5.0 out of 5 stars good quality
It's excelent but this item alone is useless. You need to buy a Rogue Large Flash Bender to use it.
Published 22 months ago by Jpmira

2.0 out of 5 stars The fooled me
This is just a piece of material with velcro, it isn't the complete kit, I need to buy something else to put it on. They really aren't clear about it. I guess thats what happens when you buy online. The pictures show different so I feel like they tricked me. They should put more effort into marketing the whole product with better pictures so it is clear to the buyer what...
Published 6 months ago by Marc

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Rogue Photographic Design ROGUEDFPLG Large Diffusion Panel (Black/White) (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars be aware, this is only a diffusion panel add-on, and not the flash bender., June 30, 2013
be aware, this is only a diffusion panel add-on, and not the flash bender. You'll need to purchase the flash bender separately. That being said, I'm very happy with the diffusion panel add-on. Works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars great addition to the rouge flashbender!, December 19, 2012
ok first things first, know what you're buying. you can buy JUST the diffuser panel, or the diffuer panel AND the flashbender as a kit. you need the flashbender to use the diffuser panel, so if you dont have the flashbender already, get the combo kit. if you already have the flashbender, just buy teh diffuser panel.

ok now on to the review. one word...amazing! i was simply amazed at the quality of light this setup is capable of! i have a newborn and did some test shots with the large flashbender/diffuser panel off camera, and was shocked at the quality of the light. i hand held the flash with the flashbender/diffuser panel combo just out of frame near my son's head, and the light was so silky smooth and soft. normally when i shoot my son i'll grab my 28" softbox for great quality light, but honestly i'll just use this now as it's so much easier to use, and the light quality is comparable. i'll post some of my photos with the flashbender/diffuser panel combo for all to see. if you want good quality light in an easy to use package, this is the way to go, especially for event photographers that have to keep the flash on camera. i cannot recommend this product enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Addition, December 26, 2012
This thing doesn't look like much, but it definitely improves the quality of light coming from my speedlight. This is great for situations where a full on set up in impractical. I do rescue photography and this item it lightweight and small making easy to move around and not as intimidating to the dogs as a softbox or umbrella setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Macro lighting gadget, June 21, 2012
J. T. Pater (Oxford, OH USA) - See all my reviews
The Rogue FlashBender Diffusion Panel is a great little gadget. It folds up to be very small and is practically weightless.
When used with a speedlight it creates a great source of diffused light for macro photography. I've also used it to create portraits and it creates nice soft light. For the price, you really can't go wrong with this little tool.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for portrait shooting., December 15, 2012
It's good products for mobile studio shooting.
You can bring anywhere to shoot and make soft lighting.
I bought Large but I will buy if Middle size is coming.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for the Flashbender, July 25, 2014
I actually ordered this by mistake, thinking I was ordering the Flashbender reflector. Once I had it, though, I could tell by the size it could be a useful softbox attachment for a camera flash, so I kept it and ordered the actual Flashbender. Frankly, this adds so much function and value to the Flashbender, it should be sold together. I took a shot in a mirror to see how even the light was and to see if there was the usual hot spot that we see in the fold-up style softboxes. Nope. Not only not a hot spot, but the double layer center is actually a bit darker than the perimeter. This works well, and unlike another large folding softbox I've had for a long time, since the flash points up, the large diffuser is not in front of the focus assist light or the infrared receiver on the front of the flash. All in all, with the Flashbender, this may be the best portable softbox/diffuser I've seen...and I've seen, used, and owned way too many of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars priceless piece of gear, February 21, 2014
I love this thing. I hadn't used it until I was forced to do an outdoor session when it was far too windy to use my usual ~30" octabox with three speedlights inside. I resorted to using this on a lightstand and was quite surprised with the quality of light I got from it. I had to keep it as close as possible (always just outside the frame) to get enough light (daytime, partial shade) but it got the job done. I've found it eats over two stops of light, but sometimes your options are limited and this fits the bill. I also just used it on-camera for a wedding ceremony last week in a residential living room (the ceremony started waaaaaay early and I essentially had only enough time to pull something out and start shooting) and I was again very pleased with the results. Nice, soft light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, October 23, 2013
Quality and build is great. What holds it back from a 5 star rating is the cost is a bit high for what it is, and secondly the way it attaches to the flash bender is a bit clunky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Addition, February 26, 2013
Bill Booz "Bill Booz" (Lynchburg, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the Rogue FlashBender a few years ago and it has helped me tremendously in my event shooting. When I saw folks using this diffuser panel in videos, I knew I had to have it. Perfect addition to the FlashBender and can even be used as a small, portable "soft box!"