Roller Derby Pro Line 900 Men's Inline Skates
|Price:||$72.99 - $85.00|
- Man Made
- Men's inline skates with 3-piece molded boot
- Memory Comfort liner remembers the shape of your foot
- Triple buckle system for easy entry and exit
- 76mm Speed Formula wheels and Bevo ABEC-7 bearings
- Reinforced polymer bridge frame
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Compared to the old bladerunner model, this skate is worse. Buckles are hard to adjust, ventilation is not as good and brake is not adjustable (only matters for those who use one). Bootie seems less breathable also.
That said, it appears that over the years the market had become more "sophisticated". Features available on <$100 skate are now only available on >$200 models.
Today what is offered as basic to intermediate skate is a "softboot" type which in my opinion is dangerous design. They are too flexible in the ankle and fail to support when needed the most ( like navigating curbs, pot holes, t-stopping). Pro Line 900, being hardshell plastic design does not flex while weighting about the same as Rollerblade Spark Pro that I also tried (Proof of inadequate support are manufacturer's themselves putting out new solftboot models every year with "better", "improved" fit). Pro Line 900 bootie insert is also removable so the whole skate is easy to keep clean. I recommend Pro Line 900 to everyone who wants more control (safety) while paying beginner skate price. Do not let the high suggested retail prices of other skates fool you.
Btw based on the one I got it appears, Pro Line 900 runs about 1-1.5 sizes to small. For example if you are 9.5 order 11.
The pros are:
- rigid support boot
- buckles instead of laces
- good and properly located heel brake
- outstanding look
The cons are:
- the boots are over 1 size smaller than the printed size claims they are (printed men size 10 is really closer to men size 8.5)
- boot is unusably uncomfortable
- in spite of claiming ABEC 7 bearings the wheels move as though they are running through wet cement (Note: I have used much more sluggish inline skates, and may have found these in the acceptable range if the boots had fit, but these skates are by no means on a par with K2 or Rollerblade brands).
Bottom line, for recreational inline skates try on a pair of K2 or Rollerblade brands before buying these. These will work (which is why they get 3 stars) but they are not sized properly and they are not as "fast" or "effortless" to use as their competitors.
Update 8/4/2012: Many good words and kind thoughts toward Amazon for handling this return so well!!!
- Hard shell / clamshell design. These hold the feet very solidly, helpful for beginners like myself. I note the more advanced, super expensive skates (like $ 300 + ones) are leather & low cut - those are mainly for advanced skaters with lots of built up muscle support in their ankles.
(Maybe I'll be that strong after a couple of years, but for not yet. For now, I just enjoy skating with my kids @ local rink.)
- Simple closure. No laces for me, thank you. These 3 simple, easily adjustable but quickly & easily openable click clamp type closures are perfect. There is a reason the rental skates use them - they work & they're foolproof.
- Larger sizing for 11 - but be aware these run a size small, meaning an 11 in these fits you as if it were a normal 10, my normal show size.
I am hoping the fit will 'break in' - that's a reasonable assumption, as all shoes need break in. The first trip was kinda painful, but not because of any fault in the skates. It's just that my feet & the inner boot (it's removable & washable) need to mold to each other - I'm told by the skate experts that will be 3-5 rink trips before break in occurs & all feels normal.
I also wonder how the wheels will hold up outdoors - we shall see. We don't have much super smooth pavement in our neck of the woods. I am told that wheel hardness is what matters. Indoor wheels need to be a bit softer, outdoor wheels need to be harder to deal with rougher surfaces & be durable.
As an added plus, the runners that hold the wheels are extruded aluminum, making them very sturdy.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very happy with these skates. They go on easily, fit well, the wheels roll smoothly. Fit was as expected. Read morePublished 2 months ago by dsgd47
I recommend these skates more to beginners.
I'm 5'4" and these skates go about 3 inches over my ankles. Read more
These skates aren't bad for the price but I have had many problems with the wheels getting cracks in them within a month and also I have had a problem with the fabric inside the... Read morePublished 5 months ago by William
These were a gift to my son. He is 10 and wears a size 6 1/2. He's a pretty good skater and really feels like he's flying on top of the world in these skates.Published 6 months ago by clumseykitten
Something feels loose and I am not sure where, I have only travelled around 70miles on them this month and I think they should last longer than that before having problems. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Daniel