Roots: The Next Generations 1 Season 1979
1. Part 1 Tom Harvey (GEORG STANFORD BROWN) assumes the leadership of the black community in Henning, Tennessee from his aging father, Chicken George (AVON LONG).
2. Part 2 Tom Harvey's daughter, Cynthia (BEVER-LEIGH BANFIELD) falls in love with Will Palmer (STAN SHAW) a railroad worker who soon lands a job at the lumber company.
3. Part 3 Seventeen years later: Will Palmer (STAN SHAW) prospers as the owner of the lumber company.
4. Part 4 Simon Haley (DORIAN HAREWOOD) spends World War I with the 92nd Infantry, Colored, in France. On his return to the States, Simon and his buddies Doxey (CHARLES WELDON) and Haywood (BERNIE CASEY) are greeted by a lynch mob in Knoxville, Tennessee.
5. Part 5 12-year-old Alex Haley (CHRISTOFF ST. JOHN) learns his family history from grandfather Will Palmer (STAN SHAW).
6. Part 6 Alex Haley (DAMON EVANS) joins the Coast Guard after leaving college. He meets and marries Nan Branch (DEBBIE ALLEN) before being sent to the South Pacific during WW II.
7. Part 7 Alex Haley (JAMES EARL JONES) is now a successful magazine writer; his latest assignment: an interview with Malcolm X.
|Genres||Military & War, Drama|
|Starring||Georg Stanford Brown, Olivia de Havilland|
|Supporting actors||Henry Fonda, Paul Koslo, Avon Long, Lynne Moody, Greg Morris, Marc Singer, Richard Thomas, Fay Hauser, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Debbi Morgan, Marcus Chong, Kathleen Doyle, Ja'net DuBois, Al Fann, Lou Frizzell, Wendy Glass, Luise Heath, Ray Hemphill|
|Producers||Stan Margulies, David L. Wolper|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Sure glad they made a 3rd set to the series. Another unforgettable series. Well written!Published 20 days ago by Donna
I watched this as a young person and now, studying it I can see more clearly how a people who were persecuted overcame impossible hatred and prejudice to triumph in who they are... Read morePublished 1 month ago by marianne
Eye opener to how damage and blindness of prejudice. Made me quite angry. The determination of the freed slaves toto succeed in spite of the odds is commendable.Published 1 month ago by Wenda Stephenson
I enjoyed the mini-series & was shocked to see both Irene Cara & Philip Michael Thomas in another film together, even if it was for 10-15 minutes. Read morePublished 1 month ago by neely ohara
It is nice to have the complete set. The first Roots is still best. If interested, nice to learn how, where, and techniques used to make this movie. Read morePublished 1 month ago by BUMPSEY