4.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great unfortunately.
Published on March 26, 2006 by S. C. SCHUYLER

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor performance/poor support
Published on July 10, 2006 by Kari

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor performance/poor support, July 10, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was wonderfully excited to see this game for mac but have been very depressed by the game's performance. I have a brand new, top of the line mac book pro... the best money can buy... extra memory, best processor etc, and yet this game has a terrible lag and crashes. On top of that the mouse interfaces are wretched. Even with a blue-tooth pc-style mouse the scrolls frequently lock up and, for example, right now the mouse functioning is so poor I cannot play the game. What makes this particularly dissapointing is that I have attempted to use the companies tech-support to figure out why things are going so poorly and have recieved no assistance.

As a die-hard roller coaster tycoon fan I was excited to purchace this game but I would HIGHLY advise waiting until the company has worked out the kinks with this game... 50 bucks is a lot to spend on a game that does not function even on the state of the art mac computers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wow graphics, Woe reliability, December 1, 2005
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
With beautiful graphics and great rides this game SHOULD make for hours of fun. Many controls are not compatible with Mighty Mouse and my standard system even though it meets (and exceeds) the minimum requirements. Multiple game and system crashes, no support info as of now on the Aspyr site. I'd wait to purchase until they get the kinks worked out if I had it to do again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great unfortunately., March 26, 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I would have to agree with other reviewers that this game has issues. I've been playing it on a 1.67 17" PowerBook, a 1 Ghz iMac, and my son's G4 PowerMac 800, all with around 1 Gig of RAM. The game runs fine for about the first 20 minutes (if you're doing serious building), but then it starts to slow way down. This is real frustrating. Especially for my 9 month old Powerbook!! Graphic settings, and fiddlings don't seem to have any effect. Like others, I agree this game ROCKS, but for everybody without a G5 PPC tower or iMac, you will get frustrated quickly. I have to wonder, what in the world were they thinking about?? Obviously the game will tank BIG TIME on Rosetta, it's not universal, and only the highest end graphic workstation Macs (which 95% of consumers can't afford & don't own) will adequately run it. Attention Aspyr & others... Macs with PPC chips are not going to be made any more! We've seen about all we're going to see!! Don't make games for "future Macs" unless you're writing Universal apps.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a Dissapointment, March 20, 2006
Macker (Winter Springs, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I loved the first two versions of this game (on PC) and I waited forever for it to come out on my precious mac...The graphics weren't bad, and when the game wasn't freezing up I liked it. Before I could actually use it on the mac I had to go through and change every single key and mouse command by hand because it was still set up for a PC, very annoying!! They should have waited until they were ready for it to come out on the mac and all the kinks were worked out before they released.

p.s. the freezing isn't just on lower quality computers, I have a dual core processor and gigs of ram and with nothing else running I can't run this with out it freezing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mac game, January 31, 2007
Jared Fiel "Fumbling Father" (Greeley, Colorado (USA) (Planet Earth)) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I know some people complained about it freezing up their computer, but that never happened to me. I did download a patch from the company before I started so maybe that solved it.

The game itself is so much fun. WAY better than 1. Lots to do and check out. You can try to beat the computer's scenarios or just play in the "sandbox" and create your own park for fun.

Very cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (for Mac) Review, September 26, 2009
Sean Moreau (Manchester, NH USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
So, for obvious reasons, I got a Mac because Microsoft just didn't impress me anymore with their products. Anyway, this review isn't meant to bash Microsoft. I was kinda bummed when RCT3 for Mac was like 50 bucks on the Apple Store... which is ridiculously overpriced.. (that's my only downfall w/ Apple Inc - too expensive). However, I browsed around on google to see if I could find this game at a lower price... and it so happens that I did! Amazon.com had Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 for only $39.99 which is $10.00 cheaper than what the Apple Store wanted, which was $49.99. The game was literally brand new... it wasn't used or anything. The packaging was pristine, and the disk was scratch free. (I will admit that I was skeptical at first, so I looked at every single nook and cranny of my product when I received the package at home). I am extremely impressed with Amazon's product quality, their customer service, and shipping and handling. The game runs AMAZING on my Mac (I have a 13-inch MacBook Aluminum w/ 2.5 GB RAM) and it totally kicks my PC's ass downstairs. I can have a full theme park with like 10 rollercoasters and the game runs amazing and almost flawlessly. However, I also have RCT3 for my PC downstairs and, because of its low RAM and just plain old age (it's a Windows XP), it basically freezes if you have more than 6 rollercoasters running at the same time which is wicked annoying. So yeah, thank you so much Amazon.. and for all of you people out there that love RCT3 and want one for your Mac... this is the best deal ever - I promise! Have fun! Love live Macs and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 30, 2013
This review is from: RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum [Download] (Software Download)
This game is awesome. You will not be disappointed with this if you played the original Roller Coaster Tycoon when you were younger.

If you have OSX Mavericks (free), this will work seamlessly for you.

I love that there are three different aspects to the game: I can have animals, water-park rides, and traditional theme park rides. Love the game's ability to let you be creative, and the Sandbox mode is great to try everything you ever dreamed of building without any objectives or (game money) cost holding you back. There are SO many options! You will not be disappointed with this game. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate computer games! However...., June 12, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game rocks. When I was a little boy, I used to imagine building my own amusement parks- so as you can imagine, the little kid in me was in heaven with this game. It's fun, it looks amazing, it has a diverse range of elements to keep your interest. Love it.

HOWEVER... yes, some of the reviewers have problems with slower comps. I can imagine that ruins it, yes. But this is a huge game, with absolute top-end graphics. Why shouldn't those of us who have those machines, get to play the forefront of games?? But I do agree, they should warn you, I saw it on my friends (slower) computer, and it lets the game down. But for anyone with a faster machine, it's a must have.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looked like fun...if it worked., February 7, 2006
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Like another reviewer, I bought this game and tried to play it on my relatively new 17" PB. Even though it exceeded the specs, it didn't work. Calls to their support line gave no results and I ended up being a bit of a gunie pig to try some things out with their support line to try to ge the game to work. No luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mac Rollercoaster 3, October 24, 2007
Father of 5 (In the United States of America) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a fun and entertaining game. It works much better on the Mac (doesn't every software?) than on the Windows PC. It works faster, smoother, and without errors.