|Item Weight||5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.5 x 3.5 x 1 inches|
|Origin||Made in USA|
|Item model number||4200R|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Special Features||Integrated Card Reader|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
|Price:||$99.99 + $5.49 shipping|
- Faster and more powerful. With up to 1080p HD video* and extended-range, dual-band wireless performance for increased speed
- Amazing remote with headphone jack. Use the included in-ear headphones to crank up that late-night flick while the kids (or parents) sleep. All units manufactured after October 2014 include a remote control that features four quick-access buttons providing one-touch access to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Rdio, and Hulu. The particular unit you receive may or may not have these new quick-access buttons.
- One-stop search. Find your favorite movies and TV shows all from one place from top TV and Movie services like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu Plus. 2000+ channels and growing. The best selection of streaming out there.
- Free iOS and Android device app. Use it like a remote. Browse and add new channels. Even stream your music and photos from your phone or tablet to your HDTV
- A Roku account is free. However, payment information is required during setup to provide the convenience of making purchases from the Roku Channel Store on your TV. You will only be charged if you choose to make a purchase.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
Roku 3500R Streaming Stick (HDMI) B00INNP5VU
|Shipping||$5.49||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||a2z Blu Ray||MallStop||Amazon.com||MallStop|
|Total USB Ports||0||1||1||0|
|Number of HDMI Ports||1||Information not provided||Information not provided||1|
|Model Year||2013||2015||2015||Information not provided|
|Dimensions||3.5 inches x 3.5 inches||3.5 inches x 3.5 inches||3.5 inches x 3.5 inches||3.1 inches x 1.05 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Roku 3 Streaming Player 1080p HD plus enhanced remote with headphone jack
Faster and more powerful than ever. Enjoy 1,800+ channels of movies, TV shows, sports, and more. Plug headphones into the motion-control remote to play games or watch late-night flicks without disturbing the household. Fully loaded with one-stop search, 1080p, dual-band wireless, Ethernet, USB, plus a free Roku app. The Roku 3—the new streaming standard.
- 1,800+ entertainment channels. Choose from the best selection and widest variety of streaming entertainment, including movies, TV shows, music, sports, news, fitness, cooking, and more.
- Lightning fast and powerful. Experience ultra-smooth performance with a 5x faster processor and extended-range wireless.
- Remote with headphone jack for private listening. Use the included headphones and crank up the volume to enjoy a late-night flick without disturbing the household.
- Motion control for games. Enjoy action-packed games with a motion-control remote. Get the fun started with Angry Birds Space, included free.
- One-stop search.* Find your favorite movies and shows in a flash from top channels like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU, and M-GO.
- Free iOS and Android™ app. Transform your mobile device into a Roku remote. Browse and add new channels. Even use your phone or tablet to send your music, photos and personal videos** to your HDTV.
- All the bells and whistles. 1080p*** HD support, Ethernet and USB ports, and a microSD slot.
- Movies and TV shows, front and center. Instantly access the hottest blockbusters and hit TV shows, powered by M-GO, right from the home screen -- no extra account setup required.
* One-stop search is for movies and TV shows and does not work with all channels. Premium subscriptions are required but are not included with purchase.
** Capability to share video available on iOS and select Android phones. See Roku.com for a list of devices that support this feature.
***Availability of 1080p HD video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
Get to the entertainment you want instantly
The Roku Channel Store has the largest selection of streaming channels available anywhere – with over 1,800 channels and more coming at a furious pace. Our on-screen interface lets you fly through screens, seamlessly search top channels and launch movies faster than ever before.
- Watch a new movie a day. Every day. For 82 years. Roku has over 200,000 movies and TV episodes at your fingertips from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, M-GO, VUDU, Redbox Instant by Verizon and more
- With 49 news and weather channels from across the US and around the world, Roku is the best choice for news and weather channels. Top news sources include MSNBC, Fox News, Huffington Post, CNBC and WSJ
- Plus gets loads of other entertainment choices, including:
- Music from Spotify, Amazon Cloud Player, Pandora, MOG, Rdio, VEVO and TuneIn
- Live sports packages including NBA League Pass Broadband, NHL GameCenter LIVE, MLS LIVE, UFCTV, and MLB.TV Premium
- Family entertainment from PBS and Disney
- Photo and video sharing via Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa
Of course, there are also tons of channels featuring international and lifestyle programming, tech news, podcasts, cartoons, and… well, you get the idea.
Watch late-night flicks without disturbing the peace
When you need to keep the volume down but still get your TV fix, Roku 3 features an enhanced remote with built-in headphone jack. Just plug in the included in-ear headphones to enter your own private listening world. It's perfect for cranking up that late-night action movie without waking the spouse. Or kids. Or dog.
Gaming fun for the whole family
Need a break from the movies? With motion-sensing technology, the Roku 3 enhanced remote with game-ready buttons was designed for lightning-fast maneuvers and family-friendly fun. Hit games include Angry Birds Space, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Stay tuned – we're adding more games all the time.
Compare Roku models
| || |
Tiny stick. Big entertainment.
Works with virtually any TV.
Private listening headphone jack.
Fully loaded and lightning fast.
|TV compatibility|| |
Virtually any TV
Virtually any TV
|1,800+ entertainment channels|| || || || |
|Built-in wireless|| || || || |
|Roku Search across multiple top channels|| || || || |
|Plays up to 1080p HD video|| || || || |
|Control with included remote or mobile devices via the Roku app|| || || || |
|Send videos, photos and music stored locally on your smartphone to your TV via the Roku app|| || || || |
|Dual-band wireless|| || || || |
|Channel shortcut buttons to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and more***|| || || || |
|Remote with headphone jack for private listening|| || || || |
|Cast to TV direct from the Netflix and YouTube apps|| || || || |
|Motion control for games (Angry Birds Space included)|| || || |
|Lightning fast with 5x faster processor|| |
|Ethernet, USB & microSD slot|| || || |
* Roku 3 works with HDTVs with HDMI port. HDMI cable not included with Roku players.
** Availability of 1080p HD video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
*** All units manufactured after October 2014 include a remote control that features four quick-access buttons providing one-touch access to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Rdio, and Hulu.
It's ridiculously easy
From the simple remote to the intuitive interface, Roku 3 was designed to set up in a few quick-and-easy steps. All you need to get started is a high-speed Internet connection (and an HDTV, of course). The built-in wireless and guided setup mean you can be up and running in minutes. And we bet you don't even have to call your nerdy nephew for help.
Included with the Roku 3
- Enhanced remote* with headphone jack and motion control for games
- In-ear headphones
- Free Angry Birds Space game
- Two AA batteries
- Power adapter
- Get Started guide
- 90-day manufacturer warranty
*All units manufactured after October 2014 include a remote control that features four quick-access buttons providing one-touch access to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Rdio, and Hulu.
What you need
- High-speed Internet (like DSL or cable)
- Wireless router
- HDMI cable (for high-definition video)
- Internet browser (for initial setup)
In general, the faster your Internet connection, the better the video quality. For the best viewing results, we recommend a minimum of 1.5 Mbps for standard definition and 3.0 Mbps for HD content. To test your network speed, visit either one of the following (free) websites: speakeasy.net/speedtest/ or www.speedtest.net. Please note that your Internet speed may vary throughout the day.
Revel in our fastest, most powerful streaming player yet. Fully loaded, the Roku 3 packs tons of entertainment into one tiny box. Enjoy 1,800+ channels of movies, TV shows, games, music, sports, and more. Plug headphones into the remote to watch late-night flicks without disturbing the household. Or use motion-control to play games like Angry Birds Space. And with one-stop search, find that perfect movie or show in a flash. 1080p HD, dual-band wireless, Ethernet and USB ports, plus free iOS and Android Roku apps so you can enjoy even more great features. The Roku 3—the new streaming standard for your HDTV.
Roku 3 supports closed captioning on channels that support this feature, including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU and Hulu Plus. Video output: 1080p, 720p and 480p over HDMI. A USB port enables local media playback (supported formats include: MP4 (H.264) & MKV (H.264) video / AAC & MP3 audio / JPG & PNG image). Audio output: digital over HDMI (7.1/5.1 channel surround sound pass-through and stereo). 12V -- 1A power adapter.
