5.0 out of 5 stars Great comfy shoes for the office
Published on January 15, 2007 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Squeeky Shoes
After less than 4 months of use (3 or 4 days a week) the shoes began to squeek. Its very loud, and very obvious. Super anoying in an office setting. Squeeking is even noticable outside on busy streets. I have tried some "online" remedies including useing a new sole insert, slicking up the tounge with some vasaline, and other things none of which have helped.
Published 12 months ago by SpencerC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comfy shoes for the office, January 15, 2007
Amazon Customer (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I'm a New Yorker so about half of my commute is by foot. Before I found these shoes, I had just about given up on my search for comfy shoes besides sneakers to wear to work. I had found nice-looking shoes that were stiff and comfy shoes that were ugly. In my latest attempt to find a nice shoe, I stumbled across these Rockports and I was amazed. They're so comfy and attractive. It has a very cushion-y sole that makes for walking on sidewalks very nice (something that hurts my feet in my Ecco's). While I wear these mostly to work, they go great with jeans as well.

The only possible problem with these shoes is that the sole is pretty soft so they may wear out sooner than you want. For me, that isn't a problem.. I like these so much, I'd be happy to buy another pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Dressy, and Comfortable, May 14, 2007
This is a walking shoe which manages to be dressy and comfortable at the same time. I tend to have a difficult time with shoes. Even though I live in a large metropolitan area, I have difficulty finding shoes in my small size -- 7.5D, and I don't like to waste time in useless searches. I do a great deal of walking -- I don't drive -- and, at the same time, I have problems with shoes and with my feet. I need to use arch supports and this requires a shoe that fits properly with a bit of flexibility. These Rockport shoes fit me correctly and, after a period of breaking in, adjusted to the arch supports I need to wear. On most days, they are dressy enough to wear to work. I generally use other shoes when I walk for exercise, but these shoes would serve that purpose as well if I needed them. I was reluctant to buy shoes, sight unseen, from an Internet seller; but my size was readily available and I was familiar with the product. The product was fairly priced, timely shipped, and arrived in good condition. I was happy with the shoes, happy not to have wasted time running from store to store looking for a difficult size, and happy with the service.

Robin Friedman

5.0 out of 5 stars A very high-quality dress-casual/Oxford shoe., March 11, 2007
Justo Roteta (Los Angeles, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rockport Men's Margin Oxford (Apparel)
Although I personally prefer the (now-discontinued) Jefferson and Washington models from Dockers (which were very similar to these Rockports in design and style but more comfortable) I'll admit that these are excellent. They have a simultaneously casual and dress-casual styling and aura and go well with both khaki pants and jeans. As with most Rockport shoes the overall quality of both craftsmanship and built is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid shoe, June 22, 2006
MJ (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
I just bought a pair of these from a friend who works at a shoe store. I was looking for a pair of shoes to wear to work. I have several nice pairs but they are either too dressy or uncomfortable for all day wear, everyday.

I dont know much about shoes but I know Rockport is a solid brand for comfortable dress shoes. These shoes look great and are comfortable. My friend (who works at the shoe store) also said that there is a cushion on the bottom of the shoe which absorbs the impact and spreads it around the bottom when you are walking.

The shoes cost me a little less than what they have advertised here and I've had them about 1 1/2 wks and I imagine they will become more comfortable the more I break them in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with orthotics, July 11, 2009
This review is from: Rockport Men's Margin Oxford (Apparel)
I wear orthotics. I have a hard time finding proper fitting shoes, since the orthotic raises the foot. You usually end up with cramped toes and your heel slipping out of your shoe. In my previous job, it was casual dress, and I wore ankle-height workboots (such as Timberlands). Roomy toes, and no worry about my heel slipping out.

In my current job, I now need to wear a suit...and dress shoes. Dress shoes tend to have pointed toes and a low back, worst possible combo with orthotics. But I'm happy to report that this shoe fits well...even though it's only marginally a dress shoe. First of all, it has a removable insole (not glued in), so you can take it out, and recover some inside room. Second, it has a square toe, which means less cramping. Third, the uppers are very soft. Even if the top of your foot is pressed against it, it doesn't chafe.

Didn't take any break-in at all...that of course will depend on your particular foot. The collar is lightly padded, not deeply cushioned like a running shoe...so it can pass as a dress shoe. The soles are flexible, non-slip rubber and will outlast leather soles. The soles do not have deep treads (running shoe or hiking boot style)...so it can pass as a dress shoe.

The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the quality of the linings. It's lined with cloth and vinyl. Given the relatively low price, that's OK. An older pair of Rockports I have (now discontinued) was all leather lined. I don't like to change shoes often, so I'd rather pay an extra $20 for leather linings.

Won't garner any points for high fashion, but it's at least passable with a suit. On the clunky side, but the square toe sets it apart from steel-toed work oxfords. Some people wish for a higher-gloss shine. But the dull shine has a great advantage: scuff marks aren't as noticeable, and you don't need to shine them frequently. If you want good day-in/day-out comfort with orthotics, I highly recommend it. I wouldn't recommend buying them online though, unless you're buying exactly the same shoe model that you previously wore. With orthotics, the proper size varies a lot with the shape of the shoe and the pair of orthotics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy feet!!!, March 30, 2010
This review is from: Rockport Men's Margin Oxford (Apparel)
I've been wearing this particular brand of Rockport for over ten years.
They're classy, shiny, comfy and are generally the best pair of shoes for work that I've ever owned.
Now.......that said, they have had "issues" over the years.
Way back when the soles were simply horrid.
The entire sole on one shoe literally split right in half.
For a $100.00 dress shoe that is simply unacceptable.
Now, flash forward ten years and the sole issue has been resolved but my most recent pair the right inside heel wore out VERY quickly which resulted in a very sore right heel.
Other than that?
There aren't many shoes that can stand up to a midwest winter but these do.
Between the rain, sleet, snow, salt on the roads no shoes hold up better than these.
I give them my recommendation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and quite confortable shoes, May 29, 2007
V. Sharma (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
These are really comfortable shoes, which could be worn on both casual and semi-formal occasions. These would go very nicely with trousers or jeans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dress shoes with a lot of headspace, March 22, 2007
I bought these shoes for myself after trying them on locally due to the low price on amazon. I have problems with most shoes due to their low profile and having a thick foot. Additionally I like to wear arch support inserts due to my feet overpronating. I found that these shoes would allow me to have my inserts in comfortably. I would recommend these shoes to anyone with thicker feet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Squeeky Shoes, September 18, 2013
SpencerC (Naperville, IL United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, January 26, 2007
Allen R. Irwin (Sydney Australia) - See all my reviews
I cannot fault this shoe - it's slightly tight to start with but I wanted that; it will stretch soon to just right! Holds in all the right places. My gripe is that the seller will only deliver to a US address. I am in Australia and had to get the shoes delivered to the mother of my friend in CA and then she sent it onto me. A bit of a hassle but the shoes are worth it in the end!

Rockport Men's Margin Oxford