5.0 out of 5 stars (I CAN Get) Satisfaction... finally!
(Edit update: Steam is required for this game to run. If you don't already have Steam installed on your computer I recommend you INSTALL Steam FIRST. Get your account setup and working. THEN install this game.) Also, in the folder where Rocksmith installs in Steam is a PDF, RocksmithConfiguration. This goes into great detail on how to tell if the cable and everything is...
Published on October 20, 2012 by Duane

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible customer service from Ubisoft
I purchased this game a a while back and it did not work with my guitar (ESP EC-1000). I could get it to work by plugging an amplifier inbetween the guitar and the PC, however there was quite a large latency when doing so. I contacted Ubisoft support and received very poor service with them telling me that the cable was defective and then trying to charge me to replace...
Published on November 25, 2012 by Gary

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 433 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game / guitar hero +, February 25, 2013
This review is from: Rocksmith Guitar And Bass (Video Game)
Like: Song selection, Good visualizations. Introduction to tab. Also chord names are spatted out like C5/E which I found unbelievable. Not only is this game awesome, but this game really does teach someone how to play the guitar.

Dislike: audio latency. 30ms is the lowest you can go ingame. More or less the same as guitar hero. The difference is that in Rocksmith, you are playing the guitar part, not triggering it on or off. Anyone who does recording work knows ASIO drivers are needed and 10ms is about the cutoff for imperceptible latency.

Any serious player will still love this game as long as they modify the Rocksmith.ini file to not exclusively lock the sound card. Then you turn the Rocksmith guitar volume down and can run a real amp in the background like pod farm or guitar hero with asio drivers. That way, you can direct monitor your playing (no latency).

I rated 5 stars because I get bored with videogames (exception ocarina of time, portal 2, rock band, and a few others) but found this outstanding. Most of the complaints coming from real guitarists are unfounded. This game kicks ass. As far as learning new songs, you can learn faster without the game. The game's way of learning a song has the right idea, but you can do better with more traditional methods. Still you have to be out of your mind to not think this game is a blast.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for learning, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Rocksmith Guitar And Bass (Video Game)
Helps even an experienced guitar player improve skills. Fun, entertaining, easy to play. Recommended for the beginner or the experienced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing for two years ..., January 22, 2013
Martha de Forest (Boulder Creek, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rocksmith Guitar And Bass (Video Game)
and this game, along with music lessons, is a great way to get better. I really like the riff repeater, the leveler, and the accelerator as part of my practice regimen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish it worked :(, January 20, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rocksmith Guitar And Bass (Video Game)
I purchased this game for my husband for Christmas. Since we own neither a PS3 or an XBox360 - I bought the PC version. My husband has spent several days off on the phone with Ubisoft technical assistance, but still cannot get the game to work. So far he has purchased and installed a new sound card, a new video card, and finally a new operating system. Nothing has helped. My advice - buy the game, love the game - but buy it for a game system - not for your computer.

4.0 out of 5 stars It teaches you guitar quickly, but only if you want to impress friends..., July 17, 2014
This review is from: Rocksmith Guitar And Bass (Video Game)
I was surprised how in depth Rocksmith is. I am an avid piano player, but had never picked up a guitar before. I got this after my brother recommended it to me. After playing it for over 40 hours, I can say that yes Rocksmith can teach you to play guitar, but not in a "complete" way. I was able to pick up my play speed and build up my calluses by playing this game. However, it focuses too much on just covering songs, so that you only learn to play a wide array of licks. That's great if you want to impress friends, but some people get stuck on this phase, and never develop further as musicians.

I can't deny that it is a great stepping stone for greater things, and it manages to do it in a fun way (for the most part).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, May 7, 2013
Kervin (NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rocksmith Guitar And Bass (Video Game)
I don't play video games. Just don't have the attention span for them anymore. But this is an awesome game for guitar lovers.

I almost didn't buy it to because this page says my graphics card ( an Intel Integrated graphics chip ) on my 2012 Dell Inspiron was not supported. I thought that was strange because the chip is so common and took the chance anyway, and I'm glad I did. I've been enjoying rocking sound out crowds every since :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a magic pill toward becoming a pro musician, but the best learning tool there is!, March 29, 2014
This review is from: Rocksmith Guitar And Bass (Video Game)
I've been TRYING to learn how to play the guitar for the past ten years... yeah, I'm persistent... but it was such slow going. No matter what I did (learning to read tabs, taking lessons, etc.). Nothing helped. Then my wife bought me Rocksmith for Christmas. Getting used to synching my playing with the graphics took some time, but I'm gradually getting there. This was the best Christmas gift that I've ever received! If you're thinking about getting Rocksmith, I cannot recommend it enough! I have to say, though, that nothing is an instant, magic pill to playing the guitar well. It takes time, effort, and concentration. If you're thinking that you'll buy this game and immediately be playing like a pro, think again. If you want the best tool to aid in your progression towards proficiency on your guitar, then this is the best there is!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just right, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Rocksmith Guitar And Bass (Video Game)
Got this for my son who has been using you tube videos to learn different riffs and this proved so much better. The software
has taken him from the basics to much more advanced areas. His favorite has become the bass chords and he especially
likes the fact that he can lean at his own pace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, December 24, 2013
This review is from: Rocksmith Guitar And Bass (Video Game)
Thanks to Rocksmith I've made more progress in playing the guitar in two months than I have in 10 years. I am still working on attaining Rocksmith level (11th and final level) but I look forward to the challenge. I am definitely going to pick up the 2014 version once I master this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's an excellent learning tool and very fun to play, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Rocksmith Guitar And Bass (Video Game)
It's an excellent learning tool and very fun to play. I am an experienced bass player and after a few tries I got used to the interface and now am really enjoying this game. I love how the system recognizes your playing level during the song and adjusts accordingly. The level up is a great way to learn difficult songs such as The Trooper by Iron Maiden. They gradually increase the notes until you feel comfortable. Also it has a lot of great lessons to increase your technical skills on your instrument. The menus and graphics are top notch. I highly recommend this!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 433 | Next ›

Rocksmith Guitar And Bass
Rocksmith Guitar And Bass by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista)
$59.99 $35.00