Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 396 questions
vote
yes it does with Netflix
Aug 20, 2011 by Robert B.
vote
I don't know of a way to do it directly. However, using PlayOn a person can use a Roku to access anything their PC can access. PlayOn is basically set up on the PC and a PlayOn channel is set up on the Roku. Then the home network is used to by the Roku to access the content on the PC. PlayOn does cost a little but they do have a "lifetime" option which makes it quite cheap. Also, they have a Roku/PlayOn bundle that I wish I'd known about before purchasing a Roku.
Dec 16, 2012 by 4estGimp
vote
the roku 2 xs can be connected to an old analog tv if your old tv has audio/video input jacks . the xs has an audio/video output jack and an hmdi output you can only connect directly to your old tv assuming it has the a/v input jacks. you cannot connect to the analog tv using the hmdi jack. this is for digital TV's only. the newer rokus (roku3) can only be connected to new digital TV's using an hmdi cable. the old analog tv do not have an hmdi input so you cannot connect this way. one advantage of the xs is that you can connect to a digital tv using either an hmdi cable or an audio/visual cable. I have a roku 3 and a roku xs. the roku 3 can only be connectd using a hmdi cable. I bought the xs because I can run the output a/v cable from the roku xs into a dvd recorder and the output of the dvd recorder to the tv. if you do this you can record on dvd almost any show that the roku xs plays. if you have an old analog tv, i would you advise you to toss it out because once the digital TV's came on the market all the analog tv repairmen went out of business. I know of only one repair shop that still can repair analogs and that shop is located in Levittown pa. the digital TV's have a much better picture assuming you are on a cable system and have really high end features . they are cheap also. a 32" digital costs much less than a similar screen size analog. if you get a digital, try to get one with at least two hmdi inputs and two a/v inputs. hard to find now in wallmart but I am sure if you search the internet you will find one. my digitals are about 4 years old (samsung and lg) and have these dual jacks. the newer digitals do not seem to have the dual a/v jacks. but it really does not make any difference because even if you have only one hmdi and one a/v input, can get around this by buying from radio shack multiple input/output deices. radio shack can help you with this. I bought a roku3 in December of 2013. now two roku3's and one xs. there is no monthly fee for the roku-just the purchase price. my wife and I rarely watch cable tv now. the roku is the best video streaming player out there and their customer support is excellent. but you must have a computer modem to connect to any roku either wirelessly or through an ethernet cable. you must have a computer to add certain channels into your roku. connecting is easy. roku will eventually put cable tv out of business. roku has a "channel store" on their main menu, you can add channels to your roku through the channel store. some channels are free like utube and others too numerous to mention. some like amazon are paying ($70/year) Netflix is about $16 per month. Roku also supports "private channels". Too complicated to explain what these are but you will not find them in the roku channel store. you have to type in "roku private channels into your browser" and you will find them. between roku's channel store and the private channels there are literally thousands of channels to choose from. you could spend a whole lifetime searching for channels. if you have a ipad or similar, there is a way to stream roku stuff from the roku to the pad, but I don't know how to do it. there are videos on utube that will show you how. I hope this helps-might seem complicated but you can email for help if you need to: jdrr1@verizon.net
Apr 30, 2014 by Jon R.
votes
No, the Roku does not. It's not meant to be a web browser. From one of their engineers: We have numerous interface improvements in the works, but we have no interest, in the short term or long term, to add web browsing to the product. http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25340&start=30
Dec 29, 2011 by buru buru piggu
votes
Yes. The Bluetooth remote is much faster and does not require line of sight. I think the picture is higher quality because of the much improved and more modern processor. You may want to try one in the location it is used the most. Some people have complained about the wireless. I use the ethernet connection and that works well.
Aug 8, 2011 by Richard A. Nathan
votes
I had a similar problem where I would get to the update screen and the box would not recognize the remote afterwards. I called the support number and spoke to India twice, then called on a weekday in the daytime (Wednesday at maybe 3pm Central) and connected with a very knowledgeable rep who was in the US. She was the first one to ask which router I was using and took me through some steps which allowed me to connect and run through the update. My router is a Linksys WRT54G v8 if this helps. I would recommend trying to call the Roku support number in the morning or early afternoon to get a US rep.
Aug 5, 2011 by Spin Control
votes
Yes-- all those movies are in your video library and the Amazon channel has a link to all the items in your library. Additionally, just last week, they redesigned the channel interface, so it's much easier to find your items. The Roku is excellent. I love it. We canceled our cable and our satellite and this is it for us. . . plus Amazon prime and Netflix.
Dec 26, 2011 by Kendra
votes
"Channels" are a different concept on a Roku. On a Roku, Netflix is a channel, Amazon on Demand is a channel, Pandora is a channel, etc. The http://www.roku.com/roku-channel-store site will give you the entire selection. ESPN, etc. will still require subscribing to cable or satellite.
Mar 26, 2012 by Trimmer
votes
Your Internet connection speed might be too slow.
Jan 8, 2013 by Randy
votes
Thanks. I just ordered a new receiver that does the DD+ format. I have an older Onkyo and just ordered the Onkyo TX-NR609 which has 6 hdmi inputs and supports DD+. I really hope this solves my problem. The Roku site really needs to tell folks this info. They make it sound like any hdmi device will play 5.1 audio from their new boxes. Knowing you need DD+ for 5.1 would be kinda nice to know, don't ya thinK?
Aug 21, 2011 by Gary W
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   40   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers