4.0 out of 5 stars Super durable MOMENTARY/sustain/tap switch
Published on April 16, 2011 by R. Andrew Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty basic.
I bought this footpedal because TASCAM doesn't sell a footpedal that will work with their recording equipment under $400. The footpedal works well. Pretty basic.
Published 25 days ago by Steve Corbett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Super durable MOMENTARY/sustain/tap switch, April 16, 2011
This review is from: Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch (Electronics)
I got this to use as a tap tempo switch for a Boss DD-7 delay pedal (recommended for that purpose by Boss). The footswitch is very durable and stable on the floor. It can also be used as a momentary switch for any application (mute, keyboard sustain, etc...) BUT DON'T TRY TO USE IT TO SWITCH AMP CHANNELS. For that purpose you need a latching toggle switch that opens/closes each time it's depressed. This one is designed only to stay switched as long as your foot's on it.
Also, if you'd prefer a cheaper, less bulky momentary pedal, shop around for a keyboard sustain pedal. They perform the same function for a much lower price and have a smaller/lower profile. Be sure you get one that has switchable polarity. Also, a keyboard sustain pedal usually comes with a permanently attatched cable which might be more clutter than you care for. This pedal can use whatever length of 1/4" patch cable or pedal jumper you have on hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pedal, But Pricey & Sharp Edges, November 13, 2010
This review is from: Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch (Electronics)
The polarity switching makes this the most versatile footswitch around. However, it would have been great if it could also function as a latching footswitch. Instead you have to purchase a FS-5L to do that. All of these FS footswitches interconnect, which is very cool. However, the cords cannot be bussed so you will have a separate cord for each switch. Also, the aluminum edges are sharp and will make quick work of your gig bag if you travel with it. Additionally, the pedal surface itself is slippery and a relatively small area. This makes it better as a on-off or tap tempo pedal than a sustain pedal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and just works, simple and easy!, October 27, 2012
Ravenant211 (Beckley, WV USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch (Electronics)
I have been using this pedal for a few months along with my Boss DD-7 pedal. This was one of the recommended pedals by Boss for the tap feature on my delay and it works great! It's very sturdy and has held up without any issues in my live gear. I've been carrying it around with my pedal board the whole time and it doesn't even have a scratch. For the functionality it couldn't be easier. With a DD-7 you just plug it into the "Tempo/Exp" jack and tap in time with the beat you wish the delay to follow and it adjusts the DD-7 to match. This pedal feels very responsive, and does what it's supposed to, no sense of it lagging or being behind the beat. If you like dotted 8th delay (used often by The Edge from U2 for example), this makes dialing in the tempo a breeze, no guessing if you've set the knobs right to be locked into the beat!

There are cheaper pedals out there, but if you gig live a lot this pedal is pretty hard to beat. Works great and you won't have to worry about it breaking down from road wear!

5.0 out of 5 stars Used this to create a photo booth with my Nikon D7000, May 20, 2013
This review is from: Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch (Electronics)
I used this footswitch along with the below to turn my Nikon D7000 into a great photo booth along with 2 Alien Bees B400 Strobe lights and a white muslin background. I also use the cybersync transmitter and receivers.
* I have read that this switch is very durable and stands up to allot of abuse. Plus it's easy to unplug for packing, etc.

Allows guest to walk into the photo booth (It's just a mini studio) which I can setup in the corner at wedding receptions, etc. The foot pedal along with the pre-trigger cable allow the subjects to snap their own pictures and be as funny as they want. Seems having a photographer behind the camera makes people not come out and be as funny as they are when they know no one's behind the camera. I have an assistant had out props such as hats and mustaches on sticks along with chalk boards, etc. for guest to write whatever they want.
(I have the camera set to manual focus along with a high f-stop so there's no issues with users being blurry. Camera is set with a 50mm prime lens and covers the entire backdrop)

The wifi card allows users to view their images on my ipad and the otterbox case protect it from kids/rough guest. (also another reason to have an assistant).
I tried the Eye-Fi Card along with Nikons USB Wifi card, and for the money, the transcend card was the best bang for the buck. I leave the camera in live view mode, so it never looses a connection to the ipad by turning off the wifi card. Also that's why I needed the ac power cord for my camera. The ipad is also plugged into power.

Hope this helps someone else setup an awesome photo booth as well!

* Nikon 27018 EP-5a Power Supply Connector
* Kapaxen EH-5 EH-5A AC Power Adapter
* ChargerCity Music Mic Microphone Stand Tablet Mount
* Hosa Cable CMS110 1/8 inch TRS to 1/4 Inch TRS Adapter Cable - 10 Foot
* C2G / Cables to Go 03170 3.5mm Stereo Coupler Female/Female
* Fotodiox Pro Pre-Trigger Remote Shutter Release Cable for Nikon D7000
* Transcend Information 32 GB Wi-Fi SDHC Class 10 Memory Card
* OtterBox Defender Series Case with Screen Protector and Stand for the New iPad

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Sturdy, Quality Switch. Wish there was a "Click", June 19, 2013
djcozmik (Los Angeles, CA / Salem, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch (Electronics)
This is a great switch, and works very well. It is solidly constructed and versatile. It does not come with a cable, so make sure you have one ready!

My only wish is that the switch "clicked" when it was pressed - there is a lot of throw to this switch (the distance you can push the button up/down) and I am not sure where in the throw it actually triggers. A nice satisfying click would be nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 18, 2012
This review is from: Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch (Electronics)
This footswitch was a great addition to my BOSS ME-50. I needed to be able to switch between regular guitar tone to an acoustic simulation for a couple of songs I was doing with my band, and this enables me to do that. I only wish the ME-50 would have had a better way of doing this without my having to buy an additional footswitch, but this did the trick for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, July 5, 2013
This review is from: Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch (Electronics)
I'm using this footswitch to control a drum machine. it does the job and i've had no problems with it

4.0 out of 5 stars Tap Pedal w/ presets, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch (Electronics)
I use this pedal for sustain pedals mostly. If you are interest in a good tap pedal for controlling speed on delays and tremolos, check out the Time Traveler at tapestryaudio.com

It has presets and sends out to multiple pedals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good !, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch (Electronics)
It is an essential gadget for boss pedals (and other brands too). It's light but well constructed, as all boss stuff !

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and rugged sustain pedal!, August 7, 2014
Nick P. (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch (Electronics)
I've owned this pedal for over 5yrs, using it as a sustain for my keyboards. I play almost daily and gig maybe twice a month. It's held up beautifully and looks/works just as well as the day I bought it. Works with any keyboard I've used thanks to the polarity switch. This thing is completely solid! You can stomp on it and stand on it with no problems. I don't think I'll ever use any other sustain pedal for live gigs.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›