Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ronco 6000 Series Rotisserie, Black
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 30, 2011
First, the shipping box as delivered by UPS was in [perfect] shape; next, all product components were in the box, including DVD, Instruction Book, and other accessories. Note: The DVD had worked its way 'under' the bottom flap of the shipping box. Moreover, Amazon/UPS delivered on date promised.

Easy set up and function, just slide the chrome heat reflector against the inside back wall of the unit and you are ready to go. I reviewed the Ronco on-line product manual [prior] to receipt of my order, so I was fully familiar with the product upon delivery.

Just cooked a (brined) 5.5 lb. whole chicken to try it out, and it came out perfect, following the recommended cooking time.

I am really looking forward to cooking the Thanksgiving turkey on it later in November, wherein I will have my range oven freed up for other items; thus making holiday meal preparation a lot easier and more efficient.

While I will use it on the kitchen counter most of the time; for holidays with larger meals, I will set it up on a stand/table on our outside patio, so as to free up more kitchen counter space.

Great product and great price at Amazon! I am sure we will use this machine multiple times each week, primarily for chicken and roasts!

UPDATE: I am posting an update since I purchased the product--Well, yesterday I cooked our Thanksgiving turkey on the Ronco 6000, and the result was fabulous!!
This was easily the best turkey I have ever been able to prepare at Thanksgiving time!!

Even though you can cook up to a 23 lb. bird on this unit, I went with an 18.5 lb. turkey, and it cooked to perfection in just 2.5 hours. I tied the bird as directed and also added one string along the length of the bird, to secure the lateral strings to it, and I achieved perfect positioning and no loosening of any of the wing or leg parts, while on the rotisserie. The turkey cooked to a perfect color on the outside and the meat came out so moist and flavorful, with just basic seasoning in the cavity and on the outside, which I had also rubbed down with some canola oil. Note: I did not brine this bird, it was not necessary.

Not only did I achieve a perfectly cooked turkey, I freed counter space (I placed the unit on my back patio) and regular oven space for a more easily planned meal preparation.

Thank you Ronco and Amazon, for a great product and great price!! I give this product 5 stars or a solid 'A'!!!

One more UPDATE (Nov. 30, 2011):

My wife and I cooked a boneless rolled pork shoulder roast on the machine tonight.

It came out so flavorful and moist. Moreover, I cut the super market strings and opened up the roast and put some freshly chopped garlic and onion along with some Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper inside; then I rerolled the roast and retied it with my butcher twine. Again, this was the best pork roast we have ever cooked; as to flavor, tenderness, and moistness of the meat. I am so impressed with this machine and method of cooking. Note also, at the conclusion of the cooking time, I put in on heat-off roatation for about 30-45 minutes, to allow it to cool down and rest while still on the rotisserie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE (February 21, 2012:

Near the end of December, I was cooking an 8 lb. roast, and I heard a loud noise, and observed that the spit rods with the meat had dropped to one side after cooking for about ten minutes.

I shut down the machine and pulled the spit and the meat out of the unit and observed that the small plastic hub-knob at the end of the removable spit wheel, had snapped off; this is the plastic part which supports the spit rod end and allows it to rotate within the interior wall of the rotisserie. Upon close inspection, it is obvious that the small plastic hubs which support the ends of the spit rod units within the machine, are secured with a small/thin flared rivet, which is obviously too weak to support the load--even a load well within the advertised weight limits of the machine.

I phoned the Ronco customer service number and after being on hold for nearly 15 minutes, I was told that since I had not yet registered my product she could not help me, and that I had to first go online and register and then call back. I did that, but when I called back the customer service office was closed (4:00pm pst). I called back the next day and I was on hold for over 20 minutes, when the customer service line disconnected and a recording advised me that they were now closed for the day.

I got busy and did not call back for a few more days, and when I did, I was referred to another number as the representative told me I was calling an order number and not the parts dept number. I then called the new number and was on hold for over 20 minutes again and finally I had to hang up as I had to get my daughter at school. A day or two later I called back (the new number) and I got a recording which said the staff was on vacation and to call back the following week.

I called back the following week and was on hold again for a long time and I hung up in frustration. I called again, most recently on February 14, 2012 and after only a minute or two, I got a representative on the phone and she advised me that they were a new contract company now handling the Ronco account. I told her of my frustration and she apologized, but told me that they were out of stock on 6000 Pro parts and machines and she had no information as to when new parts would be in. She asked me for my ID info to pull up my warranty account info, but after many minutes of searching, she could not even locate ay record of my warranty in her system (note I provided her my date of purchase, my name, model number, and that I purchased it via Amazon) however, she could not find my file.

The representative took my name, phone number, and email address and told me that she would speak to a supervisor and absolutely PROMISED to get back to me the next day (2/15/12) with an answer to my issue and getting a replacement part, so I could again use my unit.

Well, here it is a full week later (2/21/12) and I have [not] heard another word from Ronco customer service!!!!

