Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 3, 2008
I did some research online and figured I'd give this rotisserie a try. I love it. I just tried it today for lunch. I followed the very simple instructions and my chicken came out perfect; juicy, moist, tender with the perfect golden glow. Since this was my first try, I wanted to see what it would taste like if I didn't use any spices or butter. It tasted like chicken you would get at a 5 star dinner. No salt or anything, nothing was added and it was great! The meat pulled right off of the bone. If you have a loved one that's not so great in the kitchen yet you like a great meal, get them this as a gift just because you love them and or your stomach.

I found it easy to clean after it cooled down just a little but I wouldn't wait to clean it after setting around for awhile as I can see how it could harden and be much harder to clean the grease. Because it was still warm, all I had to do was use a warm, wet cloth to wipe away the grease from the clear door and sides. I used foil inside the drip try which got tossed out with gease and all.
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2012
The Ronco ST30001SSGEN Showtime compact rotisserie oven was a purchase I made after great deliberation and research. Amazon had a very reasonable price and a good selection. This particular model I chose to purchase because it is not as large as the full sized version, which would have taken up half my moderately sized kitchen. That being said, it does still take up a considerable amount of counter space, so I suggest having somewhere to store it when not in use.

Overall, the device works very well and cooks just about any meat in a reasonable amount of time and with very little preparation. A few words of warning to any prospective buyers:

This is an easy to set up and cook device, NOT an easy to clean device. I purchased this SS version because I thought it would be stainless steel. Please note, the outside is, the inside walls are, the other bits are not. The basket, spit, and drip tray has a nonstick coating which, anyone who has used something with this before can tell you, doesn't ever live up to its name. The glass front door comes off, which is good since it gets rather dirty and the drip tray is a fairly easy clean as well. The spit isn't horribly difficult, but the coating began peeling off the first time I cleaned it. The basket is a whole other story. I had to soak it several times over and then scrub it ruthlessly in order to get it clean. Still cooked a good meal, and I will continue to use the basket, but it is a pain.

Even having read the entire manual and watching the video, I did not realize that the statement 'don't use bar-b-q sauce till the last 10 to 15 minutes' was an imperative and not a suggestion. Do NOT use any kind of marinade or basting sauce that has sugar in it! It will severely burn the meat in about half the time it should be cooking.

The video is about the most mind numbing thing I've ever seen and is filled with back to back product advertisements from the manufacturer. Watch at your own risk. The manual on the other hand, is very informative and handy. I do suggest reading it thoroughly before use.

There really is no way to 'stop' the machine prematurely. The dial is not made to turn in reverse. Do not try it, I broke mine the first time I used it because I wanted to stop the timer as the meat was done. I suppose you're just supposed to let it 'no heat rotate' until the timer runs out. Not really sure on this one.

Overall, this is a decent little product that I will continue to use in my home. Hope these little insights help you out in your decision!
on April 4, 2008
First, let me say, this cooker makes the best darned chicken I have ever had. However, the first time I used mine, numerous BBs appeared in the drip tray. Thought it was a fluke but there they were the second time as well. Small metal balls, that could be lead for all I know. I tried calling the 800 number on the back of the oven, only got voicemail, and no return calls. I tried the customer service email and fax that came with the oven - undeliverable. And I have been trying to get response from Ronco ever since. So, great product if you get one that works, but be advised, if you need support, you're pretty much out of luck.
33 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2007
This Rotisserie is actually a decent design, but typical Ronco TV infomercial cheaply made-in-China materials and construction. Very inaccurate timer and I could not read it until I added a dab of heat resistant white porcelin touch-up paint to highlight the pointer. Ronco uses the stickiest non-stick materials I have ever encountered. Rather than use chrome or license more expensive and time proven non-stick technology, Ronco uses a version of black spray paint that does not come clean no matter what you do to it. Tempts you to take a Brillo pad to it, but that would likely expose something even worse. I fear, that the sticky build-up on the spit and basket could eventually become a fire hazard.

Also, it smokes a lot, so put it very near your stove hood and turn the fan on.. or use it on your porch or patio.

If you put the spit on the spit stand right out of the oven, which Ronco does on his infomercial, the stand will melt.

Not worth the aggravation and I expect this review will get deleted PDQ.
66 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2008
We Love it, it is very compact and easy to clean up I have cooked our Turkey in this and the Juices stay put..no clean up..one problem is that you can't use the juices for the dressing..but I can live with it (just boil your Giblets) use the juice from it save some for the Gravy. I prefer the Juice's being in the Turkey still..You can not go wrong with this simply set it and forget it..I tie the Turkey on and rub on squeezy butter, salt and pepper..and for 14 mins per pound..take's 1 1/2 - 2 hours depending on size..and it's done. Didn't like doing Bratwerst Sausage's on here way too messy..but a pork loin turned out wounderful and still juicy..also I did Salmon hint: be sure to put it in tightly as it will shrink some. Wonderful product..I brought 2 more for gifts this Christmas one for a friend and one for the my Father-in-law..who just Love's it too..I paid $79.99 and free shipping for this product super deal since now it's $116.99..
on December 4, 2007
Very happy with the rotisserie! Getting it through Amazon.com. saved me a lot of money. It came in the factory box with all accessories as described. Works beautifully....Does not smoke etc. etc. A great way to prepare foods...!!!
on April 12, 2011
This rotsserie is crap, I have used it twice and after washing the metal rods I noticed that the paint on them was flaking off, I examined the product and bits of paint was inside of it, all the docs that came with it show that the drip pan and drainer are stainless not this one they are painted also and flaking, I do not recommend any one buying this kind of unit, mine went to the dumpster, the manufacturer will not stand behind it and the short warranty Amazon gives won't either.
on January 18, 2008
Our old Ronco finally broke down after 7 years of service. When I was shopping around for a new replace I came upon this slightly small rotisserie and more stylish in stainless steel. The picture does not do it justices, it looks much better in person than on the web. I love this thing and use it to cook all of my main courses: chicken, steaks, fish, etc. Plus with it being just a little smaller than the original Ronco, it is much easier to storage and clean. Also, I could past the great deal for only $70 with free shipping, WOW!
on December 11, 2007
Ronco ST3001WHGEN Showtime Compact Rotisserie and Barbeque Oven, White It does what they say it will do. Excellent product. I use it 2-4 times a month.
on January 21, 2008
We previously owned the large version of the Ronco Rotisserie, but there are only three in the family and didn't really need one that size. We passed it on to my sister, who loves it, and we purchased the compact sized rotisserie. It works perfectly and it's the perfect size for a family of three. I highly recommend this product. I will however state that my family does not particularly care for any pork products to be cooked in a rotisserie. We've used it for pork roasts, spare ribs, and pork chops, and every time the meat was unbelievably greasy--tasted okay if you could get passed the grease. Aside from that, we use it 3-4 times per week to make chicken, beef, and especially salmon.