5.0 out of 5 stars Rockport Men's Rocklake Sandals
I have been wearing Rockport sandals for over 15 years. I can always count on good quality, comfort, and durability. Rockport Men's Rocklake sandals look good, and stand up to vigorous hand washing using a brush with mild soap and thorough rinse. I then spin out the water in the washing machine. The leather remains pliable after air-drying under a fan.

They...
Published on August 24, 2012 by Ray

I have somewhat wide feet and have grown accustomed to buying New Balance 99x series over the years in 10.5 2E sizes. I was looking for a pair of sandals that would have a similar size accomodation and thought I would try out these Rockport sandals.

Published 5 months ago by Sansui

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockport Men's Rocklake Sandals, August 24, 2012
Ray (Granbury, TX, United States) - See all my reviews

They are great for the outdoorsman. I live in a climate where it is warm enough to wear sandals most of the time, even during the winter. I wear them with socks sometimes. LOL They last as long as 10 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, August 19, 2012
Purchased a pair of these a few weeks ago.
So comfortable that I am buying a second pair for just inside the house.
Rockport delivers again.
They run big. I found that I needed 1/2 size smaller than my regular shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good you should buy an extra pair, September 1, 2012
RK "PMA Kahmann" (Northern Kentucky) - See all my reviews
My last pair of Rocklake sandals lasted nearly 7 years, and the only reason they let go was because of how I hold my foot when I drive (adding extra pressure to the back strap). They have never chaffed my feet and never loosened up while wearing them. I just bought two pair this time in case they ever quit making them. I now own 5 pair of Rockport shoes and have never regretted purchasing any of them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Five star potential, but a design flaw on the sole makes it a miserable walking experience, May 25, 2014

They fit great, they're pretty comfortable, and I like the appearance. However, on the inside of the sole around the arch, they have stitched together different materials, leaving a raised, stitched ridge that quickly begins to gnaw and rub at the tender bits of your foot.

After an hour of normal every day walking, I had to take them off and put on real shoes, or blisters would have surely developed. I can't imagine what thought process went into having the surface of the sole be two materials resulting in an uncomfortable ridge, but it was a terrible one.

The only way I can wear these is by cutting out some moleskin strips or sport tape.... or wearing socks. Maybe most of the other reviewers have hardened feet, but I can put 70-80 miles a week in my new balances no problem. Sandals should be about sockless comfort, and the manufacturer should strongly consider making the surface of the sole one piece to prevent this abrasion of foot on sole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Comfortable, April 16, 2013
I have owned a pair of these sandals for eight years and they are still going strong. All my shoes, from casual to dress, are Rockports with the XCS footpad. This footpad transfers cushioning from the heel to the ball of the foot and back again as you walk and is far and away the most comfortable I have ever worn. I was delighted to find a pair of sandals that incorporated this technology and they have more than lived up to my expectations. Alas, Rockport has since been purchased by Addidas which promptly eliminated the XCS technology and installed their own. So if these, now discontinued, sandals are available in your size buy them while you can. When they're gone you're stuck with Addidas. By the way, my five star rating is for the original Rockports, not the Addidas version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fit, comfort and looks!, June 2, 2014
Gary (Elkins Park, PA United States) - See all my reviews
As someone with neuropathy in my feet, comfort and breathability are my priorities in summer footwear. With or without socks, these fit well and look great. Because of the excellent fit and minimal amount of pressure on my feet, the comfort level is better than any other footwear I've owned, sandals included. The size 10 pair that I ordered and received were according to my measured foot size.
No problems! The leather is excellent and the quality build of this sandal is immediately apparent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wore my last pair of these for years until the dog ate one them., December 1, 2011
My go-to shoes anytime I can be casual and the thermometer's above 60 degrees. I LOVE em. They do get funky after a few wearings, but do well in the washer with my jeans, and dry quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, July 6, 2014
Got my Husband a few pair of Rockport Sandals to go to Disney, They have lasted him at least 6 yrs but worn out now from wearing them in yard while working. Found the exact pair here and they are very cushioned and comfortable for him!!! Great Buy

5.0 out of 5 stars They fit just right and are very comfortable. I've only had it for a few days ..., August 17, 2014
After sending back several pairs of sandals (Clarks, Dunham, Teva, Eco) I gave this pair a try and was pleasantly surprised. They fit just right and are very comfortable. I've only had it for a few days so I cannot vouch for their resilience over time but the design ergonomics and quality seem good.

The straps are comfortable and correctly positioned with enough adjustable length and the innersole is pliable without being too soft. I wore them to walk my dog (about 3 miles) and it held up well. There was no pinching or blisters and importantly, no smell. There was an odor when I took it out of the box but that dissipated quickly. The Clarks, Dunham and Eco were awful smelling.

I would recommend these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, July 28, 2014
P. Ptacek "Fogl" (Cleveland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
Tags on the inside of the shoes are painfully rubbing my feet. I will return them..

Rockport Men's Rocklake Backstrap Sandal