5.0 out of 5 stars Best lightweight POG REMF Fobbit boot out there!
Published 15 months ago by M. Goring

1.0 out of 5 stars fell apart
Published 8 months ago by Osman Morales

5.0 out of 5 stars Best lightweight POG REMF Fobbit boot out there!, June 8, 2013
This review is from: Rocky Men's C4T Tactical Boot (Apparel)
These are close to the ultimate lightweight Army boots. For the POG REMF Fobbit in ACUs, they're tough to beat. The Rockys weight about the same as a pair of New Balance Army running shoes, and might even be more comfortable. Why these boots are named after the standard military explosive compound C4 is a mystery, but they won't blow up your feet like a set of heavy leather Danners or Bellevilles will. These boots have a nice wide, soft rubber sole that is perfect for patrolling the linoleum hallways of any 2-Star command... the soles are very quiet, so nobody will hear you when you're sneaking out of the building and heading home at 1400 to catch the game... also good for coming up quietly behind the 1SG and getting him to spill his coffee. I bought the Wide size, and after serving in 5 Infantry Battalions, there's enough room for the orthotics to keep my broken feet relatively happy throughout the duty day. The wide, flat, soft sole is great for the open hallways and drill hall floors of the Armorys of America, but you wouldn't want to use them off-road... besides getting your boots dirty (and straying from air conditioning) the soles don't offer much traction for outdoor activities. The uppers are lightweight nylon with a couple of reinforcing straps, but don't expect much ankle support... these boots are made for cubicles, not strenuous activities. Then again, if you sprain your ankle while wearing them, you're on the way to a P3 Profile and easy street. The top collar is very soft, padded and ventilated leather, it doesn't get any more comfortable than this. The laces are long enough to wrap around the outside of the boot and really piss off the Sergeant Major, who can't stand that AR670-1 and ALARACT 21 MAR 2004 doesn't specifically prohibit the practice. For those of you cursed with a long big toe, the toe box on these boots is nice and roomy, plenty of room to keep your digits happy. If you're tired of deploying and want to change your profile from S2 to S3 in order to stay home, these boots are great for hopping around in the parking lot by the DV area, pretending to stomp invisible ants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for light to medium duty tasks, February 25, 2014
This review is from: Rocky Men's C4T Tactical Boot (Apparel)
I'm on my fourth pair of these, so I figure I should provide some feedback. I'm very pleased with this boot for light to medium duty tasks to include heavy rucking. They've held up much better than I expected, typically getting around 1.5 yrs/pair of daily use (I consider them worn out when the tread is almost gone. You could wear them much longer for light duty use). Never had an issue with them falling apart other than an eyelet pulling out after alot of use. The sole of the boot is made out of a softer rubber than most boots, which really helps cushion the feet. The insole isn't bad, either. I have never broken a lace and they stay put, so not much more to ask there.

Where they have problems:
- Snow/ice. Not much traction here.
- Slick/smooth rock. Again, not much traffic.
- Extremely rugged/unimproved trails consisting of large diameter pebbles (you can feel it through the boot just enough to be uncomfortable if you step wrong)
- Areas with cactus/large thorns. If the spines are long enough, they will get through the boot, even the bottom.
- Fastroping or rope work in general. You will melt the instep from friction.

In short, they excel as a garrison or light patrol boot. I wore these for a year in Afghanistan (mainly FOB/convoy duty) and was very pleased. These are hands-down my favorite boot for rucking and I've put alot of miles in them. I've done several trips in the Grand Canyon, Bataan Death March Memorial, etc. with 25+ miles a day and, coupled with smartwool socks, I have never gotten a blister. If I could improve two items about the boot, however:
1) Just above the heel area where the leather material meets the cloth is prone to rubbing if you are going downhill quite a bit. Never gave me a blister, but it ate through several pairs of socks over the boot's life and made the area tender on my foot during long downhill movements. If this area was flaired away from the heel ever so slightly, it would probably fix this.
2) Give a more aggressive tread. This might mitigate some of the issues on slick or wet surfaces.

I'm giving five stars as Rocky doesn't pretend that these are the end-all-be-all boots, but more a garrison boot. They excel at this task.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are GARRISON boots, May 7, 2014
I read a lot of negative reviews about these boots not having support, that the sole was too thin, that they didn't hold up. These are not bots that you wear on a mission or a ruck march. If you're in a garrison environment then these are great. Very light, very comfortable to wear, like wearing tennis shoes. The sole is very thin, and I would never wear these for a ruck march. Get some boots with a very thick and hard sole for that. If you use the boot the way it is designed then you will love them. Don't get a thin, light boot and expect it to hold up to daily patrols, high heats, rough terrain, long rucks. If you're unsure about the fit try them on in person. The regular width wasn't necessarily tight, but just not what I personally thought was comfortable so I ordered up to wide width and am very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight boot!, March 2, 2013
The boots themselves were great. If you look at buying some get them a little larger than you usually wear. I had to sell these to a friend because they fit a half size to a full size too small and already wore them so I couldn't return them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect boot for the aspiring pog!, April 17, 2014
If you just got that cushy office job that you have wanted for years, than this is the boot for you! Not rugged enough for use in the field for any considerable amount of time unless you want to buy a new pair every 6 months. Really comfy and even good for running if you have one of those crazy sergeants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight, March 21, 2014
I purchased these boots after my step-son, who is in the military, recommended them. From reviews I had read, recommending buy a larger size, I purchased a half size larger and they fit perfect. I wear them when I ride my motorcycle. The are very comfortable and on a hot day have perfect venting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Boots......, March 12, 2014
Lynne Butler (Killen, AL, US) - See all my reviews
I already have a pair of these and when I saw that there was a sale on them, I got another pair. These are the lightest most comfortable boot I've ever owned. It's almost like wearing a pair of tennis shoes. They also have a real good traction sole. I have about five different pairs of Rocky boots....lol. As you would probably guess...Rocky boots are my favorite brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars vegan, lightweight, December 3, 2013
vegan, lightweight, good for running on road, urban soles, not for hiking, made in socially responsible Vietnam, rugged, durable, i have EE width feet and these are wider than that, the extra room can be made up with lacing, super comfortable, NOT hot!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars fell apart, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Rocky Men's C4T Tactical Boot (Apparel)
These boots are comfortable. They fell apart after 3 months. The soles started coming off. I contacted the manufacture about warranty on them and they referred me to the seller. I contacted Amazon and they sent me a label to send them back for a refund. I am going through the training cycle . Didnt want to break in new ones during my training cycle. I glued them with gorilla glue and they are holding up. Lets see how they are in another four months of our training. Ordered some New Balance OTB. See how they do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots I have ever worn, August 3, 2011
These lace up perfectly and they are as comfortable as house slippers. I took these ruck marching and came back without any blisters or even sore feet. I have heard nothing but great things from all of my coworkers that purchased these.

Rate and Discover Movies