Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 4, 2013
It's excelent but this item alone is useless. You need to buy a Rogue Large Flash Bender to use it.
on June 30, 2013
be aware, this is only a diffusion panel add-on, and not the flash bender. You'll need to purchase the flash bender separately. That being said, I'm very happy with the diffusion panel add-on. Works great.
on December 19, 2012
ok first things first, know what you're buying. you can buy JUST the diffuser panel, or the diffuer panel AND the flashbender as a kit. you need the flashbender to use the diffuser panel, so if you dont have the flashbender already, get the combo kit. if you already have the flashbender, just buy teh diffuser panel.

ok now on to the review. one word...amazing! i was simply amazed at the quality of light this setup is capable of! i have a newborn and did some test shots with the large flashbender/diffuser panel off camera, and was shocked at the quality of the light. i hand held the flash with the flashbender/diffuser panel combo just out of frame near my son's head, and the light was so silky smooth and soft. normally when i shoot my son i'll grab my 28" softbox for great quality light, but honestly i'll just use this now as it's so much easier to use, and the light quality is comparable. i'll post some of my photos with the flashbender/diffuser panel combo for all to see. if you want good quality light in an easy to use package, this is the way to go, especially for event photographers that have to keep the flash on camera. i cannot recommend this product enough!
review image
on July 25, 2014
I actually ordered this by mistake, thinking I was ordering the Flashbender reflector. Once I had it, though, I could tell by the size it could be a useful softbox attachment for a camera flash, so I kept it and ordered the actual Flashbender. Frankly, this adds so much function and value to the Flashbender, it should be sold together. I took a shot in a mirror to see how even the light was and to see if there was the usual hot spot that we see in the fold-up style softboxes. Nope. Not only not a hot spot, but the double layer center is actually a bit darker than the perimeter. This works well, and unlike another large folding softbox I've had for a long time, since the flash points up, the large diffuser is not in front of the focus assist light or the infrared receiver on the front of the flash. All in all, with the Flashbender, this may be the best portable softbox/diffuser I've seen...and I've seen, used, and owned way too many of them!
on June 21, 2012
The Rogue FlashBender Diffusion Panel is a great little gadget. It folds up to be very small and is practically weightless.
When used with a speedlight it creates a great source of diffused light for macro photography. I've also used it to create portraits and it creates nice soft light. For the price, you really can't go wrong with this little tool.
on April 27, 2016
I purchased a large Rouge Flashbender when they were relatively new to the market. Not knowing how much I would use it I opted for the Flashbener alone not getting the diffusion panel. Simple bounce cards often offer an easier solution to lighting issues compared to many of the contraptions on the market. The Flashbender of course takes bounce cards a step further with its’ ability to be shaped. When a used diffusion panel became available for half price of new on Amazon I decided to snap it up. The panel and instructions appear to never have been used. The box shows some sign of distress however. The panel fits my first generation Flashbender perfectly and is easy to attach. The Flashbender w/diffusion panel provides very nice, soft light when used up close indoors our out. The fall off is much quicker with the FB combo than a conventional softbox but soooo much easier to transport and set up. If you own a large Flashbender and not the diffusion panel I suggest you consider getting one.
on January 23, 2015
This is my favorite modifier and i've tried them all. Its big and a bit of a hassel to work with in events but completly worth it. Dont forget to gel your flash and custom white balance to get the best light possible.
on October 7, 2015
I ordered this along with my Flash Bender 2. I would strongly recommend doing the same.

It acts like a mini soft box. It also bends along with the FlashBender 2.

It was very simply to attach to the FB2, by means of a velcro border. It took me less than 60 seconds to put it together.

As attached, it will store together in my camera bag. Since it is made to bend, it fits well in my already over-stuffed camera bag.

Many thanks to the wizards at Rogue for this affordable and portable soft box.
on February 21, 2014
I love this thing. I hadn't used it until I was forced to do an outdoor session when it was far too windy to use my usual ~30" octabox with three speedlights inside. I resorted to using this on a lightstand and was quite surprised with the quality of light I got from it. I had to keep it as close as possible (always just outside the frame) to get enough light (daytime, partial shade) but it got the job done. I've found it eats over two stops of light, but sometimes your options are limited and this fits the bill. I also just used it on-camera for a wedding ceremony last week in a residential living room (the ceremony started waaaaaay early and I essentially had only enough time to pull something out and start shooting) and I was again very pleased with the results. Nice, soft light.
on November 22, 2013
I was looking for something smaller than a shoot through umbrella when taking portraits outside, and the Rogue Large Soft Box (Large Flashbender plus the Large Diffusion Panel this review is about) exceeded my expectations!

Please note: you need to already have a Large Flashbender, this is just the Diffusion Panel. If you have neither, save yourself a bit of money and buy one of the Soft Box Kits.

The quality of light you get from this product is unique. It is a "hard light" but its not at all harsh. It sharpens detail in a way that must be seen to be appreciated, without being harsh. It sounds cliche, but it 'knocked my socks off' when I took a look at the first few test shots I took, and the portraits (headshots and full body) I did with it a few days later were just outstanding, I think it makes a great addition to any photographer's (amateur or professional) toolkit, and depending on your style of photography, you might replace your shoot-through umbrellas entirely. Its well made, its flat so its easy to pack and carry (I just leave mine attached to the Flashbender), and its easy to attach or remove as needed. I have not used it in anything other than the lightest of breezes, but I don't expect Ill have any issues with wind knocking a light stand over, it has less surface area than even a small shoot-though umbrella. I'm more than pleased with it as a light modifier, and its a great option to have at hand to use when taking photos. You wont be disappointed!