- Take an Extra 30% Off Any Book: Use promo code HOLIDAY30 at checkout to get an extra 30% off any book for a limited time. Excludes Kindle eBooks and Audible Audiobooks. Restrictions apply. Learn more.
“…the most complete book on the subject you are likely to find.”
Backwoods Home Magazine
“…a book that has become a durable classic – a manual that delivers detailed guidelines for storing fruits and vegetables in the most simple way possible.”
The Province (Vancouver, British Columbia)
“The name Bubel is synonymous with practical, hands-on experience…I highly recommend Root Cellaring. It’s the only book you need on the subject.”
Maine Organic Farmer & Gardener
In Root Cellaring, the Bubels tell how to successfully use this natural storage approach. It's the first book devoted entirely to the subject, and it covers the subject with a thoroughness that makes it the only book you'll ever need on root cellaring.
Root Cellaring will tell you:
* How to choose vegetable and fruit varieties that will store best
* Specific individual storage requirements for nearly 100 home garden crops
* How to use root cellars in the country, in the city, and in any environment
* How to build root cellars, indoors and out, big and small, plain and fancy
* Case histories -- reports on the root cellaring techniques and experiences of many households all over North America
Root cellaring need not be strictly a country concept. Though it's often thought of as an adjunct to a large garden, a root cellar can in fact considerably stretch the resources of a small garden, making it easy to grow late succession crops for storage instead of many rows for canning and freezing. Best of all, root cellars can easily fit anywhere. Not everyone can live in the country, but everyone can benefit from natural cold storage.
Well written book with lots of information. Highly recommended!Published 11 days ago by Jeroen Beuckels
One of the better books on root cellaring. I used the advice in this book when I built my root cellar.Published 18 days ago by Gene
I wasn't expecting the great information I got from this book. I have a dirt floor cellar in my house and feel very lucky to have it, especially after reading this book. Read morePublished 29 days ago by Nurse