Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Pearl Jam forum

Rolling Stone review

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2006 7:07:05 AM PDT
J. Baker says:
Just got my new issue in the mail, and what's the first thing I see on the cover? "Pearl Jam: Best Album in 10 Years". I honestly can't say how happy I am to see this. And, getting 4 stars. Wow.....that's all I can say. May 2nd is going to be a great day, what with this coming out (best album in 10 YEARS!!!!!) AND Tool's new album...I think I'm gonna pass out from all the excitement.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2006 8:16:01 AM PDT
Spencer Cox says:
i totally agree - i cannot wait for this day to come! i have to admit I'm a little more psyched about tool (five years waiting!), but i've been along the ride with pj since ten, and can't wait to hear more of the new record.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2006 9:43:42 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 28, 2009 9:41:57 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2006 12:53:42 PM PDT
TW says:
Hey you all, I have heard the new Pearl Jam through a stream, it is incredible! I would call it the best Pearl Jam ever released, it's their, "Exile on Main Street" it is going to blow you guys away! The bad thing, I only get to listen to the stream 5 times, Tuesday can't get here any faster. Now, I am not some teenager who just discovered Pearl Jam, been with them as long as most of you have. I think I was 17 when Ten came out, still in high school, the Singles Soundtrack, Temple of the Dog and Mother Love Bone. This new album sounds to be the most mature that they have made, with all instruments sounding perfect, every second of the album.

Don't be too psyched about the Tool one you all. It did grow on me a little by the fifth listen (stream), but there is a lot of filler in it. Nonetheless, the Pearl Jam is great as soon as you hear it. And, if you like RHCP, their new one also sounds great, only got 2 streams on it, but it is going to be another great album also. Maybe the Tool will grow on me by summer or so and that would make this year one of the best years that music has seen!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2006 5:28:31 PM PDT
I've heard the album and the Rolling Stone review is dead on: their best, most complete, most consistent record in *years*. Get ready.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2006 5:12:06 AM PDT
M. Daneker says:
I've got the record, and it's like a direct follow-up to Vitology. Guys really have thier second wind. Let's hope they don't loose for #9, I'd hate to see this be a fluke and have "no code 2" come next. If you pre-order from pearl jam dot com you can download at midnight monday / tuesday.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2006 10:43:57 AM PDT
J. Baker says:
I usually take RS reviews with a grain of salt, but I just had a good feeling about this one. I've been waiting on this cd for four years, so hearing that it's being recieved so well just makes me want it even more. I've heard people call this the year of the "comeback", what with PJ, Tool, and RHCP coming out with cd's this year. I'm reminded of one of the all time classic songs from an artist that has nothing in common with these bands. That song would be "Mama said knock you out". "Don't call it a comeback". Very fitting, for this year especially. All I can say is that it's a good year for music.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pearl Jam forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Apr 26, 2006
Latest post:  Apr 27, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam by Pearl Jam (Audio CD - 2006)
4.2 out of 5 stars (401)