5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, non-tiring, and supportive!
Published 8 months ago by Richard J. Johnston

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoes that shine but don't last long...
UPDATE!!

Published 21 months ago by TWilhite

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, non-tiring, and supportive!, May 12, 2014
I am a big guy - 6'6" and 285lbs. I purchased these shoes to go with my tuxes inasmuch as anything else I found was often lacking entirely in comfort and support. These shoes have both in spades. Even after hours on my feet at black/white tie events, there isn't any aching in my feet, knees, or back. The soles are soft, quiet, non-marking and non-slip, and the insoles provide substantial support and comfort. The exterior sheen is tough and, even though they are a couple years old at this point, the pair I purchased is showing negligible - if any - wear.

Bottom line - a great product and worth the price!

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoes that shine but don't last long..., May 3, 2013
UPDATE!!

I have worn these shoes for just over 2 months now. They are broken in very well and are quite comfortable. HOWEVER, if I were able to show an image, you would see two parallel lines across the top of the shoe that appear to be discolored. These are the areas of the shoe that creased as I walk and the shoe bends. This area is an area of very small cracks and they won't go away. I have tried to clean them over and over but they won't. In my opinion, this is a major flaw. I will be contacting the manufacture to find out what recourse I may have.

A coworker has a pair of shoes similar to these but of a different brand. His shoes are older and they do not have this issue. I will be discarding my shoes and purchasing that brand. The brand starts with the letter B and ends in ates.

Old Review when I just got them...

These shoes were purchased to wear at work with a uniform. I have owned other brands but never Rocky high gloss shoes. I have had Rocky boots for years and have always been pleased. These shoes have a slightly thicker sole than other brands so I thought I'd try them out.

They looked great right out of the box. They didn't fit too well...at first. The thing to remember about these types of shoes is they have a breaking in period. After about a week or so of wearing them 8 to 10 hours a day, they loosened up enough to hold the title of comfortable shoes.

Don't expect these shoes to fit well right out of the box because you will be disappointed. As previously stated, they are just fine now. The first day or so, my dogs were barkin'. I waited to write this review until I'd had them a while. As of this writing, with the shoes on my feet, I am happy with them.

One of the best things about these shoes is they always look nice. If they get a little dusty, just wipe them off. If they get splattered with something, a paper towel and a light misting of glass cleaner and they are like new again. With the position I hold, I need to look professional and these, now comfortable shoes, allow me to do that.

The only other complaint is the shoe laces don't stay tied well. IF I could find a pair of laces an inch longer, I could tie them with a double knot and have no worries...until I had to bend over and untie them.

I would recommend these shoes to anyone who wears a uniform and needs to look sharp. Military, Police, whoever. If I have a formal event, I might towel them off and wear them with a tux.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rocy Shoe, June 18, 2013
This was one of the worst purchases I have ever made, they look like a pair rough brograns, I would not recomend these shoes to anyone to use for anything. I returned them as soon as I open the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, Comfortable Shoe, February 26, 2011
jkid (Midwest City, OK United States) - See all my reviews
- Great shoe, however, the sole is thicker than expected! For those who buy this shoe for military use it is pushing the limit on sole dimensions. The sole is almost 3/4" and the heel is just over 1" in thickness. Very comfortable, and good quality though! This shoe will not crack and split open like the "Bates" synthetic chloroframs do. Rocky comes through again with a great patent leather shoe!

3.0 out of 5 stars did not fit like a 11.5 W, March 6, 2014
apostle (new york City) - See all my reviews
I order size 11.5 w and it was tight across the with... this is my third pair and the worst pair. It fit like a 11.5 not a 11.5 w. I believe a mistake was made when this size was label.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit - Well Admired (2), December 8, 2013
However "I" thought the shoes would be heavier. Leather soles and heels. Rubber is quiet; but can not take a beating when worn everyday. "Hard "leather-ed soles, and heels" are preferred. Please remember that for me. Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! Terrible!, November 7, 2013
When I started breaking them in, the finish in the crease showed an unprofessional obvious difference in the finish. Not happy. Didn't even have them 6 months and there's a crack in them. Must be knock offs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, July 4, 2013
This is the first time I have ever ordered shoes on line. I had been concerned about fit. These shoes arrived as promised, look great and fit well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad choice, November 28, 2012
It seemed strong so I thought it will be a good idea to try these shoes, but It lasted only 4 (four) months due rips on both shoes. I got a BATES that lasted almost 2 years, so I bought another Bates that I have been using the last 10 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, June 9, 2012
Sherry (GAINESVILLE, FL, US) - See all my reviews
Buyers beware. It may have been a once in a lifetime thing but, when I ordered these shoes, they were not the right size. They were marked as a 7 but were not. These shoes look really good and I have worn the Rocky brand for a while but they are super heavy! I also ordered the magnum shoes that look just like these and they are a light as your socks.