Bottom line, when it works, it works/cooks great, but it is obviously not well built; moreover, Ronco customer service is obviously non-exisitent! They have many roadblocks in place to just make you go away should you have a problem.

I am ready to just toss the entire unit in the trash.

FYI: As of 4/5/12 I still have not heard another word from Ronco customer service; most likely I never will! I think this company currently is not what it may have been, in earlier times?
66 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 26, 2011
I've had this oven for about two years now and it always works great. I've made mostly roasted chickens (the recipe Ronco provides is fantasic!)but I have made a roast beef (prefer crock pot, though)and used the basket for chicken legs that turned out great!

This year I used it to make the Thanksgiving turkey. Now, I have done this once before a couple of years ago and it didn't go well. Ronco claims this series can hold "up to" a 24 pound turkey, but I would not recommend you not try anything over 18 pounds. I bought a 20 pound turkey the first time, and there was a problem when the turkey was touching the heating element as it tried to turn. This year, I only needed a very small turkey; a 10 pound turkey that turned out very nicely. I plan on doing it again next year and going just a bit bigger.

Ronco also claims it can roast four chickens. Those are going to have to be some pretty small chickens. I can see three 4-5 pound chickens fitting easily on the rods, but four?? It's going to be a very tight squeeze. I've done two six pound chickens and they were delish.

Highly recommended.
on December 29, 2011
I was very excited to receive this for Christmas. I read all the instructions and watched the video. I assembled according to instructions and put my roast on to cook. To my great shock, the second time I opened the door, the glass part of the door separated from the frame. Seems when the glue that was used to attach the glass to the frame became hot, it came apart. For $150+ dollars, I expect more than this. I am returning this junk and will just continue to buy my chicken already cooked from the store! So disappointed!
on November 18, 2011
I just ordered this 11/14/11 and used it for the first time tonight. I did 2 chickens - 4.5 lbs each for 90 minutes. The whole family loved it. It was very easy to use and clean up. The description does not say the spit rod assembly and gloves are included but fear not, they come with the unit along with everything else that is listed. I am looking forward to trying more things out. It will be cooking a turkey in it for Thanksgiving. ***One thing was slightly disappointing was the door is much harder to remove and re-insert than it should be. The left side is wedged in pretty tightly and it's a bit of struggle to deal with. I double checked the instructions to make sure I was doing it properly and I was but it seems it will be a bit of a wrestling match. Maybe the plastic groove than it slides into will loosen up with repeated efforts.
on December 8, 2011
This thing cooked our 15lbs. Thanksgiving Turkey with ease. It says it will do up to a 23-25lbs. turkey but I am skeptical after seeing a 15lbs. one in the compartment. Total cook time from cold start was 2.5 hours but I think I overcooked it seeing as I didn't have a meat thermometer at the time to check it. I think it would have been fine at 2 hours. Pretty darn good for a 15 pounder. Freed up our oven for all the other goodies.

It gives off a lot of heat so I would suggest setting aside some room in the garage or somewhere the heat will not cause issue in the house.
on December 13, 2011
We had a horrible experience with this machine. The turkey ""fell out"" of the machine mid grilling.
It broke the door. It seems to me it is put together poorly. We returned the machine.
on January 20, 2012
What I had in mind was a more compact version, but they were all sold out so I got this one for a little more $. I hoped it would fit on a counter top. Its actually slightly bigger than a large microwave, and so we use it in the garage. It also smokes alot, so we couldn't use it in the house if we wanted to. I suppose you could set it up on the stove beneath the exhaust hood. Other than that, it roasts food very well. You can't really roast vegetables under the drippings however, they will be raw with the side closest to the coil being burnt.

This one holds a 25 lb turkey, or 4 small roaster chickens, to help give you a feel for the size.
on March 25, 2012
I bought this product for my mother for Christmas a few years back. I have had one for almost 7 years. Mine has worked great but my mothers rotisserie had the front glass explode. It shot glass all over her kitchen. No one was injured but be forewarned that if this happened once it could happen again.
on December 8, 2011
not enough depth in the unit to handle 13lb up roast or turkey without extreme efforts to tie down the meat so it does not touch the heat element.

more depth in the unit would solve this problem.
on November 3, 2012
I have only used the rotisserie once and it seems to work fine. My complaint is with Data Master LLC. When I received the rotisserie the box was very battered so I photograghed it just in case the contents were damaged. When opened it became apparent that this was not the first time this rotisserie had been sent out. It was packaged haphazardly and not put correctly back into the box. The reason it was returned was obvious. The spit rods would not fit into their holders right. The person or persons who received it prior to myself hadn't been able to put it together either. From the appearance of the rods they had even tried pounding them in. My husband was able to file and straighten the rods so they fit in correctly. I wanted to wait until I used it before writing a review. Any company that is willing to resell a returned item without checking it out will have a hard time getting me to buy anything else from them.