4.0 out of 5 stars Good times
The laces do not have enough internal friction and easily become untied. Get different laces and these will be a good purchase.
Published 11 months ago by The biggest

2.0 out of 5 stars Squeaky
I like the shoes but finding that on some floors (liked the waxed tile floors in my office building) the rubber soles squeak VERY loudly with every step. Noisier than basketball shoes on hardwood! Hoping that a little break in and scuffing will kill the noise eventually.
Published 13 months ago by seoulman

2.0 out of 5 stars Squeaky, January 10, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good times, March 12, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars fair quality for the price, but these could be much better for a little bit more money, February 2, 2015
These shoes get the basic job done (was looking for some sharp/conservative, business casual *waterproof* shoes for work), but the leather so far seems cheap - more like low-end bonded leather than full-grain.

As a result, it doesn't seem that these will last nearly as long, nor will they develop creases that will look or wear nearly as well as my old Rockport DresSports wing-tips (non-waterproof) from perhaps 20 years ago that I still own and wear and enjoy.

I attached a photo illustrating how the creases/wrinkles in this leather look after a few days of wear. It's hard to tell from the photo, but there seems to be some sort of plastic layer over the leather, and that's what is wrinkling in an unnatural way -- similar to low-end bonded leather, if you have experience with that type of leather.

I'm not sure what the point of the waxed laces is. Maybe they protect against soggy laces (is that really a serious problem?), but even if I double-knot these slippery/stiff laces, they still come undone in a few hours with average office walking around.

And this last observation is probably my own fault, but I packed these for a business trip on Sunday, and when I unpacked in the hotel that evening, I discovered that these shoes left black streaks all over the folded dress shirt on top of the stack. A quick application of Tide stick couldn't fix it, so I had to send the shirt out for laundering via the hotel's front desk. Luckily they were able to get the black marks off, for $6.05.

Despite all those negative observations, it's hard to complain too much for the price I paid ($75, and free shipping), though.

They are comfortable, with a very short break-in period, and the soles haven't squeaked on marble or linoleum, as some other reviewers mentioned. (My pair has the Adidas "Adiprene" soles; not sure if all versions of this shoe use the same material.)

One caveat: Though I bought these specifically because they are claimed to be waterproof, it hasn't actually rained yet while I've been wearing them (I've had them for a couple of weeks). I'll try to remember to post a follow-up if I have a bad experience with their waterproof feature. Hopefully that won't be the case, because if it is, I'll be inclined to drop another star or two from my rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfort shoes, June 14, 2014
Nice looking and light weight, perfect fits my large foot but its design makes the look is not big. Highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Affordable, Durable, November 23, 2014
I don't usually wear dress shoes, because they tend to be extremely uncomfortable, expensive, and wear out quickly, not these Rockports. I wore them for a few exams and recent trip and I didn't even notice I had them on. They are also very durable, leather bottom shoes would have been severely worn by the same excursions. They are also quite affordable considering the last shoes I bought, and those weren't comfortable or durable. Definitely worth the price and will buy again when they are worn out. They also look pretty good. The right thickness socks are very important to being as comfortable as possible in these, not too thin or too thick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for work, November 8, 2014
This shoes fit just right. My feet are a bit wide so I order the 13" because it's not easy to find 12.5" wide. I fit in between those sizes so the Rockports have always given me a little room to spare and be comfortable right out of the box.

The color is darker than I wanted it to be but I couldn't beat the price, plus I wanted a waterproof material with the winter months coming up here in New England.

Overall a great pair of shoes for the price, quality, and fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, December 15, 2014
Purchased these for my husband who is a car salesman and was ruining his other dress shoes due to the wet weather. He says these shoes are very comfortable for all-day wear (he's on his feet most of the day). He hasn't really tested out the waterproof quality yet, but said they did hold up for a minimal amount of water. Overall, good quality, fits true to size, very comfortable.

3.0 out of 5 stars How can a Color Affect the SIZE of a Shoe?, December 31, 2014
Brian Egan (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This is very strange, but the black 10W, I now discover, is measurably wider (about 1/3 inch at widest point of sole) than the dark brown 10W. Hard to believe, but true. The difference is quite visible, too--the black says "wide." I think the dark brown size was a fluke, but unfortunately it guided me into buying the black of the "same" size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shoe, November 17, 2014
These shoes are great. I have been wearing them for over a month now with no signs of wear. I gave it 4 starts only because it squeaks on linoleum floors. I would still by these shoes again because of the high quality and the occasional squeaks are something I can live with for being such a great shoe. I wear them all day long in and out of an office.

3.0 out of 5 stars SQUEAKS !, June 6, 2014
M "M" (Pennington, NJ) - See all my reviews
This is a great Rockport shoe except for the squeaking sole on hard smooth surfaces. Please fix this flawed sole design Rockport!