Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rome
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

• Rome
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 20, 2011
This album came up in my recommended items on Amazon and while I did not recognize the composers I did some research on them and I do know who Norah Jones and Jack White are (Jack White being one of my favorite musicians) and found that these composers worked with some of my favorite artists. I then went on to listen to the CD and loved what I heard from the preview clips. My mother was behind me and said it reminded her of the spaghetti western music she used to enjoy in old western movies and sure enough Daniele Luppi was inspired by that sound and incorporated it into the album. All in all it's a great album and I haven't found a track on it that I didn't like.
on June 3, 2011
I have to agree with Jeff on this one. Classic Edda del-Orso this isn't. Class Alessandroni this isn't. Norah Jones's tracks are good Norah Jones but poor Spaghetti Western. I am not sure how Burton could take the original muscicians, an original studio, and inspiration from some of Morricone's classic soundtracks and then created something so distant from what one would expect from the Maestro himself. I have always been amazed that so few composers, Italians included, have been able to sustain the Morricone sound for an entire movie, even when they are trying really hard to imitate his sound. These people couldn't do it for 35 minutes (although I admit they really weren't trying to imitate, only pay tribute). Having said all of that, the album bears repeated listening and fans of spaghetti western music could do worse (Jim Zorn, anyone?).
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2012
This album was my first foray into Danger Mouse, and I absolutely love it. The more times I have listened, the more addicted I get. The sounds are just perfect. Norah Jones and Jack White are so well places with the music. Best album purchase in YEARS!
on June 13, 2011
What an amazing album! This transcends generations. Musically, emotionally and beyond. I encourage watching the documentary as to how this album was conceived, produced and recorded.
on May 17, 2011
This album is absolutely amazing. Every track has a unique feel that will get you swaying back and forth.
Since I got the album I haven't stopped listening.
on May 29, 2011
I'm not a huge Dangermouse fan, so I was surprised how much I enjoyed this record. I tried to pick it up on record store day, but it was gone before I got to the front of the line (ten minutes after the store opened). It was definitely worth the wait, though. Jack White and Norah Jones make the album. Check out my full review at [...]
on June 27, 2011
I love this CD. Every song is haunting and beautiful and lives up to the beautiful city of Rome. I give it five stars!
on August 3, 2011
Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi creates a conceptual album. Surprisingly it works! I love the idea of making this record like they did during those times when singers are real singers and composers are as passionate as they can get unlike now where everything must be in auto-tune rubbish land.

Listening to this is like watching a great piece of cinema with a pair of ears. An auditory landscape of pure bliss.

Critics always say Jack White can't carry a tune but he proves them wrong as evident in "Rome". Norah Jones suddenly sounds oh-so-seductive. This will not be appreciated by the massess and the critics, as usual. Well, that's their loss. Clean your ears properly and listen to this cd through the headphones while staring at the clouds. It is a beautiful nightmare.
on August 5, 2011
Kind of weary when I heard this was coming out . Initially decided not to buy but changed my mind when I heard Jack White's 2 against 1 . Really like that track . Enjoy the
western music too. You can't help but envision Clint Eastwood. The music suggests scenes from Cowboy Movies , especially the Man with no Name. The music also borrows from The Moody Blues and
Pink Floyd at times ( some small pieces - not the majority ) . I put this on for the first time today while in the car and it was great driving music . If you want some relaxing new music , you may like this . Give it a shot .
on April 7, 2014
Some great people working on the project. The theme is cool and done to perfection. My only issue is that it is a thematic piece which requires the listener to be in a certain mood to appreciate it.