5.0 out of 5 stars Almost like a dream come true
I need comfort shoes, but don't like how most of them look. If that describes you as well, check these out before they are gone.

Published 12 months ago by Macfan 424

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok Shoe
Not as well cushion shoe as expected. Leather is ok mediocre quality.
Arch support is not very good as others commented.
Published 10 months ago by AIK CHUAN CHUA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost like a dream come true, July 12, 2013

After years of wearing Italian loafers in an office, I found myself on my feet 12-14 hours a day managing a retail store. The expensive Italian shoes still looked great, but didn't do my feet any favors. I eventually had to give up and start wearing shoes with more support and cushioning. Unfortunately, most of them looked to me like clown shoes.

I'm retired now, but my feet have never recovered, so I still wear cushioned walking shoes all the time.

Recently, I ran across these on Amazon and, on an impulse, ordered a pair. I'm very happy I did. At last, shoes that pamper my feet yet look good.

No, they don't have sleek Italian style, but their appearance certainly belies their walking shoe heritage. I'm happy to wear them in public. Nice looking shoes with walking shoe comfort, they provide extraordinary light weight as well as excellent fit and shock absorbing soles. Immediately after putting them on for the first time, I took my dog for a mile-long walk on pavement. My feet felt great all the way. I can't recall the last pair of brand new shoes in which I could have done that.

Apparently they didn't sell as well as Rockport hoped, as they are being closed out at a great price. Get them while you can.

I guess my feet have grown in my old age, so my usual size turned out to be a little tight. After checking some sizing charts online, I discovered I should have ordered a half size larger. Those fit perfectly. (They do run true to size, the error was mine.) Amazon made the exchange an amazingly quick and painless process, getting the replacements to me the day after I ordered them! Five stars to Amazon customer service, as well as the shoes themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and very comfortable, June 30, 2013
HarV eye "HarV eye" (Laveen, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great shoe to just slip on and go. The suede looks nice and I have little need to worry about it getting wet here in Phoenix AZ. It feels cushy to walk on. Only two issues: 1) there really isn't any sole on the ground in the arch area. I don't know if that is to help prevent walking the "wrong" way, but it takes a little getting used to. If you have balance issues, you might want to avoid this shoe as it is not as stable as a regular sneaker or walking shoe. 2) The tread on this shoe makes it cushy, but the gaps between easily attract and hold gravel. If you walk on gravel, you will need to pick out the pieces. I need to do that before I go into the house so as not to scratch the floors. Other than these two issues, it's a great shoe for work and casual wear, and lightweight for warmer weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, October 25, 2013
Having worn Rockports for several years, I expected and received the same quality of materials, fit and comfort with these shoes. As a senior citizen (77 yrs.), I was a bit apprehensive about the one review that talks about balance, etc. I found NO problems. The shoe fits well and is very stable. Everything is good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok Shoe, September 14, 2013
Not as well cushion shoe as expected. Leather is ok mediocre quality.
Arch support is not very good as others commented.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I ordered, April 27, 2013
Comfortable and no slip so far guess time will tell how they wear and last. May order another pair, kind of costly is only down side

5.0 out of 5 stars Won me Over, February 21, 2014
I bought these along with another pair of shoes for work. I wanted something comfortable to walk in since I got a treadmill desk. When I first opened the box I really didnt like them. I tried them on and it felt a bit odd at first. The sole of the shoe has this strange shape that isnt the most attractive. I initially thought I was going to return them but I had to go on a business trip and needed something a bit more formal than my normal traveling shoe so I decided to keep them and am glad I did. Once you break them in after a few days they are extremely comfortable. Most shoes feel great the first time you put them on and slowly become less comfortable as the support and cushion wears out. Manufactures have learned that if you make the shoe feel really plush and soft when someone tries it on then they will typically buy the shoe. However most of the time that plush and soft feeling comes at the cost of durability. In my experience those shoes that feel great the first time then feel flat and hard after a month or two. These shoes felt just ok at first but as I said after a few days they really settled in and have continued to feel great after months of use. They slip on and off very easily but dont wear out the heel doing so like many shoes do. I wear these all the time, even outside of work. I am far from a formal guy and wear t-shirts and jeans outside of work but I wear these shoes now all the time because they feel great. I also think they look very nice outside of the weird sole appearance which isnt too obvious. The only aesthetic appearance gripe I have is that on one shoe there are wrinkles/creases now (for some reason the other shoe is fine). However I do have to say I have worn these a lot and have been tough on them. All in all I highly recommend them and likely will buy a second pair when these wear out (which doesnt seem like will happen for a long time).

3.0 out of 5 stars Look good, fit well, but one shoe was a bit deformed, February 2, 2014
I like the looks of these shoes and they fit perfectly. However, the right foot slants inward while the left shoe is perfectly fine. Before I got used to the odd angle of that right shoe I did twist my ankle slightly twice when taking a corner too quickly. I probably should have thrown them away, but I'm stubborn and either have gotten used to the shoe or broken it in enough that the slant has corrected somewhat, but after the first week I haven't had any ankle-twisting incidents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Other reviewers are right about how comfortable these shoes are!, July 15, 2013
Alex V. "Alex" (Miami, FL, 33166) - See all my reviews
I own several Rockport shoes, most of them are comfortable, but these ones are by far the best on that topic.

I really feel some "bouncing" when I walk hard (hard steps), on both hard and normal walking I feel a huge sense of comfort. But some other reviewer stated that there really isn't any sole on the ground in the arch area, that is true, so if you have balance issues, you sure take this into consideration.

I tested these last Saturday (first time I used them), walked within a mall for like 3 hours, never got foot/knee pain nor fatigue.

In addition and might be not so relevant, you'll gain height with these shoes (like 1 inch maybe). Feel free to ask questions if you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable shoe I own, March 16, 2013
Conan I. Whalen Mckain (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have to highly recommend this shoe. I have always liked rockports but this rockport is better than I expected. I typically find most shoe manufacturers make shoes that pinch my feet and do not give me an honest sizing. Rockports have never really done that. I am a really heavy guy and my feet often hurt from carrying around many extra pounds I shouldn't but these shoes really relieved the any pain and gave me a bounce in my step that I was not expecting. Wearing them the first day and every day onward and I have not had any pain in my feet and it is just a pleasure to walk in them.

Pro:

Excellent sizing
Good Support
Excellent traction
Bounce

Con:
Not a one

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 14, 2014
Great shoe very comfortable helped a lot with my pronated walk.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›