Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on June 10, 2014
Hi, I"m Japnese and I'm afraid to my poor english, and I'm sorry if you can't understand well my opinion.
I belong to Japan Air force, and I need duty boots to training CQB or Combat training other than supplies.(I think Japanese supplies are bad. Boss of my air force think Unnecessary CQB or Combat training('・ω・`)
I compared the ROCKY and DANNER.but DANNER is too expensive.so I bought this boot.

positive
・good sole
very soft , comfort , easy

negative
・heel cup
just fit toe, wides but little bit loose heel cup.

attention
Japnese has wide foot. so I orderd wide size and I got just.
if you have narrow foot(maybe ordinary American? I don't know), you should choose narrow size.

Other
very fast Delivery! e-mail said that it will arrive 6/27〜7/10.but it arrived 6/11!

if Japanese buying this boot, I'd appreciate it if become a reference.
thanks.
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2014
These boots are about a half size smaller than what they are labeled at. I normally wear a 8.0W to 8.5W i took reviewer's advice and bought a 9EE (9W) and it fit perfect. i will say that the boots do not look the same as the picture will a nice formed toe, but instead look flat and unsightly. not good for a professional appearance. the soles are wedgy and seem awkward. in fact they look an awful lot like those shoes made for people with feet or leg problems. just think reebok easy-striders with the velcro (im being dead serious and not trying to be mean or funny). they are well made and have nice padding and laces. its all in the eye of the beholder i suppose.

***update***
i decided to keep them and wear them on watch. it was a thirteen hour armed sentry watch which mainly consists of standing in one place at a watch shack while checking ID's for the majority of the time. these boots wear such a relief on my feet! that wedginess comes in handy when you are needing stability and comfort. my knees usually hurt after the eighth or ninth hour of standing, but not with these boots. they are super light and comfortable. even if they look a bit odd, they wear right. again, very very well made.
on December 4, 2014
First off, Shipping was prompt, which is always a plus. After reading other reviews, I ordered a full size up for my husband and they fit perfectly. Very, very, lightweight yet sturdy. They look exactly like the picture provided, so if you like (or don't like) the style, there is no surprise. Personally, I think they are attractive peeking out under my husband's khakis. He is on his feet, covering a lot of ground in a concrete-floored warehouse, and these have been the most durable and comfortable boots he has found. His feet no longer ache after a fifteen hour workday. These boots breathe like athletic shoes.
There was no breaking-in period, however, he did change the laces after a day or two because he felt a tightness in the bridge of his foot. Boot comes with a round lace and after changing to a flat lace, and lacing loosely, the pressure on the bridge diminished. After a few weeks, he re-laced with the original and there was no more tightness with that lace either.
It has been several months now, and he still says these boots are a "foot saver". In fact, his whole body feels less fatigued. Will order again when this pair wears out, for sure.
on August 22, 2014
This is the second time I have purchased these boots, the first pair being used for my military drill weekends. These boots are awesome for long days of either standing or walking around. I wear mine for approximately 13 hours per shift, 3 times per week and I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. The only downside I feel I should comment on pertains to the top of the toe-piece on the inside of the shoe. There is a seam (in both my military pair and in these) that is a bit uncomfortable when you first put the boot on but after moving my foot around for a minute, the discomfort goes away and all I feel is heavenly clouds on my feet. Go ahead and get em, you won't be disappointed.
on March 16, 2015
These boots are actually pretty tight on my feet. I've been wearing them for the past four nights and my feet have the most blisters I've ever had from a new boot
on October 7, 2014
There I was. it was 8am and we had been walking since 11pm. 20 miles in and I am wearey, tired, nearly broken as my gear makes every step a challenge. Then I looked back at the company supply guy in a pair of Bates, and he had blood coming through the eyelets in them. I finished, he did not. Thanks to these boots.

This was my third pair. My previous 2 were in the Army, the tan ones with the 550 laces. I put hundreds of miles on them before I switched to Garmonts but They sucked compared to these bad boys. So when I got out I needed a light weight breathable, polishable boot for my new job, and I found my old home once again.

These boots are exactly like the tan army ones, the same 550 laces, eyes, durability, and weight. Ready to rock, out of the box. Here are my suggestions for a more proper fit;

Dont lace them all the way to the top, skip that last speed lace and wrap the laces around the boot, tie with a square not and insert the excess into the boot. Tight locking knot, and really quick to get off after a hard day, or a fall in the drink.

