5.0 out of 5 stars When you don't have a band to play with...
Published on May 8, 2012 by TW Brown, Author, Editor, and ...

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought this to transfer the songs to Rocksmith 2014
This review is not about the game, but for those purchasing this disc to import the songs to Rocksmith 2014. Which is probably why you're looking to buy this game at this point.

Published 5 months ago by Stephen Rochester

5.0 out of 5 stars When you don't have a band to play with..., May 8, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition (Video Game)
I got this for Christmas 2011. After moving, I was no longer in a band, but I love to play my guitars. This "game" gives me the opportunity to learn a song, improve at an easy pace, and keep my fingers in shape. Also, being in my late 40s...I have been introduced to some music I might have missed out on because it just wasn't on my radar. Of course it isn't going to replace lessons for a newbie, but if you focus on honing your skills by picking the same ones for your sets, it demands that you score better to qualify. So, if you aren't in a hurry to "beat" the game, and would like to learn a plethora of songs...this is a great alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun for beginners, January 14, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition (Video Game)
This is working pretty good i dont have time for regular lessons schedule but this teaches according to my level as i get better it challenges me. Now this is not to take place of a teacher due to it does see some of the things your doing wrong like finger placement or how your position your hand, but it very helpfull to practice on your term. As for the hard stuff well will see soon or later but it wil be on my time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocksmith, September 7, 2012
Terry M. Barber (Merritt Island, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition (Video Game)
This is an awesome tool for guitar! I have progressed more in six months using Rocksmith than in two years of taking lessons. I wouldn't really consider this a game as much as a learning tool.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought this to transfer the songs to Rocksmith 2014, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition (Video Game)

First, while the songs on the original Rocksmith are great, they do not translate well to Rocksmith 2014. There are sound balance issues, which usually involves your guitar drowning out the rest of the music. I find that balance issue kills my rhythm, even on songs I know very well. I'd also have to say that the guitar parts are not as fun, and very repetitive. And while Rocksmith 2014 has an inferior line up of songs (for my taste), all the songs are more fun to play. My recommendation would be to skip buying this (Ubisoft charges $10 to transfer the songs, plus whatever you pay to buy the disc) and use the money to purchase DLC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but don't count on it as actual lessons, November 21, 2013
This review is from: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition (Video Game)
Tuning took way less time with the guitar plugged into this game than with the tuner I have always used. Getting started was easy and kind of amazing at first. I have always hated using those plastic fake guitar shaped controllers and felt like a boss using my real guitar on a game.
I didn't give it five stars because of the rolling cues instead of actual music to read. Since I already know how to read music it's no big deal but for a beginner looking to learn to play with a fun game they are missing a big part of the learning process. Instead they are only memorizing the songs given.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game the whole family will love, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition (Video Game)
I bought this for my daughter who is just starting to play the guitar and she loves play this game. This is better than Dad giving her lessons, I like the game as well having played guitar for 30 years I found it to be a challenge as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Fun and Easy!, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition (Video Game)
This has been a great purchase. You get the cord and the game. Plug in your electric guitar and start learning. So far, I am doing well for a beginner, learning some chords and some of the single note versions of songs. Great buy/will buy 2014 edition too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Game!, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition (Video Game)
I want to become a better guitarist and this game will help with my desire for sure! I know I will get better with this! It is so intuitive. Like Guitar Hero only better!

3.0 out of 5 stars Where are the instructions ?, January 19, 2014
Angelo Gino (Coral Springs, Florida, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition (Video Game)
I found this confusing, no real instructions, and no way to go back and replay a section.
For my first time trying Rocksmith, it was confusing and I did not know how to follow.
As a result I bought Rocksmith 1 thinking there would be better instructions. Nope. But I do like 1 better because the menu system is better and easy to understand. Plus on Rocksmith 1 is a option to have two guitars hooked up at once so that you and a friend can learn together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for husband, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition (Video Game)
Gave this game to my husband for Christmas. He just spent close to 5 hours straight playing... and he already sees how this game is going to help him improve his guitar playing. He only knows partials of a few songs, and some riffs he would play over and over. Now he is getting to learn some new stuff; much cheaper than having to pay for guitar lessons, and how convenient - can be used right at home.

Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition