5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for those quick on the go jobs, September 17, 2011
This review is from: Rockwell RK1002K2 12-Volt LithiumTech Combo Kit (Tools & Home Improvement)
I have this set and the corded Rockwell Sonicrafter. I've found I end up using both equally because of the freedom of not having to drag around an extension cord. It is obviously not as powerful as the corded counterpart, but it works just as well for what I have used for so far. For the price, the drill is really a bonus. I already happen to own a much higher end Rockwell drill, so I only got to play with this one. It seems to be a great drill, certainly better than cheaper brands. For big jobs, I recommend both the corded and the cordless sonicrafters. It will save you a lot of time having both. The extra attachments are always a bonus too considering how much they cost individually. This one comes with 27 pieces, which normally cost over $100 dollars if you were to buy them individually. On top of all of that you get the drill and 2 lithium ion batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Toolset, February 19, 2013
I enjoy both tools, and they do pretty much what the literature claims. I would recommend the to anyone for home use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockwell Combo Kit, September 12, 2012
It is a powerful, yet lightweight drill with quality construction. The little saw and sander are very handy. It has exceeded my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for the money!, January 30, 2014
JFM (Central NY) - See all my reviews
So I finally decided to put my old (1997) Craftsman 14.4v Industrial Drill to pasture since its NiCad batteries are done for... I wasn't sure this 12v lithium ion would be able to match all the features of the old Craftsman but I have been pleasantly surprised. Torque Clutch and 2 speed gearbox both work great. The drill motor and battery have a much smaller footprint, so it's easier to maneuver the drill in tight quarters, etc.

Also, the multi-tool is actually quite impressive - So far I've cut 3/8" thick bamboo and HDPE plastic (which it just tears through like a hot knife through butter!). Sanding function is nice as well, on high speeds it removes material nicely.

Only drawback is that the batteries won't last for hours and hours of continual use (for professional construction, etc) but they seem very adequate for household use - and charge time is fast, seems like maybe 30 minutes?

At first, I wasn't sure I would like this kit but I'm very happy I made the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 STAR RATING!, January 21, 2014
I'm happy with this choice.
It is a good burgling,if u pot beside otter simillar offer were the item tei are sold sepparate, and thei DO NOT have BATTERY INCLUDE IT>>>

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and lifetime batteries, December 31, 2013
This is my second purchase of Rockwell tools. They feel suprizeingly well built for the money, and are way better than entry level craftsman stuff. Can't comment on longevity yet since it's new, but the overall feel appeas durable. The 12V batteries are very light which makes it very easy to hold. I would however imagine that they may not run ver long as a result. They did fine for my moderate job though. This kit does come with 2 batteries, so you can always charge both and have a backup readily available at all times. You're not going to find better for the money. Plus, the lifetime battery replacement is a sweet deal. This has always been the greatest drawback of cordless tools in the long run. Now, you don't have to worry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, October 21, 2013
I have owned it for few months and I have put it to good use to fix various things around the house. They are great for the price. Note that these are older models and newer ones cost even more. I use it few times a year to fix things around the house, so I don't need something that is hot on the market. This has a lithium battery and comes with a charger and they charge pretty quickly too. The best part is you get a 3 year warranty on both power tools and there is a lifetime warranty on the lithium batteries. I called customer service to register (you can also do it online) the tools and he said we just have to pay shipping for the batteries which he said is about $7-$8.
Overall a good purchase, I am taking off one point because the blades that come with the kit wore off pretty quickly. I used one of them to cut a notch in a wood plate and the blade went dull after I did couple of them. I suppose I can spend more and buy more expensive blades.

Rockwell RK1002K2 12-Volt LithiumTech Combo Kit