Questions & Answers
Roku 2 XD Streaming Player 1080p
by Roku
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,562)
$103.05
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 316 questions
vote
You'll need a Roku for each tv similar to a dvd player :)
Jun 13, 2012 by Jeremy- Amazon Customer
votes
Read my Cutting the cable cord guide. I canceled cable over a year ago. It's not for everyone. Live sports nuts wouldn't be able to do it easily, but others should manage fine. Even most new TV shows are accessable the next day for purchase via Amazon's Video On Demand Service. I have 3 new shows I subscribe to via this service at $1.89 an episode. Still far cheaper than the $70 a month I was paying for cable. I could buy a New Roku every month for what cable was costing me. Now I can afford other things. I would suggest trying the Roku and seeing what all is available.
Nov 23, 2011 by R. Diamond
votes
Yes, anything in their streaming library.
Dec 13, 2012 by Mouseslinger
votes
I don't think you're missing anything. The reason why I purchased Netflix is the CC feature. I wrote to Amazon about their lack of CC capabilities a year or so ago and all I received was a confirmation that CC was not available. This is unconscionable. There is a new law, however, that is going to require all electronic video devices to include CC by the year 2015. Hopefully, Amazon rectifies this glaring flaw before then.
Oct 2, 2012 by NMazzoni
votes
We have a router downstairs and our Roku is upstairs clear on the other side of the house and have no problems streaming
Nov 26, 2012 by Lisa Alt
votes
Yes, Amazon is one of the "channels" that you can select on RoKu. You have to have an Amazon account. A "Prime" account will let you play the Prime Content for no additional charge.
Apr 15, 2013 by Amazon Customer
votes
Within 30-seconds. It's designed to be always on though.
Jul 16, 2013 by mr_dude
votes
votes
Not directly. You would have to use a powerful Plex Media Server to transcode the video using the Hulu channel for Plex, and using the Plex Roku app to watch it. (In other words, not worth it for most people!)
Dec 2, 2012 by John Clawson
votes
The Roku allows you to set its output to match your display type, i.e. HD is 16x9 widescreen, SD 4x3, and SD 16x9 widescreen. A standard definition program will appropriately keep its aspect ratio when viewed on a widescreen monitor and appear with black "pillar" bars on either side. You can't force a picture that was filmed in one aspect ration to be shown in another unless you use your television's picture mode to stretch or distort the picture.
Dec 18, 2011 by Robert B.
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   32   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers