Questions & Answers
Roku HD Streaming Player (Old Model)
by Roku
4.3 out of 5 stars (2,425)
$62.00
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 371 questions
votes
Depends on the service. Netflix offers closed captioning and I believe Amazon and Hulu offer it on some of its videos.
Apr 3, 2013 by Amazon Customer
votes
Presently Roku doesn't natively support YouTube (at least that I'm aware). Here's a workaround: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57575819-285/how-to-watch-youtube-videos-on-roku/
Jun 17, 2013 by J. Manning
votes
Yes. You can set up Roku outside USA, but the channels selection is limited unless you set it up with a US account. Also, there is a workaround to watch US content in Roku through unblock-us.com/189.html
Nov 1, 2012 by Alexander Parra
votes
that depends on what channel you are using - i believe hulu only lets you watch one thing at a time, for example.
Jul 22, 2013 by Chelsea
votes
As long as you have wireless internet you will be fine. You do not use cable at all just plug in and register with your wireless password.. Super easy
Oct 15, 2013 by Ann
votes
You will not have to pay a fee to Roku to access Netflix.
Dec 12, 2012 by SYS
votes
Depends on your distance from your Apple router and Roku box. I have found that a distance of more than 30 ft gives lower quality experience with Roku. This is due to Roku having small size and small wi-fi antenna or lower quality wi-fi chip. The fix is to use a Cisco-Linksys WET610N Dual-Band Wireless-N Gaming and Video Adapter to use the ethernet port of roku device instead of its internal wi-fi. If you are not comfortable with bridge, then go with powerline kit like this one Linksys Powerline AV Wireless Network Extender (PLWK400)
Jun 24, 2012 by John McGovern
votes
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-watch-sports-through-roku-11926361.html General Sports on Roku If you generally enjoy sports or you just want to catch up on scores, than a Roku can help satisfy your needs. There are free channels like NBA Game Time Lite that give you up-to-date scores on NBA games. PlaySportsTV channels offer basic instructional videos on all major sports like softball, soccer, and baseball. Specialty sports like extreme sports, sailing and fishing also have dedicated channels. Even Red Bull has a channel featuring highlights from their soccer team as well as their aerial races. Live Sports However, live sports are harder to come by without additional costs. In a previous article I described how I can watch NFL games and other live sports through the Roku player, but you need a subscription to the PlayOn service for that. The games aren't in HD, either, but I don't mind. Fans of UFC, MLB, NBA or MLS, however, can watch live games and matches in HD with an additional subscription. So if you subscribed to these sports with your previous cable service, you can get them just the same on a Roku player. Sports Radio Broadcasts Did you know that you can use your Roku to listen to a live radio broadcast? This is handy if you want to listen to the live game while you work. So far the best channel for that is TuneIn Radio. You can locate local team broadcasts and play the live stream through your Roku player. This works best for college basketball. I recommend looking for CBS or ESPN stations broadcasting close to the game's location. Other Roku Sports Streams The last way to find sports on Roku is through general live streaming aggregate channels. For example, JustinTV and UStream are channels that let users register and transmit what they are watching live on their computer. The biggest selection of live and out-of-market HD sports are yours, on-demand with Roku. Non-stop baseball on MLB.TV. Stats, games, and news on NBA League Pass Broadband. In-your-face football on CBS. Hockey heaven on NHL GameCenter. The best of Cricket including IPL 2013. Still got energy? Stream Brazilian football, HD soccer, wrestling, lacrosse, tennis, golf, softball, hockey and so much more... Roku has announced a deal with Disney and ESPN networks to stream live programming and on-demand content, so long as your cable service is an affiliated provider. Roku owners will be able to download the WatchESPN app to stream ESPN video starting today. Disney programming will come to the set-top box via the Watch Disney Channel, Watch Disney Junior, and Watch Disney XD apps later this month. Users will be able to stream live broadcasts of sports content like Monday Night Football and SportCenter along with popular Disney shows such as Gravity Falls and Phineas and Ferb, in the same manner as users would watch shows on HBO Go. The move puts the Roku at equal footing with streaming rival Apple TV in terms of premium content. While the Roku's channel offering is far from anemic, the Apple TV was first to offer ESPN and Disney programming after signing two similar deals earlier this year.
Nov 23, 2013 by DrJCool
votes
how doe it work Jul 20, 2013
I have a wireless router in my house so all I had to do was plug the Roku in. After I did a message came on the screen with instructions to go to my computer and go to the Roku website and enter a code which registers the Roku. Once it is registered which takes only seconds to do, your special channel options appear. Each of the stations I chose had it's own instructions for activating, some were monthly subscription like Netflix $8.00/month and others were not. What I loved about my Roku is that I do not have to have or pay for cable boxes for every tv in my house. I can stream in movies and tv shows with my Roku. I actually have two now and even with the TVs that are hooked up to the cable, I can stream in movies when I choose to watch them. I hope this helped.
Jul 21, 2013 by Di
votes
Yes it performed credibly, not as bright but ok.
Dec 16, 2014 by Heather Wong
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   38   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers