Published on June 26, 2009 by Hyun Yu

1.0 out of 5 stars too small
They were great quality, but way too small. I ordered adult XL and the pads were small enough for a little girl.
Published on January 28, 2008 by Reese

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and secure to wear, good protectioni, XL is not that large!, June 26, 2009
I bought this set to go with my Razor Pro kick scooter, which I got to keep up with my four-year old on his scooter rides. I'm 6', average-proportioned/sized guy, and I had some doubts about ordering XL as opposed to just Large, in case the XL set ended up being too large. I finally figured it'd be better to have it a bit too big than a bit too small, so I opted for XL.

The set consists of three pairs of protective gear, for the knees, elbows, and wrist/palm. The elbow and knee pads have stretchy backing, and you pull them through your legs/arms. After properly positioning them, the stretchy velcro strips (about 1" wide) keep them secure in place.

The elbow pads are fine for me, but the knee pads--XL and all--are almost, but not quite, too small for me. My wife says I have "tree-trunk" legs, so that may have something to do with it. I can still wear the knee pads fine, but the velcro pads are a bit too short to go fully around. I can still use them, though. I may do a bit of home-DIY sewing to extend the length of the velcro strap.

The wrist/palm guards are a lot like the wrist braces. A bent piece of rubber-coated metal wrapped in velcro/stretchy brace. Comfortable to wear, although it gets in the way of gripping the scooter handles (figures, as the set probably is designed for rollerblading and not scooter riding). I will probably forego the wrist guards and continue using my cycling gloves.

The components seem well made and durable. For $22 that I paid for the set, I am happy enough with them. I gave it four-star because I feel like an XL set for adults should really be large enough to accommodate those who are larger than my 6ft frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Correct sizes, August 29, 2011
Yuliya (Bayonne,NJ, US) - See all my reviews
Hello everyone. I had unfortunate luck of following uncertain advises in choice of size. Which is why now I have to return this set for exchange on to smaller (from L to M)
Making it clear to everyone I am 5'7 120 lb. and apparently the review wasn't helpful at all. For those who gets confused with sizes here is some helpful info from instruction that (thanks to them) comes with set. :

To chose the right size of protection , please refer to the range table here below .

Range B - Users weight 25-50 Kg.
Size of protection equipment = XXS, XS

Range C - Users weight above 50 Kg.

Size of protection equipment =
Height in cm. S(140-155cm) M (155-170cm) L (170-180cm) XL (>180cm)

So that is about as accurate as it gets.

