5.0 out of 5 stars baby likes Oawald:)
Published 9 months ago by joe

3.0 out of 5 stars My kid likes this show
My daughter used to watch this show when she was younger & wanted to see it again. She seemed to enjoy it. It has a kind of Dante's Inferno vibe to me.
Published 7 months ago by Shemp

5.0 out of 5 stars baby likes Oawald:), January 16, 2014
the series is set in a colorful world populated by a cast of anthropomorphic animals, mythological creatures, or humanoid beings resembling plants or vegetables and follows the daily experiences of an anthropomorphic blue octopus named Oswald, accompanied by his beloved pet dachshund (designed as a hot dog) appropriately named Weenie and their life in the cheerful and whimsically-designed community of Big City. Commonly, the program concentrates on Oswald's experiences with friends, acquaintances, and neighbors—including Henry, a talking penguin and Daisy, a humanoid, anthropomorphic daisy, among others—and his patient methods of coping with or tolerating different average situations or dilemmas, along with his thoroughly positive, optimistic outlook on life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful!, July 10, 2011
This review is from: Oswald Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
I can't remember how I came across this little gem of a show but it certainly was quite a find. It is a calming, sweet, endearing show with characters that represent different personality types that all manage to get along quite nicely and teaches great lessons on friendship and kindness. My 3 year old son who normally watches Blue's Clues and Caillou, the positive Caillou only, has been very fond of this show from the start. It calms him down and he can lay still for an entire two shows no problem. He'd watch more but we have to put a limit. I highly recommend this adorable show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oswald is great pre-schoolers show, June 23, 2013
Our four pre-schoolers and we love Oswald! It's a calming show with no violence that really holds their attention. I'm so glad we found it among the other great kids shows on Amazon Instant Video.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect gentleman, Oswald, January 19, 2014
Chris McCray (Daytona Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
I occasionally put Oswald on for my four year old. I don't mind watching it with him because the writers cleverly put in a variety of personalities and challenges that we all face. The overall tone is very calm and slower-paced, a perfect polar opposite to today's OCD world of crazy, flashy toons. Oswald always tips his hat to passers-by, even animals. He upholds the greatest respect to everyone, even those who try to bring him down.

I highly recommend Oswald to anyone who doesn't want their child to act like a lunatic, imitating their favorite cartoons. If they choose to mimic Oswald, the world would be a much better place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oswald is relaxing, June 30, 2013
I love the "pace" of Oswald. It is one of the few cartoons I will sit and watch with my grandkids. It captivates my three year old granddaughter and I love watching her watch it. It is so unlike so many of the fast and furious type cartoons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Endearing Show with a Positive Message, November 20, 2013
This show is so sweet. My 3-year-old son loves it. Oswald is an octopus that has a variety of friends (a penguin, flower, snowman, butterfly, among others). The show is really just about Oswald having adventures and interacting with his friends during his day. I saw that a couple of the reviews said it could teach more. It doesn't really teach things like numbers and letters but I think there are a lot of lessons to be learned here. It has problem solving, but more importantly, it teaches about how to interact with others. In one episode a big dragon, Pongo, joins the show. He is so big that he really doesn't fit in but in the end, Pongo finds his place on the show (and becomes one of the regular characters). There is a lot of kindness on this show and no violence which is a big plus. It is one of those shows that my husband and I don't mind watching. I really recommend it for younger children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show for Little Ones, July 1, 2013
My son is 3.5 years old and finds the show entertaining. It is humerous yet has good lessons on each episode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle Show, February 10, 2013
This is a very calming show for little ones. Even my 5 year old likes the "soothingness" of it. Catchy little jingles and lots of polite conversation in this show. I enjoy watching myself. Wish Amazon had more seasons through Amazon prime for free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, January 25, 2013
My two year old son loves Oswald. Oswald teaching super lesson to the kids about life and friendship. Great show!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves Oswald, January 14, 2013
I bought this for my 2 year old to watch on the kindle. She loves Oswald's dog Weenie. My son also grew up watching the show and was a big fan.