|Item Weight||7.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.9 x 4.9 x 1.2 inches|
|Item model number||2000C|
From the Manufacturer
Roku is a little box that allows you to instantly stream tons of entertainment on your TV. Watch over 100,000 movies and TV shows from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus and more. Listen to music on Pandora, or listen to your own iTunes playlists. Watch major sports, news, or original Internet programming. It's all available whenever you want it.
Now smaller, more powerful, and more affordable, the all-new Roku HD delivers high-definition entertainment instantly to virtually any TV in your home over your wireless network. No wonder Roku is the best selling streaming player ever.
- It's really easy. Be up and running in 5 minutes. Roku works with any TV.
- No PC needed. Roku connects to your high-speed Internet connection wirelessly (or via Ethernet, if you insist).
- No extra monthly bills. Use your existing subscriptions (like Netflix or Hulu Plus), or enjoy free and on-demand content (like Pandora, Flickr, and Amazon VOD).
- It's always getting better. Roku is constantly expanding its library of streaming entertainment, so there will always be something new to watch.
What can you do with Roku?
Roku simply brings the largest selection of streaming entertainment choices to your TV.
Over 100,000 movies and TV shows to watch instantly—from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus and more.
Premium sports.The top leagues like Major League Baseball and the National Hockey League. The main events from UFC and more.
The best tunes. Personalized music from Pandora or MOG, your own iTunes playlists, or radio from around the world.
Plus, tons of other choices, from major network news and original programming to photo and video sharing. More are added every day, so your Roku will always have the most, and the best, in instant entertainment.
Netflix and Roku: the original instant movie partnership
Over 2 years after the launch of the first Roku Netflix player, Roku still delivers the best combination of streaming movie performance and price. With your Netflix membership, choose from over 20,000 movies and TV episodes to watch whenever you want — including thousands in HD. You can browse, search, and play from your couch, not from your PC. Plus, there are no extra monthly or yearly fees.
How Roku works
Setting up Roku is as easy as 1-2-3
- Plug it in. Roku is compatible with virtually any TV
- Add it to your home network. Whether your home is wireless or wired, the helpful on-screen instructions make it a cinch.
- Enjoy! Choose your entertainment, and control it with the handy remote. (Popcorn sold separately.)
Included with the Roku HD Streaming Player
- Remote control
- Two AAA batteries
- Audio/video outputs: HDMI, Composite A/V (red/white/yellow)
- Connectivity: Wireless (802.11 B/G), Ethernet
- Composite (red/white/yellow) A/V cable
- Power adapter
- Getting Started guide
- One year manufacturer warranty
What you need
To use Roku, you need a high-speed Internet connection with a speed of at least 1.2 Mbps (such as mid-level DSL). For HD video, we recommend 5 Mbps (if you're not sure what your speed is, go to www.speedtest.net and run the simple test). You may also need a wireless or wired router if you cannot connect Roku directly to your cable or DSL modem. Oh yeah, you also need a TV.
Choose Your Roku
|Works with virtually any TV (standard definition or HD)|
|Plays high-definition video (720p)|
|Built-in wireless (Wi-Fi), plus wired (Ethernet) connector|
|HDMI video output for HDTVs|
|Plays 1080p HD video|
|Enhanced remote with Instant Replay|
|Extended-range Wireless-N (b/g/n compatible)|
|Dual-band wireless technology--the latest standard|
|Component video and optical audio outputs|
|USB port for playing stored photos, music, and videos|