Rookies: Season 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Remember your first day at your new job? Now imagine it as a police officer. ROOKIES, a new unscripted series from A&E, puts viewers in the squad car as each new graduate heads out on patrol for the first time.
Shot on location in Louisiana's Jefferson Parish and Tampa, Florida, ROOKIES reveals an aspect of police work you don't usually see - real officers, fresh out of the police academy, learning the ropes during a 12-week street patrol. Each week viewers will go along for the ride as field training officers coach the rookies on what it takes to survive the situations they'll encounter on tough city streets. These veteran cops will impart experience and skills that can make the difference between life and death.
Some of the rookies will have what it takes - and others will be asking themselves if they can take the heat in one of the most challenging jobs in America.
BONUS FEATURES: Additional Footage (2 Featurettes "Jefferson Parish" and "Tampa")
DISC 1 - TAMPA (8 episodes, approx 176 mins. + bonus):
- 10/21/08 Tampa: Class Begins (#1) (series premiere)
- 10/28/08 Tampa: Size Doesn't Matter (#2)
- 11/4/08 Tampa: The Birth of a Rookie (#3)
- 11/11/08 Tampa: A Deer in Headlights (#4)
- 11/18/08 Tampa: There's a New FTO in Town (#5)
- 11/25/08 Tampa: It's a "Deadly" Profession (#6)
- 12/2/08 Tampa: Finding the Cop Voice (#7)
- 12/2/08 Tampa: Command Presence (#8)
DISC 2 - JEFFERSON PARISH (8 episodes, approx. 176 mins. + bonus):
- 10/21/08 Jefferson: The Shootout (#1)
- 10/28/08 Jefferson: One More Time (#7)
- 11/4/08 Jefferson: My Name on a Plaque (#8)
- 11/11/08 Jefferson: Toy Gun (#3)
- 11/18/08 Jefferson: Riding Solo (#4)
- 11/25/08 Jefferson: Rookie Love (#5)
- 12/2/08 Jefferson: The Lost Rookie (#2)
- 12/2/08 Jefferson: Step Up Or Step Off (#6)
Top Customer Reviews
To be frank, I purchased this two disc set directly from A&E Home Video Store at a higher price about a month ago and found it to be one of the most watchable, entertaining, and fascinating looks into the true crime
genre that A&E and Discovery have been producing over the past twenty years.
You can feel the frustration, the sense of impending danger, the disappointments, and the heartfelt emotions of these young American rookie police officers as they are individually put through the paces of a patrol officer by their "FTO's" [field training officers].
You will find yourself laughing, cringing, and even questioning your own sensibilities as to how YOU would handle some of these everyday situations that face the everyday street cop on the beat.
Between "Brooklyn Homicide North", the newly released "Crime 360" and now this series, "The Rookies", these television DVD's will be long remembered as the Golden Era of True Crime documentary entertainment.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this is a fantastic look into the world of being a new police officer. I wish they would make more. Read morePublished on November 30, 2010 by M. B. likes baking
If you like COPS, this is right up your alley. Exactly as it says it is. A look at police work from the eyes of rookies. Read morePublished on September 29, 2009 by Tom