nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more

on May 30, 2014
Currently I have Two RooSports. The Large one and small. I also purchased the Running Buddy. I have used both on training runs, a half and full marathon. There are pros and cons to both. However between the two I would choose the RooSport. First the positives. It is light weight and doesn't bounce or shift. No problems with headphones hooking in to my Iphone. However I would get the Large if you have a smart phone. The small is a tight fit but it does work. Love the hole on the side to plug in my headphones. The only problem I have had with the RooSport is that it is not sweat proff. This was only a summer issue. In the Summer I have to put my phone in a plastic bag if I don't when I pull it out it is soaked. If they could fix this issue it would be perfect. Now the Running buddy stays dry BUT it is heavy and if I don't have a drawstring on my pants it tends to pull my pants down. There is not a hole on the side for my headphones. A bit of a pain. It is a little roomier but with the last two issues i pretty much it for long runs when I need to carry Gu.
on November 13, 2012
I have to say that I love, love, love the RooSport! I have used it on short runs, long training runs, and a recent half marathon. I've also used it to keep my ID and phone on me without having to carry a purse. Once I folded it over my waistband and started running, I didn't even know it was there. It didn't move around, chafe, or lose it's contents. The zippered pocket held my key, and the larger velcro pocket held my cell phone (a droid), ID, train ticket, and money with room to spare!

It isn't completely waterproof, as my train ticket and phone did get a little damp from running for so long and sweating through it. Even though they were a little damp, it was totally worth it not to have to deal with a running belt like Spibelt. As a woman with a waist smaller than my hips, running belt and fanny packs tend to work their way up and become loose around my tummy. The RooSport didn't move an inch and didn't put any extra pressure around my tummy that I normally would get from a traditional running belt. Aside from my shoes and jog bra, this little product is my favorite! I can't get over how awesome it is!
on December 6, 2012
I bought this at the Philadelphia marathon expo. I was carrying 3 gu's with me during the race and I needed something to hold them. I looked at belts but they looked like they would bug me bobbing up and down like that. Then I found the roosport booth. I listened to the sales pitch and thought about it. It was kinda expensive at 20 dollars for a little pouch but it was well worth it! I was worried that this would move up and down when I ran but as long as I had only 3 gus in there and not 4 it was fine. I forgot I even had it on. It just goes right on your waistband and secures itself with a little magnet. The fabric is very comfortable. There is also a little zipper pouch for an id. I usually run with shorts with an id pouch in them but once its cold enough to wear leggings instead this will be perfect. You can put an ipod in there too. It has a little hole where your headphones can go through. I just held my ipod though. I always do. And I dont think it would have fit in there with the gels. One con was that the little velcro part came started to come off the day I bought it but I thought the velcro wasnt necessary anyway. It actually got in my way a little bit as I was trying to pull the gels out. So really its not a big deal. Im so glad roosport was at the Philly marathon. it made such a difference!
on June 16, 2014
This pocket has two pouches. One is open at the top and sits next to your skin inside your running shorts, and the other is zippered and sits away from your skin inside your running shorts. If you tighten your shorts enough, your phone will sit securely in the open pouch with no bouncing. My iPhone 4s fit nicely inside. I haven't carried keys etc., but I think they would be safe and secure in the zippered pocket. I've had two 7mi runs, and had no problems with comfort or bouncing. Unfortunately there are several caveats that come along with this type of running pocket. Based on my two runs, GPS accuracy definitely suffers with my phone in my shorts. My run data showed me cutting diagonally through city blocks, and running a half a block to one side of my actual route. RunMeter tries to calculate stop time, and found 30-90s of stop time in every mile. Two runs over the same course showed very different distance and time. My phone case was damp at the end of my runs, so on longer runs I would have to take extra steps to keep it dry. Once the phone is tucked away, access is pretty inconvenient. I had my drawstrings pretty tight, so it took extra effort to reach into my shorts and pry the phone out, being careful not to pull the headphone plug (threaded through the little hole). Then, with the phone tethered down nether, it was a bit tricky to operate on its short leash. And then it has to all go back into the pouch. Don't try this while running, and once you've done it once you'll be done forever. I tried attaching the pouch to the waist belt of my running backpack, but without the shorts to hold it, the bouncing was too much. I plan to keep my RooSport for times when I need to carry keys/cards/money, but it won't be carrying my phone on my daily runs.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2014
I liked the convenience of the RooSport in terms of portability but I did find that it wiped out my debit cards when I carried them in there on 2 different occasions. After that I stopped using it on any runs where I would be required to bring anything magnetic because I couldn't afford the $8 fee from my bank to get a replacement card for a 3rd time.

It is a lot easier to use than a belt and it always stays in place during my runs.
on September 20, 2014
I picked one up at the Race Expo for the 2014 Giants Race. I haven't run in it yet but I just wanted to share that it does fit the iPhone 6. I have a case on my phone but I can still squeeze it into the zipper pocket and it fits just about perfectly into the open pocket. FYI in case anyone is on the fence.
on May 15, 2013
It is convenient for cards, money keys etc. for the summer runner because a lot of the running clothing provides little in the way of storage space. I actually bought this on recommendation of a serious runner but originally planned to use it as a card and money belt because I can fit it inside my belt to thwart pickpockets when I travel to Europe.
on May 31, 2014
I bought the Roosport at a running expo and it is the best! It holds a key(s), credit cards and gel if needed. What's great is that it can be worn on the front of your shorts, side ( hip ) or back. The magnet is very strong and the Roosport stays in place. If carrying a gel, it is easy to access. I bought two of these for my marathon friends. They LOVED them! Whether you are a short distance or long distance runner, I would highly recommend this running pocket. PS Some shorts don't come with an adequate key pocket, so it's nice to have one that can hold more keys, etc.
on August 15, 2014
I love the RooSport magnetic running pocket. I've used it with an iPhone and a larger Android phone. It stays in place, lays flat and doesn't weigh your pants or shorts down. I've learned to use it outside the gym and running too... Throw your phone, keys, ID and cash in it - good to go shopping or running errands without worrying about large purse.
on May 6, 2014
The RooSport is light weight and waterproof. I can't even tell It in my pants even with a phone inside. Nothing moves in it while I am running. I am confident that nothing will fall out. The magnet is very strong so I don't have to worry about it falling or moving. Love the RooSport.