Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on April 13, 2014
I bought this and two other bottles of vanilla at the same time: a McCormick 16-oz bottle and a Simply Organic 4-oz bottle. I'll give my thoughts on how they compare. All three are okay, but one stood out above the others and it was not this one.

Rodelle Organics Pure Vanilla Extract-Bourbon, 4 Ounce
This is the one I'm reviewing here, and I honestly don't have much to say about it. It tastes like vanilla and it's pretty good, but nothing worth writing home about or picking up specifically. Its flavor is about the same as the McCormick non-organic bottle.

Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Glass Bottle
This is the other organic vanilla bottle I tried, and it is phenomenal. I would go out of my way to buy it again, because of how rich and creamy it tastes. I go through a good bit of vanilla, and I really appreciate the smooth flavor here. Absolutely delicious.

McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract-16 OZ
McCormick is the brand you can buy at any grocery store, and it tastes the same here just in a bigger bottle (the bottle is plastic, FYI: both of the above organic ones come in glass.) If you just need a large amount of vanilla of reliable quality for a low price, this is a good deal. If you're making something fancy and special though, by all means spring for the Simply Organic bottle: the superior flavor is worth it.

So that's about the size of it. There's nothing wrong with this Rodelle vanilla by any means, it just doesn't have any particular strengths. It tastes the same as regular non-organic vanilla but costs more. There are other organic vanillas with better flavor.
on July 29, 2014
Fantastic stuff and not loaded with added sugar like others I've used. I didn't realize the others had additions until I read an article about it and checked the label. This has wonderful flavor. Here's a non-cooking hint. Put a dab behind your ears, at your throat wrists and ankles and you won't even know there are things like mosquitoes. Nice and natural and smelling like fresh bakery isn't bad either. At least for a guy it isn't..
on October 1, 2015
This is the type of vanilla that makes you scorn the overpriced stuff at the store. Not only is the price considerably better, but the vanilla is also of a fine taste. We use it all the time for baking and even for adding an extra kick to shakes and other drinks.

Definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a fair priced, quality vanilla.
on December 7, 2014
Yummo! I could even sit around and sniff this all day long, ha! The flavor has a subtly that is lacking in the regular stuff you get at the grocery store. Not a strong alcohol smell, but the word that comes to mind is "bouquet". Very very nice, and the flavor shines at it's best in things that are not overpowered with other strong ingredients. My fav: a simple dessert made with cream cheese, sweetener of choice and this lovely vanilla, all whipped together and chilled for a couple hours (or overnight for even riper taste).
on August 8, 2015
Love it! I have no complaints. Its a great vanilla flavoring for baking or just making raw desserts. It always comes well packaged and sealed. I will keep on subscribe and save until amazon changes something.
on April 3, 2014
Ionly eat organic now and find that flavor is more important than before. (I guess the lack of pesticides, chemicals and artificial ingredients has improved my ability to taste what I am eating.) I love how this extract enhances whatever I add it to. I am looking forward to the amazing homemade vanilla ice cream this summer.
on March 5, 2016
I love this product. I bake a lot and the vanilla is punched up with this vanilla. I also use it with honey in my kids plain yogurt to make them a treat once in a while. The alcohol flavor is not forward, just rich vanilla.
on May 14, 2014
I bought this for use in baking and so far it seems pretty good.

It smells lovely out of the bottle, and a little seems to go a long way (so far I've used it for flan, crème brulee, and meringue desserts).

Overall, I am happy with the purchase.
on July 16, 2014
This organic vanilla is affordable compared to other organic options, I buy 3 per month on Subscribe and Save because my husband and I both like it in our coffee. Substantial savings buying this way over picking it up at my local store. Taste is fine, packaging is good. One order had one bottle with a loose lid, but overall I've been very happy with the product and delivery.
on December 4, 2014
Wonderful flavor, the only vanilla I use. The price here on Amazon is much better than I have found elsewhere. Buy this vanilla and find out what vanilla should really taste like! You will not be disappointed!