on December 14, 2004
Format: Paperback
Robert Draper's Rolling Stone Magazine: The Uncensored Story is a stunning testament to the magazine which helped herald in an era, and has been here ever since. This book isn't about the artists that were covered; instead it's more about the staff, the writers, th editors, and especially founder Jann Wenner, almost biographically so.

Now out of the 60's came many things good and bad but in the late 60's Rolling Stone the magazine was formed. However it's never that simple and Draper conveys that well. With inside information due to hundreds of interviews and just some good research he pieces together what life was like behind the cover.

My only fault is that I wish this book could have been written in 2004 instead of 1990 so that I could learn about recent events. Overall this is a great book and I highly recommend it for musicians, journalists, and any Rolling Stone magazine avid fans out there.
on February 28, 2006
Format: Paperback
This fantastic book tells the tale of one of America's most successful publiciations while simultaneously chronicling its seedy underbelly. You'll laugh at the hijinks of Hunter S. Thompson one minute and get infuriated by the way editor in chief Jann Wenner chooses to treat fellow human beings the next. I highly recommend it for ANYONE who is interested in the music industry, the magazine world or fine music writing in general. It's a shame that this book is out of print, but on the upside, you can get a pretty cheap used copy without much trouble. A great read.
on January 12, 2013
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
I really wish someone would have put "library copy" in the description somewhere. "Used-good" does not imply that "Such-and-such Library" will be stamped all over the sides and there will be a rough cover.
Other than that, the shipping was quick and the book seems to be in decent condition. I believe I scored a first-edition print too.