5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet
Published on October 26, 2007 by Stephen Shay

3.0 out of 5 stars Feel great, look fair.
These shoes were somewhat comfortable right out of the box and after a week of break in they are very comfortable all day, even walking around alot. That's what I selected Rockports for, and they are living up to their reputation in that area.

Published on August 6, 2007 by Jonker

3.0 out of 5 stars Feel great, look fair., August 6, 2007
This review is from: Rockport Men's Ellingwood Oxford (Apparel)

However, in person the uppers have the look of a less expensive shoe, like the department store house brand that is similar to the high quality shoes in style but only costs half as much. If these cost less, I'd easily give them another star, but for the price my perception is they're somewhat lacking in this area.

So far the workmanship appears to be solid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Are these shoes leather?, December 13, 2012
Robert R. Romeo (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I wore these twice, both times on sunny days. I had applied high quality polish prior to wearing them. After the second time that I wore them, the top of the right shoe cracked in two different places.

By purchasing these "shoes," I fell into the reduced price trap. Either all Rockport shoes are now garbage or the shoes sold through Amazon are garbage, but I have been burned twice. Because the shoes did not crack until after 30 days, I cannot get a refund; (it's like having your car break down the day after the warranty expires).

I suggest that you buy shoes elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars squeeky and look like plastic, November 2, 2011
This review is from: Rockport Men's Ellingwood Oxford (Apparel)
This is the third pair of these shoes that I have owned. The previous two pair were comfortable and nice looking but this new pair has the look of pleather. Adding to the shoody appearance (which I thought I could improve with polish--with no success)is the annoying squeek that these shoes make when walking in them. I would not recommend purchasing them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not your father's Rokport, October 14, 2013
James H. Dobbins "jdobbins" (Goldvein, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I have ordered Rockport for many years, and for a long time was the only shoe I wore. This pair is one of the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I ever had. The old Rockport, before the company got sold, had very flexible and comfortable soles. Now the new shoes are made in China, have hard and inflexible leather soles, and are decidedly uncomfortable. I wore them one time and that may be the last time I wear this pair of Rockports.

1.0 out of 5 stars this is not leather, May 24, 2009
I should have investigated this more. the shoe is fine for rainy days but its a pleather type material so not a daily wear dress shoe. I like Rockport so assumed this was real leather (I've had several pairs and have always been happy).

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet, October 26, 2007
This review is from: Rockport Men's Ellingwood Oxford (Apparel)
This will be my second pair of Ellingtonwood Oxfords. I will admit that I'm no fashion slave, but these shoes go well with my day-to-day office shirt and tie, and I've even worn them with my tux (without my wife even noticing). These are the most comfortable dress shoes I've ever owned, but there's a huge added bonus - these shoes are water resistent. My feet stay dry and happy whether is rain or shine! (Check out the Rockport website for more details.) These shoes are more expensive than most of the shoes that I tend to buy (I like to stay in the $60 range). When I tried them on in the store, I had to think for a moment if my feet would appreciate spending the additional 20 bucks. I also weighed the hassle of more shopping and the answer was obvious. I forked over my eighty bucks and my feet are grateful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 1, 2012
This review is from: Rockport Men's Ellingwood Oxford (Apparel)
I bought a pair in oxblood several years ago and found them to be very comfortable. When I needed a new pair of black shoes I felt safe in ordering the Ellingwood model online because I already knew they fit well. What I didn't anticipate was while the shoe upper is still made of leather, the tongue (which is not considered part of the upper) is now "man-made". The stiff plastic-like material is not pliable and the edge digs into my ankle as I stride, making the shoe unwearable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, December 8, 2009
I've been wearing Rockport Ellingwood shoes for several years now. I'm a salesman and I am on my feet all day. These shoes are always very comfortable from day one and good looking for either business casual or dress.

2.0 out of 5 stars More casual than dress, leather but not quite, January 2, 2011
I purchased these under the impression that they might either have the sheen as shown in the product picture, or could at least shine up to that level - they do not and can not. As a casual shoe, it's on the ever so slightly dressy side, but they do not really fit into a conservative work environment. The toe is a bit too thick to be dressy, and the thick rubber "border" that the sole creates around the toe simply is not all that classy. The product images shown simply

The soles are squeaky on polished marble or tile floors, even though there is no obvious unusual wear - I suspect it is simply the material used. I find myself occasionally walking on the ball of my toe to avoid the embarrassing squeak. I did not discover this problem until they were well worn, broken in, and entirely unreturnable. The heel may wear quite quickly because the rubber is so soft, so taps may be requisite IF these fit you well - see below.

The leather is not quite leather. I have older Rockports that have been made of far more pliable and comfortable, higher quality leather that broke in quite nicely. These are somewhat harsh pleather with the soft but overly thick lining that provides cushioning but no real comfort. They will crease to no end (and by no means gracefully) and can be stiff and painful to break in. My toes were blistered and calloused after one extended walking period: not the sign of a shoe meant for extended walking. Although the insole is comfortable, you may find your toes pinched from above if the leather does not break in properly until it does so.

I'd avoid blindly buying these online, but first trying them on in the store to make sure this is not a problem. I suspect the design of the shoe at my size (8W) is a bit off. The shoes felt snug when I first tried them on, indoors on carpet, and for the first day or two of walking around outside. After a week or two of breaking in, they'd clearly stretched out significantly, so that my foot could shift around even tied down tightly.

Ultimately, this is not a model I would purchase again, and I may have to think twice about buying Rockport at all in the future if the materials do not improve.

3.0 out of 5 stars slim for the size, smells unhealthy like many cheap chinese products, December 28, 2009
T.S. (Puchheim, Munich, Germany) - See all my reviews
My third pair of Rockport Shoes!

Although I never order shoes online, Rockport is an exception
because they cannot be bought in Germany and they produce shoes
comfortable as sports shoes but wearable with a business suit.
But this pair is not as comfortable and fits tighter (although same size!)
compared to the model 'Evander Oxford' which I ordered last year, and
which I can recommend as a comfortable shoe for business.

But maybe they have to be worn in..... (is this correct english?)

T.S., Germany