Good luck

P.S. Ok , so here is the rest of the story how I was ripped-off. Be sure to choose the right size, cause the money you'll pay for shipping it back for replacement is not refundable.
So , after I did receive my order and realized that it is too big , i did what I was supposed to as per their exchange instruction and mail it back. That cost me 6$. No big deal as it was my mistake. I did have to wait for almost two weeks and I did just like good customer, even thought they are located at like 40 min drive from where I leave. I could not do that right away being out of the country and it me some time to contact them. I really don't understand why they can't deal via email as considering all the transaction took place online. Just like everybody else.All this time on any of my emails I was getting the only answer that it takes them 5 to 7 days , and after that it was already 10 days to process my order trough whatever. And in the last one they've only bother to mention that the size I requested is not available at the moment so I'll have to wait. In about 5 more days I received my exchange in incomplete and mismatched state.. Instead of 6 items I only had 4 and 2 knees pads,1 elbow and 1 wrist guard which was size smaller then the rest Seriously, I was pissed. Wait for so long and get that.As I've sent my angry email back to them I was advised to CALL now to Costumer service to solve THEIR problem. I did however already order another set cause I've got fed up of waiting. So when I've called them finally the guy who answers the phone was quite attentive and advised me to ship the whole thing back to them AGAIN so they can replaced it with proper package. I've decided to get one for my sister anyway so I did send it back. That already cost me 8 $. So , no refund from smaller size and two shippings payment made it cost almost double. At least I did get it all right this 3rd time in 5 days after.
And I only lived an hour away from them , imagine if it was all across the States I have no idea of how much I would and up paying eventually. So , yeah, you must really carefully chose your size not to get in to serious predicament like this. Or better yet , just walk in to nearby sport store and get one there.
On this happy note I just wanna mention that I had few other orders with Paragon and had no problems whatsoever, But all probably because of the right choices I made from the first try.
I really hope they will be more respectful to their costumers next time they will have to replace stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars good purchase, April 23, 2010
This review is from: Rollerblade Pro Gear 3 Pack (Sports)
I'm a size 2 (5'5) and after reading customers' reviews where another size2 woman said the small size was too tight even for her 13 year old daughter, I decided to get the medium. I would have gotten a small intuitively. The medium Knee pads fit well (over a pair of jeans), as well as the wrist guards, but the elbow pads are a bit too loose on light clothing or bare arms, if I'm wearing fall/ winter clothing like a fleece sweater then it seems fine. Seems like they've got the knee pads a size too small for the size they sell. The wrist guards have "bars" not the pads which is not ideal but alright for me. I also wished they published the size chart which would help with decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars XL...unless you're a leprechaun, September 7, 2010
Tony "To NY" (Queens, NY USA) - See all my reviews
If you're a guy, you will probably need the XL. I'd say 95% of men will use that size.
I'm 5'9" and under 200lb. I bought the Large and had to return it.
The wrist guards were too tight the knee pads were not even close. My knuckle might have fit in the elbow pad. Even though the XL cost $5 more, I had to make the switch.

If you're looking for quality and value, after searching the internet, you will end up purchasing this Rollerblade product from Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars too small, January 28, 2008

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., August 5, 2012
It's a nice gear, but it was very hard for me to guess the size and, of course, it turned out to be too big for a 12 years old kid.
You should publish a size chart in order to make it easier for your customers

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!, April 30, 2012
Okay, these things do a great job of protecting your hands and wrists. 20+ years of inline skating here, I think I can call myself an expert.

But here's the problem: I landed on one of these things in a sideways orientation and BROKE A RIB. This is due to the "sharp" point around the thumb area.

I consider myself in this situation to be a pioneer of finding out "unintended consequences". The design is obviously great in terms of hand protection, and I have physically tested that aspect of the product a number of times.

Had this wreck one day, landed on my chest, with the "point" facing right at my torso, broke a rib. What a bummer, safety equipment producing an unintended consequence... I'll give full praise to how this product protects hands though...

I am going back to an earlier style of wristguard with a narrow plate - these things did just fine back in the early 90's when I started.

This is not a rant against Rollerblade - I've used their products a number of times over the years and have generally felt satisfied. Furthermore, in terms of HAND PROTECTION they have a good thing here, no dispute there. But this design (and I fully admit this was kind of a freak accident) poses a true hazard to your ribs if you manage to crash land on the thing sideways (like I did).

Fellow skaters: Stick with a more narrow "armor plate". They do the job 95% as good and won't ever break your ribs...

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed in Rollerblade protective gear, October 7, 2011
I've had rollerblades for years and years and had Rollerblade branded protective gear that was reasonably comfortable and of good quality.
I purchased this set in large for my 13 year old son. I purchased a larger size based on other reviews. It was still on the small side for a 130 pound youth. Just as bad is that the gear itself is of low quality. Unless you're trying to save every last dollar, it's not worth going for this set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe when Rollerblading, August 2, 2010
I am not fond of wearing all the gear when I am Rollerblading, but it is something that we must do. When I am wearing the Rollerblade PRO 3 protective gear, I am not bothered that much, as they feel comfortable. I always wear the wrist guard as they are not constraining and I soon forget that I am wearing them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is wrong, August 30, 2010
This review is from: Rollerblade Pro Gear 3 Pack (Sports)
I ordered a size medium and they were too small. I think they are sized for children even though it states that they are for adults.I have returned this item and ordered Triple 8 protective gear elsewhere.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›