Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on July 10, 2006
I was wonderfully excited to see this game for mac but have been very depressed by the game's performance. I have a brand new, top of the line mac book pro... the best money can buy... extra memory, best processor etc, and yet this game has a terrible lag and crashes. On top of that the mouse interfaces are wretched. Even with a blue-tooth pc-style mouse the scrolls frequently lock up and, for example, right now the mouse functioning is so poor I cannot play the game. What makes this particularly dissapointing is that I have attempted to use the companies tech-support to figure out why things are going so poorly and have recieved no assistance.

As a die-hard roller coaster tycoon fan I was excited to purchace this game but I would HIGHLY advise waiting until the company has worked out the kinks with this game... 50 bucks is a lot to spend on a game that does not function even on the state of the art mac computers.
on December 1, 2005
With beautiful graphics and great rides this game SHOULD make for hours of fun. Many controls are not compatible with Mighty Mouse and my standard system even though it meets (and exceeds) the minimum requirements. Multiple game and system crashes, no support info as of now on the Aspyr site. I'd wait to purchase until they get the kinks worked out if I had it to do again.
on March 26, 2006
I would have to agree with other reviewers that this game has issues. I've been playing it on a 1.67 17" PowerBook, a 1 Ghz iMac, and my son's G4 PowerMac 800, all with around 1 Gig of RAM. The game runs fine for about the first 20 minutes (if you're doing serious building), but then it starts to slow way down. This is real frustrating. Especially for my 9 month old Powerbook!! Graphic settings, and fiddlings don't seem to have any effect. Like others, I agree this game ROCKS, but for everybody without a G5 PPC tower or iMac, you will get frustrated quickly. I have to wonder, what in the world were they thinking about?? Obviously the game will tank BIG TIME on Rosetta, it's not universal, and only the highest end graphic workstation Macs (which 95% of consumers can't afford & don't own) will adequately run it. Attention Aspyr & others... Macs with PPC chips are not going to be made any more! We've seen about all we're going to see!! Don't make games for "future Macs" unless you're writing Universal apps.
on March 20, 2006
I loved the first two versions of this game (on PC) and I waited forever for it to come out on my precious mac...The graphics weren't bad, and when the game wasn't freezing up I liked it. Before I could actually use it on the mac I had to go through and change every single key and mouse command by hand because it was still set up for a PC, very annoying!! They should have waited until they were ready for it to come out on the mac and all the kinks were worked out before they released.

p.s. the freezing isn't just on lower quality computers, I have a dual core processor and gigs of ram and with nothing else running I can't run this with out it freezing.
on January 31, 2007
I know some people complained about it freezing up their computer, but that never happened to me. I did download a patch from the company before I started so maybe that solved it.

The game itself is so much fun. WAY better than 1. Lots to do and check out. You can try to beat the computer's scenarios or just play in the "sandbox" and create your own park for fun.

Very cool.
on September 26, 2009
So, for obvious reasons, I got a Mac because Microsoft just didn't impress me anymore with their products. Anyway, this review isn't meant to bash Microsoft. I was kinda bummed when RCT3 for Mac was like 50 bucks on the Apple Store... which is ridiculously overpriced.. (that's my only downfall w/ Apple Inc - too expensive). However, I browsed around on google to see if I could find this game at a lower price... and it so happens that I did! Amazon.com had Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 for only $39.99 which is $10.00 cheaper than what the Apple Store wanted, which was $49.99. The game was literally brand new... it wasn't used or anything. The packaging was pristine, and the disk was scratch free. (I will admit that I was skeptical at first, so I looked at every single nook and cranny of my product when I received the package at home). I am extremely impressed with Amazon's product quality, their customer service, and shipping and handling. The game runs AMAZING on my Mac (I have a 13-inch MacBook Aluminum w/ 2.5 GB RAM) and it totally kicks my PC's ass downstairs. I can have a full theme park with like 10 rollercoasters and the game runs amazing and almost flawlessly. However, I also have RCT3 for my PC downstairs and, because of its low RAM and just plain old age (it's a Windows XP), it basically freezes if you have more than 6 rollercoasters running at the same time which is wicked annoying. So yeah, thank you so much Amazon.. and for all of you people out there that love RCT3 and want one for your Mac... this is the best deal ever - I promise! Have fun! Love live Macs and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3! :)
on October 30, 2013
This game is awesome. You will not be disappointed with this if you played the original Roller Coaster Tycoon when you were younger.

If you have OSX Mavericks (free), this will work seamlessly for you.

I love that there are three different aspects to the game: I can have animals, water-park rides, and traditional theme park rides. Love the game's ability to let you be creative, and the Sandbox mode is great to try everything you ever dreamed of building without any objectives or (game money) cost holding you back. There are SO many options! You will not be disappointed with this game. I highly recommend it!
on November 16, 2013
This game is fun. It was easy to buy and easy to download.

Game: Do not like the camera and navigation options. Limited and makes gameplay difficult.
Seller: Since it was downloaded online and I had to create some account for a game manager I can not play it unless my laptop is online. Real bummer. I'm really more of a disk person. I shouldn't need internet to play a purchased game.
on December 27, 2012
I used to play this game all the time on my family PC, and when I got a Macbook Pro for college I was thrilled to see there was a Mac version of this game. Buyer beware, this only works on the old Macs that run PowerPC (I think that's what it's called). Mine has an Intel processor, and thus makes the game useless. Really unfortunate that I lost the money on this.
on April 18, 2013
I love roller coasters so this was a must buy, especially with the front seat cam and great 3D quality of the rides and parks. I was happy that they made this for Mac and not just PC. Compared to other places the price on Amazon made this purchase well worth it. Usually you pay a little premium for Mac compatible products, but this was a good price. I really enjoy the front seat cam after you design a roller coaster. You literally can make your dream theme park and it very straight forward to use. The challenges can be pretty hard and this game will definitely take up a good chuck of your time. The guest integration seems to be better and it's just a fun game to play. If you have played any of the other Roller Coaster Tycoon games this one is a must buy. The best of the bunch and I would recommend it to anyone.