Roku is a little box that allows you to instantly stream tons of entertainment on your TV. Watch over 100,000 movies and TV shows from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus and more. Listen to music on Pandora, or listen to your own iTunes playlists. Watch major sports, news, or original Internet programming. It's all available whenever you want it.
The all-new, top-of-the-line Roku XDS sets a new standard with 1080p streaming video, the latest wireless technology, and Instant Replay. All for under $100. No wonder Roku is the best selling streaming player ever.
- Works with any TV—up to 1080p*. The XDS delivers the biggest and best streaming video experience you can get.
- It's really easy. Be up and running in 5 minutes. Roku works with any TV.
- No PC needed. Roku connects to your high speed Internet connection wirelessly. With the XDS, you get extended-range, dual-band Wireless-N performance.
- No extra monthly bills.Use your existing subscriptions (like Netflix or Hulu Plus), or enjoy free and on-demand content (like Pandora, Flickr, and Amazon Instant Video).
- It's always getting better. Roku is constantly expanding its library of streaming entertainment, so there will always be something new to watch.
What can you do with Roku?
Roku simply brings the largest selection of streaming entertainment choices to your TV.
Over 100,000 movies and TV shows to watch instantly—from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus and more.
Premium sports. The top leagues like Major League Baseball and the National Hockey League. The main events from UFC and more.
The best tunes. Personalized music from Pandora or MOG, your own iTunes playlists, or radio from around the world.
Plus, tons of other choices, from major network news and original programming to photo and video sharing. More are added every day, so your Roku will always have the most, and the best, in instant entertainment.
Netflix and Roku: the original instant movie partnership
Over two years after the launch of the first Roku Netflix player, Roku still delivers the best combination of streaming movie performance and price. With your Netflix membership, browse and search over 20,000 movies and TV episodes to watch whenever you want. The exclusive Instant Replay button lets you skip back instantly to replay that line you just missed. Plus, there are no extra monthly or yearly fees.
XDS means top-of-the-line
Roku XDS delivers for the best home entertainment systems out there. Up to 1080p High Definition streaming video*. Dual-band Wireless-N technology, so you can get it almost anywhere in your house. Extensive connector options. We even added an Instant Replay button, so you can skip back instantly in 10 second jumps. It's the only streaming player that can do it without delay.
How Roku works
Setting up Roku is as easy as 1-2-3
- Plug it in. Roku is compatible with virtually any TV
- Add it to your home network. Whether your home is wireless or wired, the helpful on-screen instructions make it a cinch.
- Enjoy! Choose your entertainment, and control it with the handy remote. (Popcorn sold separately.)
Included with the Roku XD|S Streaming Player
- Remote control with Instant Replay
- Two AAA batteries
- Audio/Video Outputs: HDMI, Optical, Composite A/V (red/white/yellow), Component Video (requires XDS adapter cable)
- Connectivity: Wireless N dual-band (B/G/N compatible), Ethernet, USB
- Composite (red/white/yellow) A/V cable
- Power adapter
- Getting Started guide
- One year manufacturer warranty
*What you need
To use Roku, you need a high speed Internet connection with a speed of at least 1.2 Mbps (such as mid-level DSL). For HD video, we recommend 5 Mbps (if you're not sure what your speed is, go to www.speedtest.net and run the simple test). Note that not all content partners enable HD or 1080p streaming video. You may also need a wireless or wired router if you cannot connect Roku directly to your cable or DSL modem.