‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, heartstopping page-turner!, December 4, 2012
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Roman, the Twelve and the King (The Epic Order of the Seven) (Paperback)
I am 12 years old, and recently I got The Roman, the Twelve, & the King. Upon reading it in less than 4 days, I have concluded that it is the best book of the series yet! The characterization is fantastic, and my emotions went through some serious testing during Jesus' crucifixion, though I had laugh-out-loud moments too, for example when Jesus let Al know that he knew who he really was. I love books like this one- that people won't be able to put down, and one that tests a person's emotions, making them laugh one moment and then cry the next! I noticed once I received this book that each one is longer than the last! As I read through Jesus' crucifixion, I found myself really thinking about His sacrifice not just for everybody, but for me!! I loved how Ms. Cote brought the Star coin in and out of the story, and also brought Antonius' family into this book. I had missed baby Armandus, and now he's come back as a full-grown man! Nigel has been and remains my favorite character, and now at times at home I have to resist the urge to speak in a British accent. Another of my favorite parts in this book is when Herod says to Jesus, "Did you escape my father's sword?" and Nigel says, "YOU BETTER BELIEVE HE DID!" Jenny Cote took the story of Jesus and made it a heartstopping page-turner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Yet!, December 2, 2012
This is Mrs. Cote's best book yet! I have read all of her books and by far each one is better than the last! Her way with words is amazing and this book has made me believe as nothing else can. I highly recommend reading all of her books! She is my favorite author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Epic Read!, February 20, 2014
In the The Roman, the Twelve, and the King, the second book in the Epic Order of the Seven series, Jenny Cote brings you back to almost 2,000 years ago. Max, Kate, Liz, Al, and Nigel are sent on a mission to help G. F. Handel with his masterpiece, the Messiah. To get inspired for the upcoming music the team, along with their new teammate, are sent back into the time when Jesus lived among us. Watching as he feeds thousands, heals the blind, lame, and many other miracles, the team is excited as they see the Messiah come and share about God's love after centuries of waiting to see the many prophecies be fulfilled.

It is definitely an EPIC read, and as Nigel would say, "It just takes the biscuit!"

The Roman, the Twelve, and the King is really an amazing book, as you feel like you're right there as Jesus teaches and heals thousands, along with His trusty animals.
Jenny Cote has done an awesome job with this book, probably the best one she's written so far. The characters in her book are funny, smart, and would be awesome pals to have around. :) Each member on the Epic Order of the Seven has a personality that makes you fall in love with them, and as some of them learn to face their fears, and to trust Jesus through it all, you get to "see" the most important time in history, the life of Jesus.
The Roman, the Twelve, and the King is definitely a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars For my son, February 5, 2014
I purchased the first book in the series hoping my son woup like it , well he loved it. He was looking forward to the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!, January 27, 2014
Chad (ANAHEIM, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
I finished this book in a few days, but after that, I read it around 20 to 50 more times! It was that good! I seriously recomend it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these books!!!!, January 19, 2014
These are awesome books! At first the beginnig with Handel made me a little surpised, but that I've read the whole thing I love book . Its sooo cool how Jesus, oh wait, I don't wanna ruin the story for you. This book is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best bedtime stories to read your children, November 5, 2013
D. Spencer (Austin, Texas) - See all my reviews
I read this book to my 7 year old son nightly, and it was wonderful. This book will actually make you cry, especially reading aloud the last chapter before the epilogue. Wonderful bedtime story experience. Can't wait for the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favorite family book, October 25, 2013
This book is well written and covers stories and historical facts of the bible in a way enjoyed by children and leaves them wanting more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Her Best Work Yet!!!, April 14, 2013
I got this book for a Christmas gift. Out of her four works (everyone fabulous by the way) this is my absolute favorite. Not only does she make you laugh, she also makes you cry. This really opened my eyes about some of the suffering Christ had to go through for me! While I am a Christian, it is always good to remember what my God has done for me. Jenny Cote though does not preach by any means. She tells a story and you fall to your knees by the end praising God for how good He is. Thank you, Ms. Cote. Your story has encouraged and uplifted me. I am so excited for your next book coming out next Febuary. I also thoroughly intend to reread your other books while I wait and tell my friends about how great this book it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath Taking!!!!, March 25, 2013
This book is breath taking!!!!!! I can't believe how real the words are!!!!!!!! It is amazing how Jenny catches parts in history and mixes them with fun loving animals who play important rolls. This book will make your heart pound for sure!!!!! Jesus's crucifixion is so popping it is like 3D!!!!! Everybody who reads this book will be left gaping in awe.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Roman, the Twelve and the King (The Epic Order of the Seven)
The Roman, the Twelve and the King (The Epic Order of the Seven) by Jenny L. Cote (Paperback - October 23, 2012)
$14.99 $11.64