on September 7, 2013
Verified Purchase
Definitely the RC was a very effective cardio for me. It was fun, and what I really liked was that a mere 10 minutes was equivalent to an hour walk. Also, it does not take up much room.

What I didn't like was that even though tests show I have good bone density, and I wore footwear with a cushioning although flexible sole, I fractured a bone from repetitively pressing on the footrest. It was explained by my doctor that the footrest should accommodate the entire foot resting on it, as a stepper foot, and allow a heel-toe motion as in walking. The Rodeo Core only has a bar. BEWARE! Just be sure your shoes give adequate protection. I am very sad that I can no longer use this product and had to return it.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 8, 2013
Verified Purchase
I have had a lower back problem for years and need to strengthen my abdominals to support my back. You can feel it after the first use. And it doesn't bother my back as I had feared. It's a keeper.
on April 29, 2013
This exercise equipment is the best thing that I have EVER come across!!!!! I just received it, and I worked out for one hour on it, yesterday, because I fell in love with it. This is, definitely, for someone who does not like to work out. It is easy to use, and can be moved from room to room with no problem. I will be using this machine with arm weights, and I will not need to use any other workout machines. I can not tell you how wonderful this exercise equipment is!!!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 22, 2013
Verified Purchase
This fitness trainer does exactly what it says it will do. I am on a weight loss plan and I see dramatic results using this trainer for exercise. My mid section is firmer and disappearing!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 30, 2013
Verified Purchase
This is excellent for those like me who need to strengthen the core muscles. A quick exercise that can be done while watching tv.
on August 18, 2014
Okay, I've read all the reviews, all the comments & I waited about six months before I hit the send button this purchase. Here are my observations after one week:
Very simple set-up
Lightweight & easy to move; I have mine stored in between a couple of file cabinets on a piece of old carpet that I can slide out when I want to position it.
Noise level: weird. My son says he can hear it in the kitchen downstairs coming from the ceiling. My hubby can hear it from his office in the next room. The vendor says that if the sound it makes is not one that implies 'rubbing' or 'scraping' or some other malfunction, and it works, then he would assume it is just the operation that produces the sound. Best I could describe it would be like a hand mixer on very slow speed: rrrrrr-rrrrr-rrrrr-rrrrr- Luckily, I use headphones to watch stuff on my PC or it would be too noisy for me. My hearing aids pick up the higher frequencies which just makes it worse, hence the headphones.
Operation: easy-peasy. Took about a minute to figure out. I alternate between forwards and backwards, include arm stretches, adjust the area where it's pressing on the seat by just shifting a bit. Most I've done so far is 30 minutes at a time. Go slow to warm up a bit before really getting going; makes a good cool-off process, too.
As far as the handle: I don't really use it that much. As I said, I alternate in order not to get bored or tight, which means I'm not in any one position for long enough for it to matter. Hold on to the back of the seat for a bit, do some bicep curls, & so forth. It's almost like letting yourself do dance moves with your arms, if you get bored in the same position.
Foot bars: I do barefoot running, so the bars are not a problem for me at all, in fact I like a little pressure on the soles of my feet, but as someone said, it's not necessary to put a lot of pressure, it's more about body movement to get it going. If you wear something like vibrams, that's perfect, I think. Or sandals would work, too.
So far, I've felt the most change in my legs; going up and down stairs seems a bit easier.
(Full disclosure: I am 65 years old & in good health.)
UPDATE:
Another benefit I'm seeing: increased pelvic muscle strength--older women may appreciate this!
10/11/14 UPDATE:
I'm going to send this one back; it's just making too much noise & after Hammacher actually advertised it in their emails using a review that pronounced it '100% silent!!!!!', I'm guessing one of two things: either that guy is just lying (unlikely) or mine is defective: still functioning, but apt either to suddenly fail, or wear out fast.
Will update again.
11/5/2014 FINAL UPDATE (I hope)
Sent the old one back & just got the replacement. Verdict: still noisy. Hubby sez it sounds the same as the previous one; I think it may be pitched a little higher perhaps--in any case, it clearly is not, and never was designed to be '100% Silent'--that's just not possible, given its function. Soooo, guess I'll live with it. Caveat emptor.
on September 28, 2013
Verified Purchase
The directions were alittle confusing at first. After I played on it, I am now looking for my cowboy hat. My inner thighs are sore from just 10 min on it. It's easy, small enough to be placed anywhere ( which is one reason why I purchesed it). My last work out I really got the rhythm and started to feel it in my abds. YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA! I recomend it.
on July 23, 2014
Verified Purchase
Based on the positive reviews, I thought this machine would really blast my midsection. However, I've found that it doesn't do much for my abs at all. As another reviewer mentioned, it does provide an excellent workout for your thighs. You can begin to feel the burn in your upper thighs after only a couple of minutes of use, but as for the abs, not much at all. The machine attempts to simulate the movement of a mechanical bull. It doesn't buck violently like a mechanical bull; in fact it's a very smooth ride, but you do get the "up & down" sensation of a bucking bronco.

You can "pedal" either forward or backward and depending upon which way you go, I've found the workout changes a bit. If you pedal backward, this is the motion that provides a great upper thigh workout. While going forward, the thigh workout is much less intense, but you do feel it a little more in your abs - but only slightly.
A few pros & cons:

Pros:
(1) Very well made. The machine itself seems very solid and I don't expect it to fall apart anytime soon.
(2) Very easy to assemble. In fact there is not much to assemble at all. There are only a couple of bolts which attach the stabilizer bar at the base of the machine. Once that's screwed in, you're pretty much ready to go.
(3) It's fun. Despite the lack of an intense core workout, the machine is still fun to use.
(4) Very compact and does not take up much space at all. Plus, it's very easy to move from room to room if needed.

Cons:
(1) Not the core/abdominal workout I was expecting (or was advertised). I rode the trainer at a fairly good pace for 20 minutes and, while my legs were killing me, I felt very little in my abs.
(2) The seat is kind of hard. Not a problem at first, but if you're planning on working out for any length of time it does begin to hurt, especially with the type of motion the machine is simulating.

One final note: another reviewer recommended wearing thick soled shoes while using the trainer. That is absolutely right. It would've been nice if the machine was designed to distribute the pedaling motion across your entire foot, but as currently designed you're stepping on a straight metal bar. Not a problem if wearing the proper shoes, but I wouldn't recommend using it otherwise.
on May 2, 2014
Verified Purchase
Well made, easy to assemble. Does not work out abdominal and low back cores as described! Good for thigh cores!
on November 29, 2013
Verified Purchase
Great exercise for the legs and core muscles. Small and convenient to place. Best of all - it makes no noise!! Love it.