5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting, high quality, organic coconut milk
I've tried a few brands of coconut milk since I have started cooking Thai-style curries, and, so far, I like Roland the best. It's organic, it tastes great, and it has the full fat content, which I prefer. If you're looking for a good, full-fat coconut milk, give it a try.

Ingredients: organic coconut milk, water, guar gum (thickener).
Published on March 20, 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best quality
My family drinks a lot of coconut milk (about a can a day) and we have tried almost every brand out there. This one tastes OK, but contains more preservatives than any other we have tried. Unfortunately the ingredients are not listed here so I wasn't able to find that out until after my case arrived.

For the price this Roland brand isn't a bad deal but I...
Published on October 1, 2009 by J. Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting, high quality, organic coconut milk, March 20, 2009
This review is from: Roland Organic Coconut Milk, 14-Ounce (Pack of 24) (Grocery)

Ingredients: organic coconut milk, water, guar gum (thickener).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh coconutty--edges out Mae Ploy and Chaokoh, October 20, 2009
I use coconut milk on my low-carb diabetic, dairy-free diet to make whey shakes (sweetened with steveia), cocoa, and coffee as a creamer. I even make coconut milk yogurt with it. I have used the usually top-rated brands of both Mae Ploy and Chaokoh but both have preservatives I would like to avoid.

This arrived today and I immediately make a shake for lunch, and it is my favorite...very fresh tasting, more "coconutty," thick (not as thick as the two mentioned above, but thick enough). I use the whole can, add one can of water to make a quart. I love that it's just coconut milk, water, and guar gum.

Since I use so much of it daily and I use Prime Shipping, the savings on the automatic ordering help me out a lot. Umm...now to make some coconut milk yogurt with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and creamy heaven at a great price!, September 15, 2009
This coconut milk is delicious and a real bargain for organic!!! I use 2 or 3 cans a week of organic coconut milk because I use it in smoothies and like to drink it plain also or pour it over cereal. I pour the contents of the can into a glass quart container, then fill it the rest of the way with water, shake it up, and put in the fridge. When it gets cold, it is nice and thick again! This is the only milk I drink because I don't do cow's milk and I no longer do soy milk either.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best quality, October 1, 2009

For the price this Roland brand isn't a bad deal but I would recommend Chaokoh or Natural Value Coconut Milk, 14-Ounce Containers (Pack of 12) over this one. Natural Value has no fillers or preservatives and tastes great which means it is perfect for making healthy coconut yogurt with the Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker. If you haven't tried making coconut yogurt yet I highly recommend it!

A lot of people are still under the impression that Coconut milk is bad for you. There was some faulty research done years ago on hydrogenated coconut oil which is mostly to blame for this. If you are one of those people that still think coconut is bad I recommend reading The Good Fat Cookbook to help set the record straight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, Organic and No Preservatives!!! (SEE UPDATES!), May 19, 2010
We see why people like this brand of coconut milk. We like it, too. It is organic and does have guar gum (which is a food derived, natural ingredient), but it DOES NOT have chemicals/preservatives, which are bad for you. It is thick and creamy when slightly warmed, has a strong coconut flavor and tastes better than the brands with added preservatives. (We've tried a lot of them!) The ingredients are coconut milk, water, guar gum---that's it! I DO wish it said what percentage of coconut milk was in the can, some brands do, but other than that, we are happy with this brand. It DOES NOT have an expiration date printed on the can (we wish it did). The price is more than the brands with preservatives, which I don't understand, I wish it were lower, but if we want food with no preservatives/added chemicals, I guess this is what our option is. Hopefully, the price will come down. What we don't like is the shipping--9 out of 24 cans in the case were severely or moderately dented, which means we had to use them soon or immediately (not happy at all about that). However, we will order this brand again. UPDATE: Ordered second case, case was shipped "as is", broke open during shipping, all 24 cans arrived severely or moderately dented. Can't even open most of them with a can opener. Completely unusable and not safe to use. Unless packing for shipping changes, even though we love the product, we will not order again. Not happy about that, as we can't find a source to purchase locally. UPDATE: Contacted Amazon, they sent another case, better packing, only 2 cans minor dented. Thank you, Amazon! Will try purchasing again, as we love this stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coconut milk I've seen, December 8, 2009
Dan Galbraith (Traverse City, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This coconut milk is much better and more consistent than Thai Kitchen. We use it for homemade ice cream, and it makes a far better product. The price is right, and it's organic to boot!

