5.0 out of 5 stars Walking on air
These were my 4th Rockport shoes bought within a year & 1st loafers. I was nervous because I don't normally buy online but Amazon has great prices and great detailed images, summary & reviews. Get Prime & never worry about shipping again.

Published 23 months ago by John @ JargaPix

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable shoes, but unacceptable quality
The shoes are very comfortable, but the pair I bought appear to have been built by two different manufacturers with two different types of leather.
Published 23 months ago by R. Menon

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking on air, January 25, 2013
John @ JargaPix "El Jefe @ JargaPix" (Bergen County, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews

The shoes are seriously awesome. I got them for a trip out of the country and they slipped on and off quickly through the checkpoints. I was worried they'd be too tight or to loose but they are perfect for me. I had my feet fitted for running sneakers so I know my exact size and width. They look stylish when worn with jeans & I've even worn them with a suit. I'm not a businessman so I don't wear them roman office. I am a photographer and need to be in my feet for up to 12-13 hours some days and these shoes rock!

I've conditioned the leather& sprayed weather sealant so I expect them to last for years. I'm thinking of getting another pair in brown.

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable shoes, but unacceptable quality, January 15, 2013
This review is from: Rockport Men's Thru The Week Gore Slip-On (Apparel)
After 2 days of wearing them, the left and right shoes have visibly different color, and one has spider-web like creases in the leather. I can't use these for work anymore - run the risk of looking like I put my shoes on in the dark...
I did not expect this poor quality in shoes that cost $75....

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, October 10, 2012
These shoes are very comfortable. The leather is soft and the shoe is lightweight, perfect to wear all day. I definitely got my money's worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, January 3, 2013
Probably the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned and that is saying a lot since I have owned my fair share of Rockports.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Pair of Comfortable Black Shoes, April 11, 2012
Drew (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
I've been very satisfied with the $1,000s of dollars I spent on Amazon items, but never been compelled to write a review or at least I do not remember writing a review. These are the first pair of comfortable black shoes I have ever worn, and I'm a 47 year old professional. I've wondered for years why no one made a comfortable shoe in black. I've worn many brown, comfortable shoes only to find the manufacture did not offer the same style in black. I was beginning to think it was impossible to manufacture. I also purchases a brown pair in the same style. They are just as great. It's like wearing sneakers. Indescribable! Taking all my black and brown shoes to Goodwill today. Most of the black ones are still in the box and seldom worn.

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice I bought them twice, December 25, 2012
I bought these in brown at a local department store and loved them so much I bought the black pair from Amazon. Very comfortable, stylish enough to wear with jeans or dressy pants (but not with a suit) and great for walking around town. They run a little big and stretch a bit. I'm a 13.5-14 usually and the 13's fit just fine after a day of wearing them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor compared to my previous Rockports, November 15, 2012
Compared to the last 2 pairs of 8.5W Rockport Men's World Tour Calaska Casual Walking Loafer these 8.5W felt like I was Cinderella's big sister trying on her shoes. The size was way off as was the quality but the price was higher. I am returning these.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love them!!!, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Rockport Men's Thru The Week Gore Slip-On (Apparel)
Just received mine and I love the looks and feel of them!! I can't wait to wear these to work

5.0 out of 5 stars xmas gift, December 17, 2013
i bought these for ymy pops and he loves them.says perfect fit and extremely comfortable the adisole really does help.i deff recommend these shoes as a gift.

3.0 out of 5 stars Always try on Rockport shoes before purchasing!, September 14, 2014
I've had a bit of a nightmarish experience with Rockport shoes, and now have a love/hate relationship with both the brand, and the company. One one hand, the shoes (especially the ones with ADIPRENE insoles) are EXTREMELY comfortable (even more comfortable than some sneakers I have), when/if you can find a pair that fits you properly...

I stumbled on my first pair of Rockport's at a discount store (Ross), slipped them on, and immediately fell in love. They were super comfortable, and fit like a glove. I was, however, disappointed when they started to wear out prematurely (holes in the insoles after just a few months, despite the fact that I spend most of my day sitting at a computer) - but, since I had purchased them for about 50% off at a discount store, I figured I would just go back and find another pair and all would be fine. Unfortunately, after several months of searching, I was unable to find a replacement pair. I found similar styles and colors, but none that would work for what I needed (black work shoes, preferably slip on). I also searched other stores, but it turns out that aside from discount/outlet stores, there are only a couple of local shops that carry the Rockport brand, and selection is very limited - so, of course, I hit Amazon and I am glad I did because they had a large variety of styles in my size, some of which were less expensive than the pair I was planning to get (to replace my original pair). I ordered a pair of these 'Thru The Week' slip ons in size 11 M (the same size as my existing pair of Rockports with the premature wear). I was so excited to try on my new shoes when they arrived that I ripped open the box, and literally shoved them on my feet - but I was very disappointed when I stood up and realized that they fit like clown shoes! They felt like the correct width, but they also felt at-least a size too long (there was over an inch between the back of my heel and the back of the inside of the shoe). I contacted Amazon, and they were very friendly and helpful about setting up a return for me. They refunded my card as soon as they confirmed that UPS had picked up the package for which they provided a pre-paid label, and even offered to upgrade my shipping to next-day when I placed my replacement order. However, there was a sale on Rockport.com and I ended up finding a coupon code - so I ordered another pair directly from them, another pair of 11 M (the same size as my existing pair of Rockports with the premature wear). Once again, I ripped into the box with excitement when the new pair arrived only to once again be disappointed because this time the shoes fit properly lengthwise, but they were too snug on the sides (too narrow). I've never had to purchase wide sizes before, and the pair of Rockports I had on my feet were 11 M, but I was advised by the not-so-friendly Rockport.com customer service department that the particular style I had selected 'notoriously run narrow' - so they recommended the 11 W, which ended up fitting very well after I went through the hassle of placing another order, and getting a refund on the first pair (I had to do it this way because they only had 2 pairs of the 11 W in-stock at the time, and I was worried that if I went through their standard exchange policy they would be out of stock by the time they went to ship the replacements). Now you might think this was the end of this story, and feel free to stop reading and move on to the next review - but there's more, and if you are going to purchase Rockport shoes online, this info may be useful for you. At some point during my multiple conversations with Rockport customer service, they mentioned that their shoes have a warranty and they recommended that I ship in my original pair which I felt had worn out prematurely, and have them inspected to determine if the wear was the result of overuse or a manufacturers defect in which case they would replace them with a brand new pair (even though I couldn't find my original receipt). I went ahead and spent the $11 to ship them via UPS insured as they requested, and about a week later I called to check on the status and was advised that they would be happy to replace the shoes with a brand new pair for me, however they didn't currently have the same style and size in-stock, and there was no ETA. The customer service rep noted that they did have the 11 W in-stock, and stated that they shouldn't fit much differently - so I went with this option, knowing that the most recent pair of Rockports I got were size 11 W and fit well. So a few days later, I once again excitedly ripped into the box and slipped on my brand new shoes only to be once-again disappointed because they were too long (once again, there was over an inch between the back of my heel and the back of the inside of the shoe). This was getting ridiculous, and at this point I had already spoken with customer service, managers, written letters - you name it. This time they agreed to send me a replacement pair in size 11 M (which had mysteriously come back in to stock within the week), and now I'm waiting for that pair to arrive to see if they are going to fit or if we are going to have to swap them out again. What a pain...

So the morals of this story are:
1. Rockport shoes with ADIPRENE insoles and EXTREMELY comfortable when you find a pair that fits properly
2. You should ALWAYS try on a pair of the EXACT STYLE of Rockport shoes you want before buying them online
3. Rockport customer service can be helpful if you get the right rep, and call during their EST business hours
4. Rockport has a warranty on their shoes that they WILL honor if their shoes wear out prematurely

Overall, I recommend Rockport shoes to anyone who wants comfortable shoes that look nice enough to wear to pretty much any type of job. Just buy them in-person after trying them on if at-all possible, and if-not attempt to try on a pair of the exact same style you want to confirm the proper size before ordering online (which is still no guarantee that they will fit as expected).

Rockport Men's Thru The Week Gore Slip-On