Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 25, 2014
I have somewhat wide feet and have grown accustomed to buying New Balance 99x series over the years in 10.5 2E sizes. I was looking for a pair of sandals that would have a similar size accomodation and thought I would try out these Rockport sandals.

They fit great, they're pretty comfortable, and I like the appearance. However, on the inside of the sole around the arch, they have stitched together different materials, leaving a raised, stitched ridge that quickly begins to gnaw and rub at the tender bits of your foot.

After an hour of normal every day walking, I had to take them off and put on real shoes, or blisters would have surely developed. I can't imagine what thought process went into having the surface of the sole be two materials resulting in an uncomfortable ridge, but it was a terrible one.

The only way I can wear these is by cutting out some moleskin strips or sport tape.... or wearing socks. Maybe most of the other reviewers have hardened feet, but I can put 70-80 miles a week in my new balances no problem. Sandals should be about sockless comfort, and the manufacturer should strongly consider making the surface of the sole one piece to prevent this abrasion of foot on sole.
on June 27, 2015
I purchased these in a size 10 for my husband and he reports that they are the most comfortable sandal he has every worn. He has a moderately flat arch and found the support of the this sandal to be excellent. He has worn them all day through various walking scenarios and found them to have outstanding comfort, balance, and traction. There was also no "break in" period necessary. My husband wears a size 10-10.5 with a slightly wide foot and the size 10 regular of this sandal fit perfectly.
review image
VINE VOICEon May 21, 2015
I am picky with shoes. I dont care about the brand as much as I care about comfort and these are by far the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn. Because I ordered them online though, I purchased both the standard width and wide width to see which would be better, since Amazon offered free returns. To my surprise, they are both the exact same width. No difference at all. Both fit the same and when measured together, still no difference. I guess that because the strap is adjustable they can get away with it. Other than that, I love them a lot.
on November 7, 2015
I'm on my third pair of Rockport Men's Rocklake sandals, and hope to find more once my current pair wears out. These sandals are durable, yet comfortable enough for daily wear and provide plenty support for long daily urban hikes. Unlike mainstream walking shoes, these Rockports come out of regular front-loader delicate-cycle washes smelling fresh and looking good. If you decide to give machine washing a try, wash the sandals alone with the Velcro fully engaged.
on September 16, 2014
Rockport shoes and sandals now usually uses adiprene from adidas as their insole, its really comfortable. The rest of the design is very nice and classy. However the little fabric on the side which shows the sizing etc.. cause great abrasion to my feet. I would highly recommend you to be prepared to remove it if you are buying this product.
on July 30, 2015
This most recent purchase from Amazon was to replace my old pair of the exact same sandals which I have worn for the past three years. The Rockport Rocklake Backstrap sandal is still constructed of exceptionally high quality materials and looks and feels comfortable. Yes, it could use a better arch support, but this is a minor complaint. I am not willing to pay full retail at a store which carries these, however, when I saw the excellent sale price and free shipping here on Amazon, I really had no choice--I had to purchase them. Of course I knew what size I wore in this particular model sandal prior to ordering, otherwise I would have been very worried about ordering on line. But again, with Amazon offering free returns on this product, even then it would have been worth the risk. It seems like other big name brand sandals are getting cheaper and cheaper (built--not less expensive), but Rockport seems to be maintaining their high quality standards.
on June 2, 2014
As someone with neuropathy in my feet, comfort and breathability are my priorities in summer footwear. With or without socks, these fit well and look great. Because of the excellent fit and minimal amount of pressure on my feet, the comfort level is better than any other footwear I've owned, sandals included. The size 10 pair that I ordered and received were according to my measured foot size.
No problems! The leather is excellent and the quality build of this sandal is immediately apparent.
on April 18, 2015
Love love love these sandals. Had a pair (actually still have and still wear) for 4 years. The soles and leather are still good. I just wear them all the time (Yes, I'm that guy that wears sandals in winter) and just can't destroy these things. However, since I do wear them hiking, I thought I'd get myself a "dress" pair to reduce my wife's cringing. Foolishly, I went out and tried every other sandal I could find, before I ended up right where I started. The only changes they've made are minor tweeks that have the wonderful more wonderful.
on April 29, 2015
4-29-2015, Revision A;

Back in 2011, I purchased 10-M, as this is my shoe size (actually 10-W (EE or 2E is). Those fit OK, but were a little long, by nearly 1/2 inch.
I did some research to find that size 9.5 should be just under 1/2 inch shorter that size 10. So I ordered size 9.5-M. And it was. These fit just right. The issue with them a little big, is it makes my feet seem small. And I would not want to misrepresent anything ;=)
on June 29, 2016
I bought these based on reviews and after wearing them for a week I will say the arch support is great. They were a bit squeaky when I bought them but that went away after a couple of days of wearing them. I love the style and they appear to be well made. They are easy to get on and off which is great. The adjustment of the straps works well although I have a larger instep on my left foot and it took a couple of wears to get it just right. After wearing these more I have to say they could not be more comfortable.