- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Rocky II (1979 Film) Soundtrack
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
As a sequel to the original, this soundtrack contains many of the same arrangements that marked the first film score. The tracks have been remixed, but are just as good, if not better than the originals. For example, Rocky II's "Gonna Fly Now" has a late 70's disco beat and features a chorus of children (who in the picture run with Rocky during his training run in the street and up the steps to the Philadelphia City Hall). The remix works well, has more energy than the original,
and is highly satisfying and inspiring.
There are two vocal songs on this album. Bill Conti's wife, Shelby, co-wrote the vocal ballad "All of My Life." The song is preformed by DeEtta Little and Nelson Pigford, who also performed on the original Rocky in "You Take My Heart Away". "All of My Life" was not included in the picture, but is a solid romantic song that depicts Rocky and Adrian's deep love for one another.
The other vocal track, "Two Kinds of Love" is performed by Frank Stallone, (Sly's talented brother) who also wrote the song. He sings it with his street group around a trash can fire, as Rocky carries Adrian home on their wedding night.
Last, but certainly not least, Conti inspires the listener with a stirring and dramatic theme used in the title fight with Apollo Creed, "Conquest", and is perhaps the best dramatic track on the album.Read more ›
Only 8 tracks?!! That may be your first reaction, but don't you worry, almost every musical piece of the film is included on this soundtrack!
--->(WARNING! The explanations of the Tracks can contain SPOILERS of the Movie!!)<---
1. Redemption - Yeah, Rocky is back! This song really captures that feeling. Being the main theme of Rocky II, Redemption is a completely new music track with hints in it that it is true music from a Rocky film. Rocky has just gone the distance and is transported to the hospital. The ambulances are riding through the dark city which is heard in the music, with another theme screaming: "Rocky is back!" through it. Length: (2:33)
2. Gonna Fly Now - Back is Rocky, so is the heartpumping Rocky theme! This time, a bit different from the original. More funky and even more seventies than the one the Rocky I soundtrack. Now, instead of adult voices, childeren are now singing the lyrics of the song, which gives a great power-up feeling. Length: (2:33)
3. Conquest - Rocky's back in the ring with Apollo for a rematch and gives absolutely everything he has got! The music shows this powerfully. A fantastic tence fight needs fantastic tence music must have Bill Conti thought, and he delivers that sort of music in a perfect way! When Rocky feels his strength leaving him, the music shows that feeling. When he's back fighting, the music lets you hear that! The music is just screaming: Go for it Rock!" Length: (4:36)
4. Vigil - Rocky's one and only true love Adrain has slipped into a coma. His world is upside down, his emotions are high up.Read more ›
I was fortunate to see the first "Rocky" on my best friends Top Loader VCR just prior...(that and Star Wars were my first 2 experiences with the now infamous bootleg copy!). But I was 10 - did I care?
Not only do I remember being as emotional as a 10 year old could be that Adrianne not only survived the childbirth, Rock had a kid, and of course being pumped during the workout and the fact he caught the chicken! (that "Kentucky Fried Idiot").
But what I also remember was getting the music from those key scenes stuck in my head as well...the music became just as important to me that year.
Of course the training music everyone knows, but I remembered the music during the final fight, the piano solo as Rock sits and waits out Addriane's coma, the 2 acapella songs the quartet is singing around the fire. It all stuck...and I remember getting the soundtrack to that (and Star Wars!) on that birthday that year and it was all on there.
As the hype machine started rolling months ago on Rocky Balboa was everywhere...something triggered me to find the soundtrack on cd. Went to a handful of stores and no luck..until I hit Amazon.
And I have to say it all holds up (except one track - which wasn't actaully in the movie). All the music triggers all the memories and it is amazing how after all this time it still sounds great.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All was delivered in good conditions !!! Congratulations fir the professional treatment of my order !!!Published 11 months ago by Jombeb
Bought this album years ago but super happy with my buy. Still own the album.Published 12 months ago by Carlos J. Rodriguez
For starters, some of the music on this album is very similar to "Rocky." I'm not sure how similar it is to "Rocky III," because, as of this writing, I have yet to... Read morePublished 17 months ago by Kent
There were mostly repeats of music from Rocky I. Conquest and Gonna Fly Now are classic, though. The Overture is good; I do not remember where they used it in the film. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Joe Opinion
This soundtrack has lot of the great musical themes from ROCKY II, including "Overture", "Conquest", "Redemption", and "All Of My Life... Read morePublished 20 months ago by Michael R. Rambo
Great music but it could do without repeating most from rocky. It is still a great sound track to get you going.Published on January 23, 2014 by troy daniels
Love the Rocky Movies, so i thought i would get all the soundtracks.They are mostly instrumental. This is a good addition to any Rocky fan s collection and it is very cheap now.Published on June 11, 2012 by claudio valeri