When lacing them, there are the standard eyes in the bottom portion of the boot, then they change to speed laces going up the ankle. Right at the break DO NOT continue lacing as you would, instead of crossing the laces over to the other side just got directly up on the same side so there is a gap in the lacing at that bend. then continue up the speed laces as normal, if that makes sense. This will leave you extra cord to tie with, and extra flex in the ankle for a more sport-like feel.
on November 13, 2015
I work at a correctional facility and needed a comfortable pair of boots that could be worn for 8-16 hours. It was a toss up between the Rocky C4T Boots and the Nike Special Field Boots. The C4T boot has a large bottom sole surface area with a superior slip-resistant soles. When comparing the Nike SFB sole I noticed that the sole was made for more of an outdoor type terrain. Not necessary for the multi-level concrete floor facility I work in. The fit of the boots and width was spot on. As usual with Rocky products, little to no break-in period required even with my previous pair of Rocky 10" Paratrooper boots which I took out of the box and wore straight to work the same day. The C4T insole is extremely supportive and comfortable. It feels like a squishy shock absorber with every step.

Pros:
-Comfortable
-Feels and performs like an athletic shoe
-Price
-Keeps feet drier with vents on both sides of the boot (For those who douse their non-breathing boots in talc powder, little to no powder required)
-Quieter footsteps (For those who work nights at correctional facilities)
-Arch support (See Cons section)
-1 day break-in period (See Cons section)

Cons:
-As stated above 1 day break-in period. Specifically the heel cups which rubs against the mid to lower portion of your Achilles Tendon
-As stated above Arch support. Will be your best friend until you are forced to stand in place for outdoor recreation for 7+ hours. Then you will feel that arch support overdoing its job and begin to uncomfortably push up on your arch.
-Water resistant, not water proof. According to the specs on ROCKYBOOTS.com. Due to having vents on both side of the boots, the boots will take on water if you step in a puddle or if inmates decide to flood their housing units (Hopefully you won't experience the latter)

This review is based on my experiences with the Rocky C4T boots at a correctional facility. I realize that not everyone will be using these boots for the same type of work and everyone has different podiatry anatomy. For reference I am 6'3" 240lbs, I use a boot of medium width and I have high arches.
on January 9, 2016
boots seemed to be sturdy, and im sure with the right fit, they might be decent wearing boots. the size I ordered (10.5 EE) was sent, and I acknowledge that I did not order a size up, as a few of the comments mentioned. that said, the length was quite short; even if I'd ordered a half size up, there would have barely been any room in the toe box, which ran much narrower in the front than I am used to seeing on duty boots. the width wasn't any better, and I honestly can tell you that im just beginning to get some feeling back in my big and pinky toes after changing my boots 3 hours ago. I tried to stick it out, as I know any quality boot takes some time to break in properly, but I can now honestly sympathize with any woman who complains about her footwear.

I would honestly recommend you consider a full size larger than your normal shoe, and remember that these are TIGHT in both the front of the toe box and the heel, though the sides below the laces are ok. also worth noting is the severe drop on the back of the upper, so if you're like me and tend to wrap your laces around the top, be prepared for some discomfort.

I returned these and went with two other pairs of not-fitting-according-to-foot-size-chart boots, by danner and belleville.
on January 6, 2015
pros
-light weight
-soft
-breathable

cons
-feel cheap
-back of boot rubs against heel/ankle creating blisters, need to wear loose
-look weird, like grandpa shoes

UPDATE 1/16/2015

Okay so I've had these boots for about 3 weeks and have worked a lot of 16 hour days since. The boots feel better after breaking them in a but the problem about the blisters has gone but its not from breaking them in its from leaving them a bit loosely tied. I gave it one more star because I am very comfortable in them and my knee pains have gone. I might try another solution after these wear out.

UPDATE 04/29/2015

This is my last update. I Gave up wearing the boots. I went back to my used up Bates for contort, performance and safety. I marked this product down two stars because The foam/rubber is breaking off everywhere, Rocks can penetrate the soles. I work on concrete but there are occasional rocks sometimes that I step on to. Also the grip on these boots is horrible, can't really grip on take off in a foot chase. This product is made to be light but I think quality is not present. Last time I purchase this boot and possibly last time I try this brand.
on April 13, 2015
I work in a correctional institute In the desert. This boot is light,and airy. Best summer boot ever. Will buy again.

See 1 answered question