Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

Romance books with mates and/or fated Hero and heroine

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2010 2:16:55 PM PDT
Susie says:
Suggestions anyone? Looking for good romance books where H/h are mates and/or fated (doesn't necessarily have to be a werewolf type story). I especially loved A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole and I like Rebecca York's Moon series as well. I have enjoyed reading most of Lora Leigh's Breeds series too. Thanks and I apologize a head of time if there has already been a previous discussion on these same topic.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2010 6:53:36 AM PDT
In a way, Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld meets this requirement. The demons in the men are usuaully soothed or inexplicably drawn to something in the women, like they were meant only for each other. Besides that aspect, the books are very steamy, the men very alpha, and I wait impatiently for new ones to come out. If you like IAD, you will probably like LOTU; the writing styles are similar. The Darkest Night (Hqn)

Posted on Aug 30, 2010 5:17:16 AM PDT
Christy says:
Wow, I can't believe no one has mentioned The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward! Talk about hot, hot, hot with unbelievable characters and most definitely fated heroes and heroines! If you've loved Cole and Showalter then you're in for a huge treat if you've not read Ward's books! Happy reading!!

Posted on Sep 8, 2010 8:37:35 PM PDT
S. weiler says:
You should check out cl wilsons tairen soul series, the first one is Lord of the Fading Lands It is a 5 book series with the 5th one due out in Oct/Nov time frame about a fae king who meets his true mate. This is one of my all time favorite series.

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 4:11:55 PM PDT
I've been noticing this a LOT lately in PNR! It seems to be a popular trend: the hero recognizes his destined mate as soon as he gets a whiff of her. It seems to be most prevalent among shifter books, but it's not uncommon among heroes who are demons or fae.... Just a few series/authors that meet this criterion, off the top of my head:

Most (all?) of the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole (A HUNGER LIKE NO OTHER, which you mention, is the first; but the others are even better, IMO)
The Riley Jensen series by Keri Arthur (although the concept of soul mates isn't as romantic here as it is in other PNR. After all, what happens if you loathe your soul mate?)
Pretty much everything by Shelly Laurenston
Pretty much everything by Dana Marie Bell

My favorite series with mates (though they're not fated): The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs (starts with Moon Called (Mercy Thompson) and the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews (starts with Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1). Oh! and the Kitty Norville series (starts with Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, Book 1). Can't remember if the mate pairing is fated or not here.). And... oh, too many good ones to list!

Happy reading!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 4:40:42 PM PST
I agree this is one of the best fantasy love series ever!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 27, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark Series, Book 8)
Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark Series, Book 8) by Kresley Cole (Mass Market Paperback - August 24, 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars (327)