5.0 out of 5 stars If you enjoyed the book you will love this!!!
It was wonderful! My children (3 & 5yrs) were already very familiar with the book. This follows the text with no additional text added but the film is still about 25 minutes long. The animation alone adds so much to the story. You learn more about the characters, etc. It is very funny and very sweet....just lovely. I teach 3rd grade and my students loved it also!
Published 19 months ago by Jessica

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it!
It's ok. Really just someone narrating the scenes which are directly from the book. Kids liked it once only because we read the book so much but have not asked for it again (which is rare considering we watch most movies at least 20 times).
Published 27 days ago by LBW

5.0 out of 5 stars If you enjoyed the book you will love this!!!, July 10, 2013
Jessica (United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gorgeous Little Gem from Across the Pond, June 17, 2013
The Scholar Gypsy (The Texas Wasteland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Room on the Broom (DVD)
I saw this while on holiday in Cardiff around Christmas 2012, and I must say I wept so freely and happily. The BBC did a beautiful adaptation of this lovely little children's book. This is a timeless new classic that decrees inclusion for all--there is indeed "room on the broom" for us all.

Have the book myself and have given copies, all of which are adored by critics across many different ages. Can't wait for this little DVD to make it here across the pond.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story and great fun for our todddler., August 14, 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (DVD)
I was a little unsure when we ordered this movie. I just wasn't sure if it would really be something my two and a half year old would pay attention to. It looked like very beautiful animation, and sometimes, honestly, I think she just gets bored if it isn't bright and "super animated" if you know what I mean. WOW was this mama wrong. We received this movie in the mail right before heading out on a car trip that ended up being about two hours- and we watched this movie the WHOLE time. So, about 2.5 times total I guess? She was immediately captured by the fantastic animation, and the well-crafted story. She liked pointing out all the animals, and pointing out when the witch dropped her want "oh no! "and repeating the recognizable "is there room on the broom for me" phrase- which was adorable. She also was very interested in the insert with all the rest of the books by the author Julia Donaldson- and asked if we could "get all of them". We went to the library the next day and she was very happy to find ALL of the books there on the shelf waiting for her. Not only is this a great movie- but a great way to make reading more fun too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Room on the Broom, August 8, 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (DVD)
My family and I love reading the book and watching the DVD of "The Gruffalo" so we were excited when the DVD "Room on the Broom" which is also by Julia Donaldson was released. In the movie, Room on the Broom, a witch and her cat take a journey on the witches broom. On their ride they continuously lose items which are found by other animals. These animals join the witch and cat on their trip. The cat learns a few lessons on kindness and cooperation. My kids loved that the squirrel and snake from The Gruffalo make an appearance at the beginning of the movie. Adorable movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book brought to life!, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (DVD)
My children loved this! My oldest daughter is 10, so she wasn't very interested in it, but my other children (8, 6, and 4) all loved it. My youngest son's favorite was the cat because he loves cats. When my oldest child was 3 or 4, she probably would have been scared of the dragon, but her brothers weren't! I loved how the only dialog in the movie is the narration of the book. What a wonderful way to bring a great book to life. I love the lesson of friendship and working together.

5.0 out of 5 stars An immediate hit in my home!, August 12, 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (DVD)
My family and I watched a copy of "Room on the Broom" by Julia Donaldson and Max Lang. My husband let both my kids view this while I was out for the day and then when I got home I heard so many wonderful things about it that we all watched it together! The animation is soft and lovely and take right from the books illustrations. The story is of a kind witch who allows many animal friends that she encounters along her flight a ride on her broom! Her new friends include a bird and a frog and a dog. With all the added cargo her broom snaps in half and she is captured by a dragon! Her animal friends covered in a muddy disguise rescue her from the dragon. It's a very nice little story and my children enjoyed it very much! I would recommend it for all ages, heck I loved it myself! It would be a fine addition for Halloween but really anytime is a good time for this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Greta Movie for Kids!, July 31, 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (DVD)
My family has been a fan of this book for some time and it definitely is one that I know that my children have asked me to read many times in the past. So you can guess that we were very excited to see that this great story was now being released as a video too. In watching this movie as a family I have to say that they have done a great job at capturing the wonderful feel of the book itself and added on some additional mannerisms about each of the characters that you cannot specifically see in the book which made the characters deeper with a longer back story.

I also have to say that we enjoyed also watching the bonus features. This was the first time that we have been introduced to the author and gave us a more intimate knowledge to why the book was made in the way it was.

All-in-all this movie does a great job at capturing all aspects of the book itself and whether you have read the book or not you too will like this as well.

*I received a copy for review - all opinions are my own*

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute!!, November 16, 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (DVD)
Cutest story!! Love the author of the book and when I heard they made this into a movie -- I had to get it!! My 2 toddler boys love the story and to see it come alive on tv was great! So happy with it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Children love it! It is their favorite story!, November 11, 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (DVD)
My grandchildrens favorite story! We also bought the CD and they never tire of it! Great rhyming story that they soon learn by repetition!

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOO cutte, November 4, 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (DVD)
Absolutely adorable. Love it. Have watched it over and over with my kids and foresee watching it after the Halloween holiday is over

Room on the Broom [HD]