on June 12, 2012
Purchased this item from a local Lowes store on 05/28/2012. Item was delivered 05/29/2012. The item worked AWESOME for about the first 3-4 days then my clothes were coming out soaked and I had no idea why ...Maybe I was putting the size of the setting on too high? Checked that and no. After several days of not knowing what the problem was and my clothes were not even getting clean the I sat and stayed downstairs during a load to see what the problem was. The washer turned on and filled up with about a 1/2" of water and then did absolutely nothing. It ran through like it was going to a spin cycle and then didn't and then didn't even drain the water. The whole thing completely locked up after only 3-4 days of use!

I returned to the Lowes store to do an exchange and they wanted me to REBUY a new one and THEN refund me for the other one ...Um excuse me? NO!

Found an AWESOME deal at Best Buy for an even better Washer for $100 LESS than what we paid for at Lowes!

I tried to leave a review on Lowes' site but they have to "review" all reviews and it hasn't been posted.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS MACHINE
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on September 12, 2012
My washer and dryer of 20 plus years finally bit the dust. Living in a trailer and by myself I wanted machines that would fit in the space that I had for them and I didn't need expensive gadgets. Roper is made by Whirlpool who also make Kenmore. Whirlpool gets consistently high ratings. I opted to go with these for that reason, plus Lowe's gives me free delivery and set up while carting away my old units.

I have owned them for a few years and have no issues with them. They are relatively light and inexpensive (what isn't?). I do 2-3 loads a week, so they are not heavy use.

If they last me 5-10 years, I will be happy. For the inexpensive price, I can toss them and order up some new ones.

Home Depot's low end product is Magic Chef. My repairman claims they are junk.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again