4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable
Published on June 15, 2011 by A. Holt

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun characters and ideas, weak dialog
Rojuun is the first book in a trilogy featuring a fun mix of characters questing through a fantasy world. Rojuun would make a great video game, with plenty of creative characters, spells, items, creatures, action, and settings. It's funny at times, although I'm not always sure it's intentional.

Unfortunately the character dialog is overly simplistic and often...
Published on May 9, 2012 by The Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, June 15, 2011
This review is from: Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Rojuun is a well written interesting story. I liked the characters and the world. I feel a bit guilty giving it only four stars, but I save five stars for my absolute favorite books. This book was enjoyable, and I wasted no time purchasing the second book. Book one ended well. Although the ending hints at things to come, the story is complete. It is like a good meal: I was satisfied, but still want more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Enjoyable Fantasy Quest, September 15, 2011
This review is from: Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I greatly enjoy fantasy quest books. I really love witty, snarky dialogue. Mix these elements together with interesting characters and an energy compelling you to read the next word, line, page - and you have this book. It will have you laughing out loud in many, many places. I had a super hard time putting it down when it was already way past my bedtime or when lunch break was over. ~sigh~

My favorite character is Vevin. ~insert happy-to-meet-Vevin dance here~
Maybe it's the innocence despite his age. Maybe it's that he always tries to be happy as a default mood and enjoys exploring. Maybe it's because he just wants so much for the others to like him and not be afraid of him. Whatever the case, Vevin has become my favorite character from this series - and I know that Tathan, Liselle, and Sir Danth wouldn't mind too much. ~grin~

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!, January 21, 2012
This review is from: Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I've loved fantasy and science fiction almost since I first learned to read and since I'm in my mid sixties, that's a whole lot of books. I enjoyed traveling along with Tathan, Liselle, Vevin and Sir Danth. If you want to dip your feet in a good read, I recommend this one. Tho' reading on my computer gives my eyes fits and I can only read for an hour or two at a time, I found myself constantly drawn back into the story. I hope to see it in paperback so I can read it in one sitting again and again. I found this new (to me) author thru the free download from "EReader News" and have added Mr Carroll to my list of authors to keep track of. I hope to continue to see more books from him.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars! Great Beginning to a New World!, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
4.5 stars! Ryallon is a vast world full of magic and strange creatures. War torn, but this book doesn't center on this, in fact you see very little of it. Instead this story centers on Tathan and his cousin Liselle. Tathan returns home after being gone for 14 years doing heaven knows what, but he comes home haunted by mysterious things in his past, and carries a dark sword that he won't allow out of his sight. After their family is murdered by marauding warriors, Tathan and his cousin Liselle journey north looking for a safe place. Along the way, they meet up with Sir Danth and Vevin, strange beings in their own right. After they meet up with some druids, they take up a quest to find out more about a strange new race of beings called the Rojuun.

This book is fast paced with lots of action, laugh out loud minutes, and a small romance in the beginnings as you are introduced to characters that you have never heard of. What I love about this story is that it is clean (no swearing or sex), and that the world is not some strange other world that you have to try and learn new words, so it is easy to picture this world in your imagination. The only thing I did not like about it is that it kept too many mysteries about Tathan's past. Why does he jump at shadows all the time? Who is he hiding from, and what is so special about his sword? It also doesn't end with a true ending, but leaves a cliffhanger at the end making you need to buy more of the series in order to get more of the story. But since this world is so well crafted, and the characters so engaging, I am definitely going to be looking for more of this world and series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inventive Fantasy, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading Rojuun. The wit and repartee between the characters makes the story fun to read. The magic and spells are fresh and inventive. The roles of the unique characters are tossed back and forth leaving the reader spellbound, as if hit by their magic. The only down side of the book is the redundancy of the plot. The author does a nice job of describing the action, but then repeats the whole scene by having the characters either telling someone about the action, or reliving the action in their thoughts. On the whole though it was a delightful, magical tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Strange, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually read stuff like this, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. I am going to get a couple of his books for the kids, but first make sure they wouldn't scare them. The characters and settings are imaginative beyond belief. Dragons and nights and magic people and different species. And lots of humor....just kind of a trip out of this world.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed it, June 1, 2013
This review is from: Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
it was had to put down and stop reading. thank goodness the job i was doing at work at the time was filled with slow gaps that i could read it there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, March 29, 2013
Christopher (Wilmerding, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The characters were well thought out and the plot was intriguing. I also enjoyed the witty banter of the characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book was a very good book it was full of action I would recommend it to anyone that loves adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved It!, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I always look for free books as I discover new authors most of the time. I really enjoyed this book. It has all the key components of fantasy with knights and epic struggles. I enjoyed the characters and their interactions. There are so many directions that the next book could take. I thought it was well written and I enjoyed it. I will be getting the other books as well.

Rojuun (Willden Trilogy Book 1)
$0.00