Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 2, 2015
These shoes get the basic job done (was looking for some sharp/conservative, business casual *waterproof* shoes for work), but the leather so far seems cheap - more like low-end bonded leather than full-grain.

As a result, it doesn't seem that these will last nearly as long, nor will they develop creases that will look or wear nearly as well as my old Rockport DresSports wing-tips (non-waterproof) from perhaps 20 years ago that I still own and wear and enjoy.

I attached a photo illustrating how the creases/wrinkles in this leather look after a few days of wear. It's hard to tell from the photo, but there seems to be some sort of plastic layer over the leather, and that's what is wrinkling in an unnatural way -- similar to low-end bonded leather, if you have experience with that type of leather.

I'm not sure what the point of the waxed laces is. Maybe they protect against soggy laces (is that really a serious problem?), but even if I double-knot these slippery/stiff laces, they still come undone in a few hours with average office walking around.

And this last observation is probably my own fault, but I packed these for a business trip on Sunday, and when I unpacked in the hotel that evening, I discovered that these shoes left black streaks all over the folded dress shirt on top of the stack. A quick application of Tide stick couldn't fix it, so I had to send the shirt out for laundering via the hotel's front desk. Luckily they were able to get the black marks off, for $6.05.

Despite all those negative observations, it's hard to complain too much for the price I paid ($75, and free shipping), though.

They are comfortable, with a very short break-in period, and the soles haven't squeaked on marble or linoleum, as some other reviewers mentioned. (My pair has the Adidas "Adiprene" soles; not sure if all versions of this shoe use the same material.)

One caveat: Though I bought these specifically because they are claimed to be waterproof, it hasn't actually rained yet while I've been wearing them (I've had them for a couple of weeks). I'll try to remember to post a follow-up if I have a bad experience with their waterproof feature. Hopefully that won't be the case, because if it is, I'll be inclined to drop another star or two from my rating.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 30, 2015
I've purchased these shoes from Rockport for many years, and although I will keep these shoes and try to break them in, they are not as comfortable to me as the previous models, the leather top looks no where's near as good, and the arch support is pretty minimal. They are OK for general use if you don't have to be too dressy, but it's been three days and I'm still not very comfortable in them. I hope they are waterproof as they are supposed to be (all my previous models were), but I don't know that yet until we get some rain. I'm not trying to be terribly negative here, because they are OK shoes and I plan to keep them, but they are not as nice as the older model (which I've purchased for about fifteen years now). I would rate them four stars, and I would wait until they are on sale.
on November 17, 2014
These shoes are great. I have been wearing them for over a month now with no signs of wear. I gave it 4 starts only because it squeaks on linoleum floors. I would still by these shoes again because of the high quality and the occasional squeaks are something I can live with for being such a great shoe. I wear them all day long in and out of an office.
on June 20, 2015
After a few partial days wearing them, either they are broken in or I have enough callouses to wear them all day. The fit seems to be exactly as I expected. The soles have never squeaked for me even after getting wet. The middling rating is for the overall value. When I bought them, the price was about $75. I just thought that it was a bit pricey for shoes with these soles. I guess that I have not bought leather soled shoes for a while.

The laces will not hold a knot for me. I had to buy new laces right after I bought these shoes.
on March 12, 2014
The laces do not have enough internal friction and easily become untied. Get different laces and these will be a good purchase.
on October 19, 2015
It's an excellent shoe and the no-slip bottoms work well. I wear them every day for work and am often on my feet and moving quickly between rooms or when helping customers. As such, the insoles haven't lasted very long and need replacing. Other than that, it's a good shoe that takes well to shining and has enough flexibility for those that are on their feet all day. Would buy again.
on January 9, 2016
I have an high arch so all my shoes required an insert as did these. Shoe is very comfortable, a little warmer than others, which I expected with a waterproof shoe. Will be buying another pair when these wear out or sooner in a different color.
on March 10, 2015
I've been searching for the right shoe for the last four years that fit perfectly and would also last more than three months. I am not disappointed by this shoe. It lives up to the Rockford name and the bottom of the shoe could put Columbia Spidertech grips to shame. Living in Minnesota, this shoe is amazing during the winter as well with no slippage.
on December 15, 2014
Purchased these for my husband who is a car salesman and was ruining his other dress shoes due to the wet weather. He says these shoes are very comfortable for all-day wear (he's on his feet most of the day). He hasn't really tested out the waterproof quality yet, but said they did hold up for a minimal amount of water. Overall, good quality, fits true to size, very comfortable.
on November 28, 2015
They are nice looking and fitting shoes. The issue is they have nasty stitching in the back that rubs that area at the back of your ankle above your heel. I had to place mole skin on the area so i can wear the shoes.