Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on March 19, 2011
My wife and I ordered this harp for my daughter's fifth birthday, it was her instrument of choice. We were unsure if we could find a reasonably priced harp that her small body could handle, this fit the bill. Since we had zero knowledge of harps this looked to be a good choice. After receiving the harp not only were we very pleased, but so was my daughter. After I tuned it it sounded surprisingly good. My wife also read that it takes some time for the harp to stay in tune consistently so I have to tune the harp about once a day.

The craftsmanship of the harp is excellent in my opinion for its price point. Having played guitar for several years I have owned some beautiful guitars, while this is not the same level of craftsmanship as them, it is also under $100 and looks great. I would recommend this to anyone that is wishing to introduce little ones to the harp, or for themselves. It also looks great as an accent to our living room. Some old books, a harp and a bottle of wine, somehow it makes one look cultured.
on February 5, 2010
This harp did not cost so much. It is a beuautiful little harp. I was disappointed with the strings. They are pvc or some sort of plastic. They do not tune very well. I am going to look into replacing the stings myself, like a guitar. I don't know if this is possible but if it is. I won't be upset about the money I spent on a harp that you can't tune.
on December 4, 2013
I am absolutely thrilled with this small harp. Yes, it has a limited range (one and a half octaves) and no it doesn't play sharps or flats (unless you tune it that way, which of course, you can tune it any way you like), but it is beautiful and has a lovely sound. Many commenters were not fond of the nylon strings, but I have always preferred them, even on my guitar. I think they are a gentler sound. And after a couple of days of tuning, it seems to be settling in. (several other reviewers said how difficult it was to keep in tune but the maker clearly states in the shipping that it comes untuned and how to tune which strings first so the instrument is not too stressed and that it will take a few weeks to actually stay tuned because that's just how instruments are...) I bought an electronic chromatic tuner to help and really like that product as well. I am pretty good 'by ear', but it really helps to have it precisely. Anyway, I have been playing around with different melodies and harmonics with simple songs and absolutely love it. I would love to find some music that is written because though I have a good ear, am better with music. Maybe this will help me accomplish a life-long goal of being freer spirited with my music! Oh, and it is BEAUTIFUL, too! I had it sitting on a table and got up during the night and was enchanted by the beautiful shadow it cast on the wall.
on December 27, 2014
Cute little functional harp for my almost 2-year old. Does what I expected it to do, harp arrived with the bottom blue (F) string not even connected. Looked like it was attempted but it was completely loose in transit or something. I have years of musical experience playing multiple instruments and participating in different kinds of conventional western ensembles (orchestra, symphonic winds, concert band, show orchestra, small-scale harp ensembles, etc), and with this harp I'd say this might not be the best instrument to start learning how to play harp on if one is serious about learning. I'd get a Harpsicle/fullsicle for starting out on a budget. The tuning pegs are easy to turn but they do not hold that well when tuning in one sitting. I tuned the strings and then realize all of them had slipped and gone flat moments later. Since this harp only has 12 strings, you can't expect to play a song much with both of your hands, and you're limited to mostly playing melody with your right hand. There are no levers as well so you'd probably be best off tuning the strings to all natural notes.
review image
on December 25, 2010
i'm so impressed with how great this is, for the money. It's beautiful, stays in tune (except for the highest string) fun to play. it has the color coded strings and comes with a tuner.
on July 3, 2011
I have thus far enjoyed learning to play on this little harp. The design is beautiful and easy to use. My only complaint would be the plastic strings. I have to tune my harp several times a day if I want it to sound at all pleasing. Investing in new strings will be a must for any who choose to purchase this item. All in all I am happy with my purchase. I got what I paid for.
on December 25, 2008
My granddaughter (a musician) was completely delighted when she opened this gift from me. Twelve strings are a great introduction to the harp, and this instrument doesn't take much room. Beautifully crafted with carving on the wood.
on August 1, 2013
I am interested in learning to play the harp and thought trying it out and learning on a smaller harp would be best. Being an acoustic guitar player and having a small LCD tuner on hand made for a great beginning with this beautiful Roosebeck baby harp. As any guitar player knows, it takes time for new strings to "settle in" and so tunings are frequent until new stings find their place. I expect it to be no different with a harp and once the initial tuning was complete I was pretty excited.

The harp is the perfect size since I really wanted something not bulky and a bit portable. It felt good to hold and the strings smooth on the finger tips. I was thinking before the harp arrived, I might like to put steel strings on it at some point later. But after playing a bit I find the sound of the nylon strings it came with soft and pleasing.

The wood has a beautiful smooth finish, and the harp itself is sturdy and well made. (The design on the bottom sides of the harp I received is knotwork which I actually prefer to the design shown above.) If you go the Mid-East web site it sells for $139 but I got mine for $109 here at Amazon sold through Alto Music. So for the price I feel I made an excellent choice and am totally looking forward to getting to know and to playing this fine musical instrument.
on February 2, 2010
This baby harp went above my expectations!! When my daughter opened the package we were amazed at the beautiful craftmanship of this baby harp!! I would highly recommend this baby harp if you play, or if your intrested in learning to play. Very high quality baby harp for a great price!!!
on August 25, 2013
I bought this baby harp for its design - the shape, the beautiful rosewood and the carving on its sides, the birch soundboard and its portability. It's a given that for a professional harpist the 12 strings without sharpening levers may limit the repertoire one can play on this instrument, however I have adapted a lot of folk music and classical pieces that can be played on it - not to worry !!!
It has a very bright sound yet it can project very well and as a travel harp it is ideal. For what it is the price is a bit high but still reasonable.

On the negative side, it is a bit difficult to hold steady and play properly. Its short soundbox is not long enough to hold comfortably between your legs and placing it atop your thighs the instrument rocks making something more technical for the advanced player difficult. However, if there's a will there's a way...

It is a beautiful piece of art, a nice small instrument recommended for easy transport when taking a larger harp isn't possible...