Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on February 14, 2013
I will say that the sizing is slightly tight. Meaning you will wear these with dress socks and likely need to use a shoe horn to easily get into them. They are brand new, I got them with that gold box deal a couple of days ago so they need to break in, but I can tell that they will fit fine. Looks? Well you can see in the pictures, the shoe is just as the pictures show.

I gave it 4 of 5 because the fit is close and likely I will use a shoe horn. I also would have at times liked to use other than dress socks and that would be impossible with these.

As for the whole made in the USA thing, I leave that to others. I thought people would like to know what the shoes themselves were like. I have always loved rockport shoes, I use them with my suits, the more formal ones that look like Johnston & Murphy shoes, and was looking for a more casual pair to wear. These fit the bill and arrive just in time for a valentine's dinner with the girlfriend.

EDIT: After an hour of wearing them they are very comfortable. I would give them more like a 4.5. Like I said a shoe horn would make getting these on easier, but I suppose any looser and they would not fit right. Good shoes and what I expected given I like rockport shoes.

Update: Been wearing them over a month now. Great, great comfortable pair of shoes. I highly recommend.
on February 17, 2013
I always wear my Rockport Leather Walkers for dress or casual . They run about the same in cost $110 full price . I bought a pair 12 years ago on sale for $82 . So when I saw a shoe that could more closely fill in for dress or casual situations for less then that on sale I jumped at it . I needed a black shoe as my walkers are beige ; yes I am fashion challenged when it comes to coordinating appropriate colors .
These shoes are very tight . The right one actually hurts and makes me believe quality control on size is a little off . The leather is very stiff as is the elastic . I am torn whether to return or try to break in as others have commented on . Been putting them on and off trying to decide .
Where I can comment is the shoe looks very nice . However the stitching of the sole to the uppers is single stitch with only glue in the heel area . The bicycle design is double stitched like a shoe should be . The elastic is double stitched in also . The leather uppers are very stiff on arrival and sadly so is the rubber sole especially when compared to my walkers . There is no padding on the uppers or quality liner though the toe area has something like tent material encapsulating the inside . The bottom padding is thin . The shoe looks uniform and well made . There was a little excess glue on the left but nothing terrible .
For the sale price I will more then likely keep them .
I guess I have to try to break them in and put a shoe stretcher in the right one . The other Rockport shoes I have bought were wonderful and the most comfortable shoes I ever had that could pass for dress . Becoming older with pain and mobility issues that made a slip on attractive I had high hopes for these shoes being as comfortable as my previous pair of Rockport Walkers . Their not , oh well it could be worse I could of been born female and felt compelled to wear high heals .
All in all these are nice shoes just not as comfortable as I had enjoyed with my previous Rockport purchases . But then again a good quality sneaker always beat a dress shoe from my experience . Dress shoes are usually pretty miserable from my experience , these are good looking and no worse then similar alternatives . Good luck and hope to update with a enlightened viewpoint after more break in time .

Note shoes are stretching and breaking in but still not as comfortable as my Rockport Walkers I wear every chance I can despite being white .
on February 15, 2013
These shoes are very comfortable. I am a fan of the slip-on style dress shoe and there is nothing worse than having them too loose. These fit perfectly. They are a little snug getting on, but your feet don't slide around once they're in. If I based this review on style and comfort alone, I'd give them 5 stars!! However..... these shoes smell like they've been soaked in gasoline....

I thought my car smelled like gas on my way to work today. I figured it was the air outside, maybe something with my car. However, I am sitting at my desk right now and my office smells like a gas station. I've discovered it's the shoes. It's almost unbearable. I received these shoes yesterday, so they're fresh out of the box. I am hoping that they just need some time to 'breath' and that this smell will dissipate. I think I may have to run home at lunch to switch shoes...

If these shoes weren't so darn comfortable, I'd probably knock the review down to 2 or 3 stars. As long as the smell is temporary, I'll only knock off one star. Buy the shoes, just be prepared to wait a few days before you wear them.

EDIT: After a few days outside of the box, the smell has dissipated. No further issues.
on February 20, 2013
Usually when I ordered a 8.5 2E (extra wide) shoe size from Amazon, it fits beautifully; however, this was not the case. Too slim and tight around the toe bones...
on October 6, 2013
This shoe was extremely uncomfortable. I expected the leather to be softer and the insole to have a more spongy feel. I very disappointed.
on August 6, 2013
I purchased a pair of these shoes three years ago and have worn them almost every day to work since then. They have been so good I am purchasing another pair. I work IT and occasionally have to squat at peoples desks. I am very aware of the toes of my shoes and do my best not to crease them and these have held up well. I have never had a shoe stand up to frequent creasing. These have held up great. I still polish them every few weeks and keep them clean and they still look very nice in a corporate environment. I would recommend them to anyone.
on June 2, 2013
These looked like nice shoes and I would have liked to have kept them, but the opening through which I had to insert my foot was just way too small for my foot. I've never seen a shoe like that, where I couldn't even get my foot into it, so I had to return them to Amazon (which fortunately has a gracious return policy).
The upper surface comes way too far rearward - should have been about an inch shorter (offering a longer insertion area). Apparently, the designer never tried to put these on.
on January 24, 2014
Shoes seem to run small as the other reviewers have stated. The material on the insole of the shoe also doesn't breath very well which, when combined with the tight fit, causes a slightly sweaty uncomfortable situation.
on June 14, 2013
Very comfortable shoe. Was pleasantly surprised at how good it feels to wear.
Styling isn't the greatest hence the 4 star rating. If you're not concerned with
the style too much it's a very comfortable shoe. Recommended. Would have
bought two pair had I known how comfortable they are.
on August 29, 2013
This is a very comfortable shoe that runs true to size. I normally wear a size 10 and the 10 fit perfect. It's a roomy 10 in a good sense. My foot does not feel cramped at all. At the end of the work day, there is no pain or fatigue in my feet. I would definitely recommend this shoe