Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rolling Coaster Car - Groovy Green
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Groovy Green|Change
Price:$47.99 - $88.95

on December 14, 2009
I bought two of these for my children in 2007. At the time, my boy was six and my girl was three. It took a little while for them to master the technique of propelling the car. It took my son a short while, and my daughter several months, but once they learned to ride this car, they really loved it. Unfortunately, after a little over a year, the steering wheel on both cars became stripped, and without the steering wheel, there is no way to drive the car. Even before the steering wheels became unusable, they came off and had to be reattached a few times. We left the cars outside--sometimes in shade and sometimes not--the whole time, so that might or might not have anything to do with the steering wheel problem. I tend to think not. I think it was just the design of the cars, coupled with the great amount of time that the kids were using them.

Having said that, I am purchasing five of these this year for Christmas presents: Two for my kids, and three for my grandkids (all between the ages of five and eight). The kids loved them so much, and they really hated to see me throw them away, even after they were unusable.

So, all in all, a great toy, but if they are used a lot, don't expect them to last for years.
on January 12, 2009
We ordered two of these coaster cars for my two y/o and three y/o nephews.They arrived on time and as promised.There was"some assembly required",but very minimal.I had them both put together in about 1/2 hour.As soon as they were ready,all the adults had to try them to see if they would really go just by moving the steering wheel back and forth.They did. The kids play with them all the time.The adults are no longer allowed to.All in all a good purchase,everyone is happy with them.
on November 7, 2011
I got this product 3 years ago and my kids are still using it. In fact, I get on it myself to ride with my daughter because she couldn't control it at 3 years old (170 lbs. + 25 lbs). My daughter was able to ride on her own at 4 and loves it. Children visitors love it as well. It keeps them busy for hours so the parents can enjoy the visit. You do need space to be able to fully enjoy it. The only small problem I have repeated is the front wheel that connects to the steering wheel. Minor adjustment needed every now and then due to dis-alignment from heavy usage. Its simple though. For the price and the mileage I got out of it, plus leaving it outdoor 365 days a year...it's amazing that it still works. I recommend.
on August 25, 2015
My five year old is a HUGE fan of her plasma car. She has toppled it over a few times when taking turns too fast, but she has learned how to control it better. She wiggles around in it and can go uphill with it as well! Great fun in the driveway, or on neighborhood streets.

I also like that it can stand up on its back wheels, so it makes it a bit easier to store in a crowded garage.
on December 4, 2012
Her 5-yr. old sister is skating and learning to ride a bike, so I wanted to get her something that she could ride on at her age. She took to it right away. Now we're contemplating getting one for her sister so they'll stop fighting over this one.
on June 6, 2015
Precious 8 r old grandson Down Syndrome loved getting it for Christmas & had fun riding it in house & outside. Was going to get one for 3 yr old grandson from another family too, but his parents already ordered one few days before. Purchased few years ago for another grandson - sons or older siblings have ridden on it with their child - holds 250lbs!
on April 10, 2014
I was pleasantly surprised at just how much rough-housing this coaster car can take! My son and his friends gather their coaster cars (these boys range in age from 11 to 13) and race downhill; going off ramps and banging into each other like bumper cars to knock each other off course! It is not uncommon to see these boys carrying around their coaster cars to different obstacles. My son loves it and it was definitely worth the money spent. It is quite sturdy and I would recommend it!
on June 21, 2016
we have two different plasma cars (both off brand) and this is the much nicer quality one. The wheels are more like rollerblade wheels and not hard plastic. They roll smoothly and quietly. My sons fight over who will get to ride this one.
on June 22, 2015
My five girls love love love these. Before we ruined their racetrack, they used them to race around the unfinished basement. Now they use them to race around our driveway. Wheels have held up for four years. Always have an extra for friends!
on March 23, 2012
We purchased this for our 3 year old son as a gift. He has wanted one for awhile. Be ware...This is apparently NOT the actual "plasma car" and ours does not work at all. It was shipped in original made in China box in parts and says "Coaster Car Schwervy.com". The only markings on the actual "Coaster Car" are "made in China", so this seems to be a defective knock off and a complete waste of money. Incredibly disappointed! You get what you pay for...This was the cheapest one on Amazon and had free shipping. Now, we know why!!! Do not make the same mistake that we did...Do your research and pay the extra money for an actual "Plasma Car."