Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 16, 2012
The Rockport Men's On Road Walking Shoe is built on the same sole (last?) as the Rockport World Tour Classic shoe, of which I have four pairs.

Rockport Men's World Tour Classic Walking Shoe

The WT Classic no longer comes in the creme/white leather of yesteryear, so I thought I'd try the On Road version in Sport White.

Like the WT Classic, the On Road accommodates my full-length orthotic inserts (after Rockport's original inserts are removed). The shoes high heel counter helps with the half-inch heel lift on one of the inserts.

The sizing of the On Road shoe is the same as the WT Classic, which has been consistent year after year. Once you know your size in either shoe, you can buy subsequent pairs with confidence.

BTW, the reviewer who said this shoe is not leather is incorrect. The item description says they are leather uppers, and so does the tag on the inside of the tongue ("LEATHER UPPER, BALANCE MAN MADE").

Would I buy them again? You betcha, especially since the creme/white color in leather is no longer available in the WT Classic line, which is my favorite shoe.
on August 3, 2012
I have had good luck with Rockport Eureka shoes in the past, so I wanted to try out the On Road model. They are well-constructed, but unfortunately, the uppers do not seem to be made of true leather; rather, they are a higher-grade vinyl textured to look and feel more like leather. Even after only a four-hour shift, I can tell that these uppers neither feel as soft nor allow my feet to breathe as easily as genuine leather uppers. I would recommend going with the tried-and-true Eureka or World Tour models instead.
on April 24, 2013
I purchased these shoes upon my husband's request. He had a pair of these shoes years ago, and he always felt they were very comfortable shoes. Every time we went shopping somewhere, we looked for them; but we had no luck finding them. I don't know why I didn't think of Amazon long before now. My husband was so thrilled when I found them through Amazon. My husband is
pre diabetic, so we're always concerned about his foot comfort. He works in construction, so changing into these Rockport shoes is definitely a relief for his tired and aching feet. For him, they seem to be true to size and are very comfortable, too. They look more like a dressy sneaker.
on September 8, 2013
I purchased this pair of shoes based on past rockport walking shoes that I have purchased and I'll be blunt about this shoe - it is horrible. I've been wearing them for the last 3 weeks and I have had nothing but issues with the shoes. At first they were tight and a little on the small side - but I thought that after some wear they would expand as this shoe typically does and fit better. I've worn them as much as I can stand for the last 3 weeks and they still are killing my feet. I've developed several blisters from wearing them on my toes / feet / heel and am not happy with these shoes whatsoever. I can only stand to wear them for a few hours at a time before I have to take them off and switch to a pair of shoes that are actually comfortable. I would not buy this style again and regret trying to save 20$ off the pair of Pro-Walkers that I usually get. There is no spring in your step when you wear these, the soles are hard and don't give and I believe that the size is slightly smaller than what they should be - they are not true to size as I always in the past have been perfectly fine with a pair of 10 W shoes and these just don't do it. I hope I can get enough wear out of them to justify the $44 that I spent on them. Maybe with a little luck I can get them ruined at work and get reimbursed for the cost of the shoes. I wish I could say something positive about them - but I just can't. I would have returned them if I could - but after wearing them at work - I don't think they'll take them back!
on December 5, 2013
I wear for 20 years now almost exclusively Rockport, 95% out of 45 shoes I have. These shoes is a BIG disappointment1 They don't come even close to the Prowalkers (which is itself not the best walking shoes anymore Rockport makes). VERY stiff and rigid, I didn't even want to walk around the house as could tell instantly that this is a very uncomfortable shoe. Returned despite the good price.
on October 8, 2013
I'm very disappointed with these shoes.
I have been wearing this same shoe for years.
I remember the first time I tried this style on,
I thought I had Heaven on my feet. My
second and third pair were just as good.
I needed new ones, Amazon had them (good price too)
so I didn't even hesitate.
Now I know better.
By now you are wondering why I didn't return them.
Good question.
I tried to like them, hoping they would come in.
I was taught not to return things after wearing them.
Well, with a couple of sole cushions, they are usable.
But I won't be buying RP again without trying them on first.

If they hadn't come from Amazon,
I would swear they were counterfeit.

PP4x4
on January 26, 2016
This is the 2nd time in the last 4 months that I purchased this exact shoe, same color and size, and it is different from the pair I bought 4 months ago.
They look ALMOST exactly the same, but the new ones just say ROCKPORT on the back while the pair from 4 months ago say ROCKPORT PROWALKER (Look at the photo on the Amazon webpage). Inside, the labels on both say made in Vietnam, but the one from 4 months ago says LEATHER UPPER, while the new one says MAN MADE UPPER. The model number inside the shoe from 4 months ago is APM35519, while the model number inside the new one is K71085. A view from the top and they both look exactly the same, with the same sole. The new ones feel different, not as comfortable. I know they are new and not broken in yet, but when I received the other pair 4 months ago and put them on, they felt great immediately. This must be a money saving thing for Rockport. I don't think that this is a change for the better.
on January 28, 2014
but it did and I returned it. It was stiff with no flex to it and it looked like a cheap Wal-Mart $10 shoe. I didn't know Rockport made anything of poor quality.
on June 1, 2016
I have purchased Rockport shoes for years. For me price is not the object but I have had trouble for recently attempting to purchase shoes with width and support from anywhere. These are an example of my search. I have orthopedic inserts so support shouldn't be an object but even if the size wasn't exactly right, there should be some support. None. I felt like I was walking on bricks. I actually had to look twice to make sure they said "Rockport" on the box.
on January 17, 2014
Put about 20 miles or so on this so far, and, tho' it is a light shoe, it is very comfortable and supportive. Did a 2.5 mile 'break-in' and found that it didn't need a break-in. Also very comfortable in a working environment. Only open question is the mileage it will take.