Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes Parts and Labor coverage plus accidental damages caused by drops and spills
- Repair or Replacement Promise on Every Product and Never a Deductible
- 5 Day Repair Guarantee on Depot Service
- Contract Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Excludes Aerial Drones and Radio Controlled Devices
Rokinon FE8M-C 8mm F3.5 Fisheye Fixed Lens for Canon - Black
|Price:||$231.22 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 180 degrees angle of view
- Built-in petal type hood
- 10 Elements in 7 groups
- Aperture range of F/3.5 ~ 22
- Lens not Zoomable
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Aperture Control Design||Includes aperture ring|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||Built-in petal-type hood|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF|
|Item Dimensions||2.95 x 2.95 x 3.03 inches|
|Item Display Weight||3 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.98 pounds|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||One Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Material Type||ROKINON FE8M-C 8mm F3.5 Ultrawide-angle Fisheye Lens for Canon(R) EF Mount DSLR|
|Maximum Focal Length||10.5|
|Maximum Format Size||APS-C / DX|
|Minimum Focal Length||10.5|
|Real Angle Of View||167 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||1.25 pounds|
|Zoom Type||motorized zoom|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Rokinon FE8M-C 8mm F3.5 Fisheye Fixed Lens for Canon - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||47th Street Photo.||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF|
|Dimensions||2.95 inches x 3.03 inches x 2.95 inches||2.95 inches x 3.03 inches x 2.95 inches||2 inches x 3 inches x 1 inches||3.43 inches x 3.78 inches x 3.43 inches|
|Item Weight||0.98 pounds||0.98 pounds||1 pounds||1.22 pounds|
|Maximum Aperture||3.5 f||3.5||3.5 f||2.8|
|Max Focal Length||10.5||8 mm||6.5 mm||14 mm|
|Min Aperture||22||22||Information not provided||22|
|Min Focal Length||10.5||8||6.5 mm||10.5|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
|Specifications ||f=8mm, F 3.5 (Fisheye Lens) |
|Aperture Range: ||F3.5 ~ 22 |
|Optical Construction: ||10 Element in 7 Groups (1 Aspherical Lens)|
|Min. Focusing Distance: ||1.0 ft (0.3m)|
|Filter Size ||NONE |
|Maximum Diameter: || φ75.0mm |
|Mount: ||Nikon ||Pentax ||Sony ||Canon ||4/3 ||Samsung NX |
|Angle of View: ||APS-C ||180° ||180° ||180° ||167° ||- ||180° |
|4/3 ||- ||- ||- ||- ||139.3° ||- |
|Length: ||74.8mm ||75.8mm ||76.8mm ||77.3mm ||80mm ||98.3mm |
|Weight: ||14.7 oz ||14.6 oz ||15.6 oz ||15.1 oz ||15.1 oz ||16.4 oz |
- Ultra-wide 180 degree diagonal field-of-view for APS-C size image formats
- Lens is constructed with hybrid aspherical lenses for outstanding, sharply defined images
- Lens features super multi-layer coating to reduce flares and ghost images
- Lens has a minimum focusing distance of 12 inches for enhanced close-up shots
- Lens includes a built-in petal type hood
See attached sample photos taken with this lens:
Top Customer Reviews
That's where this one comes in - the Rokinon produced a rectangular fisheye image - there is no "circle" as with other types of fisheye lenses, but you still get that great fisheye look (distortions and all).
You might see other similar looking (and priced) Fisheye lenses available out there.. Bower, Pro-Optic, Samyang, Rokinon, Vivitar, Falcon. These are ALL THE SAME LENS - Samyang, the manufacturer, simply re-brands it and changes the colors a bit (For example, look at: Vivitar - Fisheye lens - 7 mm - f/3.5 - Canon EF Pro-Optic 8mm f/3.5 Manual Focus, Fish Eye Lens with Canon EOS Mount ). With that said, be sure to check out the others to find the most affordable. The Rokinon is often 50-75 dollars less than the Vivitar.
The lens is a Canon EF mount (I only mention this because it's not listed in the description, only that it's "For Canon" - I wasn't sure if it was EF or FD mount before ordering). It WILL fit onto any EF Mount (meaning it will work on a 5D) but because it's SO WIDE, the hood will show up in images on a fullframe camera (it will not show up on images on a 1.Read more ›
- The amount of flare (even pointing the lens towards the sun) is minimal, it really surprised me in a very positive way.
- It doesn't darkens the corners or produce vignetting effect AT ALL!
- The quality in the final pictures is superb, the pictures are crisp sharp even in the edges!
- Unlinke the peleng lens, the rokinon does fill the entire frame of the picture with no empty corners.
- It does not have the annoying lock ring of the peleng.
- When you handle the lens it feels great, the build quality is great and the rubber grip in the focus ring is awesome, its heaviness makes it feel like a solid rock and well built pice of glass; and, unlike the peleng, it does look modern!
- The colors look nice and saturated in the final pictures.
I loved this one, and I can truely say that this lens will exceed your expectations, the best bang for the buck!
Note for the buyers: this lens is also sold under other brands such as: opteka, samyang, falcon; but it's the same glass
1. First, it is a great lens for the price; very solid, feels nice, looks good. Definitely worth it if your want to give fisheye a try without breaking the bank.
2. You can not use filters with this lens.
3. This len (for Canon cropped cameras) has a viewing angle of 167 degrees NOT 180. It is however 180 degrees for cropped Nikon, Sony, etc. Not a big deal, the lens definitely has a great fisheye effect.
3. There is definitely some CA (chromatic abberation), but that can easily be fixed in your favorite photo editing software.
4. This is a fully MANUAL lens. You have to manually set the aperature and focus on the lens - NOT through the camera. The lens does not actually communicate with the camera body. If you are confused by this, read you camera's manual or look for a free tutorial online by Googling "Photography for Beginners". There are a ton of free tutorials that will help you learn. That's how I got started.
5. The aperature ring shows six values of 3.5, 5.6, 8, 11, 16, 22. However, when you rotate the aperature ring, it clicks 9 times from 3.5 to 22 - just something to keep in mind. Not a big deal since a lens of this nature is going to have a pretty wide depth of field most of the time anyway.
If you just want a quick "how-to" for this lens, then:
1.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Hard to Focus... even for a pro. Much of the picture isnt really in focusPublished 4 days ago by C. Goodyear
Product is exactly what he said it would be my son loves his fish eye lens!Published 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
what sucks about this is that for only 2 weeks use, the apeture ring stopped working, as much as this is cheap, you will get what you pay for, buy a quality lens please. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Luigi
I love it! It's so much fun to warp my surroundings! Now if only my cat could sit still and I can warp her!Published 2 months ago by Nancy Nguyen
First off, let me say that I've no pro photographer. I've been shooting recreationally for about 3 years now and this is by far the best piece of hardware I have purchased. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Nathan
This lens is a great value. For the price it is listed it is a great deal. It is still surpassed by real Canon and Nikon Fisheye lenses but not by too much considering the price... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Elijah Cary