Want to learn more about streaming media players? Our Streaming Media Player storefront features educational articles, buying guides, comparison charts, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
Wow, these are coming fast and furious. Roku 4 is now here, It's more expensive but it's probably worth it because it adds lots of new capabilities: 4K Ultra HD support, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, even a feature to locate a lost remote.
UPDATE: April 6, 2015
Please be aware that Roku released a new Roku 3 model that adds voice search among other things so make sure you are getting the 'latest and greatest' when you place your order. I was able to get the new one from Roku's own site but I'm sure Amazon will have them soon.
What follows is my 2013 review. This is where the NEW model is listed: New Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (4230R) With Voice Search
For anyone new to the Roku world, I would recommend the Roku 3 over any other previous models mainly on it being so much faster to operate. If 'cost' is an issue and 720p only is not a bother then the LT should be a great pick for half the price.
True for all Roku models: there's an enormous amount of channels to choose from, including most popular ones. And if there's something that you can't find in the official store you can always check the private channel listings (I included the URL of my favorite site) which is where I found things such as streaming CNN, CNN International and BBC World.
The streaming is exceptionally smooth. Quite impressive considering that I set this Roku on the second floor, some 60-70 ft. and two floors away from our Wi-Fi router located in the basement.Read more ›
Without boring everyone on the specs of the R's, let me start by telling about my experience setting it up.
Once unpacked one simply plugs the power adapter into the wall and an HDMI cable into the TV and the Roku, that's it. The unit begins booting up then asks you to select whether you want to use a wireless or wired network connection. I selected wireless and it then shows a list of the networks it detected. Once you choose your network you input the password for your network and in a few seconds it connects right away.
Finally it displays an activation code which you are to use to activate and attach the Roku to your online Roku account. For some seeking out a computer that may or may not be near the TV might be a pain, but I simply opened Safari on my iPhone and added the code to my account while sitting in front of the TV.
Once the code is entered, as part of the attaching process you are prompted to add payment info just in case you want to buy a channel or game in the future. You can not bypass this but IT'S OK. Enter it in and finish the account set up. Once you do you can simply choose to delete the payment info and it's erased from the Roku servers.Read more ›
My final comment after returning the, in my opinion, not ready for prime time Roku 2 XS was something to the effect that I would intentionally be waiting for Roku 3 before ever purchasing another Roku.
Well Roku 3 is finally here and boy oh boy am I ever glad to have waited!
Initial setup of this extremely compact streaming device is truly a breeze and takes just a few minutes.
All of the annoying issues of interference with other devices (sound bar, digital picture frame, Internet radio, etc.) in my living room - in which absolutely nothing has changed since August 2011 when I took the Roku 2 XS for an extremely disappointing spin - have been completely resolved in this new incarnation of the Roku product line.
Internet connection problems are no more even with the very same wireless router and modem that I had back in 2011: The Roku 3 connects quickly and easily to my private/secure WiFi network and streaming of the available channels (a truly overwhelming selection with hundreds of free channels and others at nominal monthly cost) is fast and smooth just like a conventional TV program not originating via the Internet. The audio signal is loud and crystal clear. As of 05/21/2013, I have an approximately 50 Mbps broadband download speed available, but 20 Mbps also has worked fine in the past.
To avoid disappointment before purchasing any Roku model be sure to do your research concerning available programming/channels beforehand.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Roku is the best streaming device out there. I've had Roku for probably around 10 years now and can't imagine not having one. Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Tawnya Simons
Some of the free channels have been discontinued since we bought it. But over all still cheaper than paying for full cable and only watching a couple of the the channels, wish... Read morePublished 21 hours ago by Amazon Customer
We love our Roku and we have been using it for about a year now. You can connect this wirelessly to the internet or (if you have a shifty internet... Read more
Love this new Roku 3. Works perfect for playing movies and streaming. The headset jack on the remote is great for listening to shows when you don't want to disturb anyone else.Published 1 day ago by Tom6721
I've had this for 9 months now and it was a great purchase. I'll never go back to cable againPublished 2 days ago by Cam Taborda