5.0 out of 5 stars Not really a Book, but a Great Tool
Wow! This kit, was the cheapest and MOST EFFECTIVE method we found for planning the rooms in our house. The ability to plan, easily change and visualize a room layout...without moving furniture....is great. This is perfect for new home buyers, who are trying to organize multiple rooms.
Published on May 5, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Room and Furniture Layout Kit
The concept is good but it should be available in a 1/4"= 1' scale so it could be used with standard house plans.
Published on November 9, 2000 by Kindle Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not really a Book, but a Great Tool, May 5, 1999
By A Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Room and Furniture Layout Kit, November 9, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars A good starter item, maybe..., November 11, 2004
This review is from: Room and Furniture Layout Kit (Paperback)
I wasn't as pleased with this item as I thought I would be. It was purchased to use for our homeschooled 16 year old. At the time of this purchase, we also purchased "Home Quick Planner", which was the real find for us. I purchased this with the intention of using it as a supplement to the "Home Quick Planner" after seeing it listed on Amazon as a "goes together" type of item. Unfortunately, the "Home Quick Planner" was scaled to 1/2"=1', and this item was scaled at 1/4"=1', so they really aren't good together.

I was also wondering why they have the subtitle "From Stencils and Notepaper to Flowers and Napkin Folding", since that was not in MY edition, and my edition looks just like the picture in the Amazon ad.

Also, the "Home Quick Planner" has detailed "window cling-type" stickers that you can take off and put back on easily, which is nicer than these cardstock punch-outs, which are very plain. I would suggest that you "look inside", on the Amazon listing, which I didn't do since I impulsively purchased it when Amazon listed it as a "goes together" item. After viewing the "look inside", you may decide that this is just what you want, and the price is very low. It may be nice for somebody who wants to invest a small amount of money to try their abilities at layouts. You may be very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I use this over and over, November 2, 2006
O. Crane "chopper9912" (New Palestine, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Room and Furniture Layout Kit (Paperback)
I love this book and I have used it over and over for years. Who cares if it doesn't match blueprints? Simply measure your room and do the math. I don't have blueprints to try and match - I'm just a woman trying to redo rooms in a house. There are 215 punch out pieces of furniture and if they don't fit your EXACT sofa you can cut them down to size.

I am a perfectionist and need everything to be measured exact. I do not cut corners and I have used this book for at least 5 complete room makeovers. It has been invaluable and many furniture pieces were NOT purchased because I knew they wouldn't fit in the room - all thanks to this really inexpensive layout kit. $5? It's worth the investment many times over.

1.0 out of 5 stars Room and Furniture Layout Kit, February 9, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Room and Furniture Layout Kit (Paperback)
Unfortunately, the pieces in this book are not to the scale of our blueprints. They should be 1/4" = 1 ft. however they are 1/2" = 1 ft. It is not specified in the ordering information on this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars good find, good advice, January 6, 2003
Brandy Berker (Washington DC Metro) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Room and Furniture Layout Kit (Paperback)
We found the book to be a good tool, but limited in its use. Many of the pieces we have didn't fit those provided, so we had to improvise (you punch our standard funriture pieces for placement on a grid of your room). Also, the paper isn't a standard graph paper, so it's limited (unless you want to copy it)... other than that it was a good tool...

5.0 out of 5 stars easy and inexpensive, October 5, 2013
This review is from: Room and Furniture Layout Kit (Paperback)
easy and inexpensive way to plan out our rooms - don't let the low price make you skip over getting this

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, but not quite the right sizes, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Room and Furniture Layout Kit (Paperback)
I enjoyed using the punch out furniture shapes to arrange some rooms, but I had to repeatedly make my own variations in size to fit my antique furniture. This packet was helpful as a starter.

2.0 out of 5 stars I found this to be more trouble to use than ..., July 2, 2014
This review is from: Room and Furniture Layout Kit (Paperback)
I found this to be more trouble to use than it was worth. There really are not enough options ( and it would be unreasonable to expect that there would be unless the product were VERY expensive) to cover a lot of furniture that people have ( different sizes etc.) so the results are not all that helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars practical book for furniture arrangement, June 22, 2014
This review is from: Room and Furniture Layout Kit (Paperback)
This will help me so much as I just can't picture what furniture will look like where I want to move it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Room and Furniture Layout Kit
Room and Furniture Layout Kit by Muncie Hendler (Paperback - October 1, 1981)
$6.95 $6.26