1.0 out of 5 stars product has changed for the worse, June 28, 2011
I agree with the two most recent reviews...I have been ordering this product through subscribe and save for about a year now and have gone through several cases of delicious creamy coconut milk. In May Amazon had a discount on this product so I ordered two cases, and so far the first few cans we have opened have been very disappointing. I too noticed a difference upon shaking the can, it was very liquidy and not at all how it used to feel. Upon opening it, there was no cream, it was very runny and looked oily. I didn't notice a bad taste with it, but it is nothing like the product I was used to. Tonight I used it to make coconut milk ice cream, and it was very gritty, not creamy, and never even froze in the ice cream maker like it used to (it was very runny upon scooping it out). I am very disappointed in the change in this product and will be looking for a new brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product but Cans not Protected, July 26, 2010
I purchased this case of coconut oil from Amazon and this review is no reflection about them, it is more directed at the company Roland. I was exited to get this product and when it did come, it was in Roland's Box which was then inside of Amazon's box. So I realized that Roland's has their product already packed for Amazon to ship. After opening the box, all cans were dented and none were in good shape. I had to throw out 6 of the 24 cans because some of the dents were far more severe then the rest. With that said, I need to express how wonderful this milk is to use for smoothies and cooking. It has an amazing flavor with full fat. I lost 6 pounds since using it, without changing a thing in my diet or exercise. I use it for cooking veggies and in pancakes etc. But most of all I use it in my smoothies. I take one can which is 14 Oz and then pour in a quart mason jar, then I fill the remainder of the space up with purified water. It works out to 1/2 cup of milk equals 100 calories and about 1 Tablespoon of Oil fat from the coconut. I thought this was important because in Fife's book it is recommended that adults take approximately 3 Tablespoons a day for most weights and for very petite persons it is about 2 1/2 Tablespoons a day. So with that said, I use 1/2 cup of coconut milk in two separate smoothies a day which gives me 2 Tablespoons and then I cook with coconut oil to get the remainder that I need to get my quota or I use it directly on my skin. I feel totally different and I literally feel my cells coming to life.. My daughter suffers from horrible cycle pains of her monthly and after taking this for only 3 weeks her next cycle she was nearly pain free, It is truly a miracle for she suffered from disabling pain for years now and nothing helped her.

I truly recommend this product, I also recommend Coconut Oil from Nutiva (extra virgin) for it is the purest one I have found yet on the market.

For me I use it for my gallbladder issues. It has saved me much pain for I cannot take in any type of dairy or meats of any kind. I am trying to dissolve my stones by myself rather then opting for operation which can cause so many problems after surgery, not to mention the gallbladder has more uses then what is normally stated by docs.. Anyway, I use the coconut milk as 1/2 cup then add water to the blender to bring to the 8oz mark and then add 5 ice cubes. After this I add 1/2 cup raw organic beets cut up and then 1 cup of cucumbers, both these are amazing for gallbladder problems but not just that, they are amazing to cleanse your liver as well. Then I add 1 cup or more of greens to the blender, and 1/2 banana, a few cherries, or 1/2 strawberries, 5 blueberries, 5 blackberries or other berries, and any other veggie I can think of and blend with a Dr.Mercola Miracle Whey which has medium chained fatty acids just like coconut milk and wow, it is so delicious and what a way to get your veggies in... Dr.Mercola's products have no sugar but use of stevia..

Anyway, I feel totally different and could not live without this stuff..

If ONLY Roland's would find a way to have the product shipped to them without the damage of the cans.. This is a dangerous thing, for poisoning could take place. I'm sure its in the travel that it takes to get here to the U.S but their cans just roll around in the box, there is no padding what so ever.. So I guess I am saying that a person must realize they will or could lose more then a half dozen cans when it gets to you.. Someone should talk to the company about this. Other then that I think this product is much better then any other coconut milk on the market and I still do recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will buy again and again., November 8, 2009
I bought this as a milk alternative for making homemade ice cream because of dairy issues on my part. I have not been disappointed! It adds the fat for creaminess that almond milk does not (the good kind of fat, mind you!), and it tastes great. My husband loves it as creamer in his coffee, and it makes tasty smoothies in the blender. I highly recommend this product and will buy it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars First time user of coconut milk, January 11, 2011
I'd never tasted coconut milk and made the purchase because so many of the recipes in a recent cookbook purchase required coconut milk. I chose the Roland Coconut Milk based on the reviews and because it is organic. Well, I received my order a week ago and while I've not used the milk in any recipes, I'm hooked. I followed the advice of other reviewers and dilute the milk with a can of water and store in a glass quart pitcher. The only mishap was that I first used cold purified water so the milk wasn't smooth. In recent batches I heat the purified water to room temperature or a little warmer and then mix it with the milk. I've found the consistency to be much better.

Also, many reviewers reported that some of the cans in their shipment were dented or otherwise damaged. The company must have corrected this issue because mine arrived in a tight fitting box with no damage.

Roland Organic Coconut Milk, 14-Ounce (Pack of 24)
$90.00 $60.22